Thread: Jet Aer corp Boot knife/dagger?

Jet Aer corp Boot knife/dagger?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Just looking for any information out there (if there is any) on the maker, recently added to my dagger collection as a nice little boot knife.

Length OAL: 8 7/8"
    Blade length: 4 5/8"
    Maker: Jet-Air Corp out of Paterson, NJ is apparently the parent company, but the knife is made in Japan.
    Model: G-96, No 7003.

Hi Danny,

Jet-Aer was an importer here in the States, they started in business in 1973, I am not sure if their still around. They use to advertise in various outdoor magazines here. Their knives are mostly Buck copies, or Buck influenced designs.

I have seen their knives here, and there, selling in the $20 to 35 range. Your knife is really nice.

HTH.

Question jet-aer knives rare burds in the uk

knives by the jet-aer corporation peterson new jersey usa seem to be very rare burds in the uk? i have been trading & collecting for many years & have only just come across my 1st one. this is a japanese made! knife makers choice #860 G96 brand large 5inch (buck 110 clone) folding hunter with a lovely leather pouch. the quality of this knife is outstanding & cannot be faulted, it was picked up off uk ebay in unused condition with pouch box & paperwork for under £5 largely due to a poor photo & description! i think these knives must have been imported to the uk by whitby! as there is a whitby quality knives sticker on the box with the code #Lk860. i was just wondering if any of you chaps out there in knifeland know anything else about this company & its range of knives? cheerz from the knifebloke..

The bike shop where I used to work back in the mid-80's sold these so I picked up a few. I can remember a Buck 110 clone and small barlow style but my memory is fuzzy... My favorite was a small (~3") lockback with a clip sheath. The sheath was only deep enough for the bottom half of the knife but there was a pin that fit into the thong hole and "locked" the knife in... Wish I could find that knife, its gotta be somewhere...

Have fun,
    tom

Anyone know what steel was used in the G96 brand knives ? TIA.

back to jet-aer knives blade steel, i have the knife, box, & paperwork & theres no mention of blade steel at all? the blades are very sharp so that gets me thinking back to parkers 1980s japanese knives that all had surgical steel blades, maybe these was done in the same factory & have the same blades? just a thought that maybe someone else can run with? cheerz from the knifebloke..
    Last edited by knifebloke; 10-21-2005 at 04:08 AM.

more on jet-aer knife steel

taken from the owner instructions that came with the knife! & i quote "knife makers choice knives are made of a special rust proof steel that combines the edge holding ability of high carbon steel with the easy care of stainless steel. when properly sharpend they will hold their razor sharp edge through long & repeated use" unquote well thats it for what its worth? cheers from the knifebloke
    Last edited by knifebloke; 10-21-2005 at 04:03 AM.

Thanks, knifebloke. The G96 in question is about the size and shape of a Buck 112, but with a smaller, non locking blade, saw, bottle and can openers, and phillips. It is quite well built and the most rugged SAK type knife I've seen. The blade takes a wicked edge, but I've not used it enough to comment reliably on retention.

Advertising is not allowed on this forum. If you want to advertise on Bladeforums you'll have to get a Gold (or Dealer) Membership and post in the Exchange section. Click on "Upgrade your forums experience, and help support this site" at the top of the page for details.
    http://www.mailmsg.com/sounds/spam-song.wav
    Last edited by Cougar Allen; 04-09-2007 at 04:45 PM.

Advertising is not allowed on this forum. If you want to advertise on Bladeforums you'll have to get a Gold (or Dealer) Membership and post in the Exchange section. Click on "Upgrade your forums experience, and help support this site" at the top of the page for details.
    http://www.mailmsg.com/sounds/spam-song.wav
    Last edited by Cougar Allen; 04-09-2007 at 12:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsim333 View Post
    Please don't quote the spammers. The spammers make enough work for the moderators without you helping them.
    -Cougar :{)
    Did you notice that tom2 posted that in October of 2005 ... ?
    Last edited by Cougar Allen; 04-09-2007 at 04:46 PM.

I was given this knife when I was 9 years old. My grand father gave it to me, close to my 10th birthday. It was the first knife I ever owned. It is a simple stainless steel flip pocket knife, made in Japan with the following insignia:
    JET-AER
    CORP
    PATERSON,
    N.J.
    {on the flip side...}
    G-96
    NO 6001
    MADE IN
    JAPAN

Please give information if available.
    CR

Blog Entries
    cr1000, welcome to Bladeforums.

This thread is over two to four years old. We may not have many of the original posters following it anymore.
    Information about old knives is best asked in the Bernard Levine forum at http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/fo...ysprune=&f=691

Hi,,
    If you happen to get any info on this knife would you be nice enough to relay it to me? I have the same knife and am hitting a dead end. Thanks, Reneé

jet aer

these knives were around late 70s & early 80s.decent quality& inexpensive.they had a blue handled fillet knife that was shaped kike a rounded triangle.one of the best knives i ever cleaned fish with.we filleted perch & it worked kike a dream. dropped it in a lake 20yrs. ago,beenlooking since.

This was considered a cheap import of the day, often seen in better gas stations and hardware store checkout counters. Very inexpensive in the day, usually stainless when it was still attempting to have a reputation, and now seen as pretty high quality compared to knives imported from other countries.

Because of it's minimal values and barely above the counter presence, there's not a lot out there on them. The collector's forum by Benard Levine might be able to do more.

Thread Information