Thread: Hibben Pro Guide Hunter: opinions wanted!

Hibben Pro Guide Hunter: opinions wanted!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Any comment or opinion about Hibben Pro Guide Hunter described on
    http://www.steelearms.com/cgi-bin/ca...&search=UC1203
    Thanks

I can't believe nobody can tell me something about that knife!!!

Hi Bear,

It's indeed strange that nobody has info on this knife. I like the looks of it a lot, but unfortunately I do not own one. The handle seems very ergonomic to me.

Too bad I can't really help you other than telling you I like the appearance of this knife.

Good luck!

Hi Serge!
    Thanks for your comment!
    I saw the knife in a knife shop window in my town and the look is actually great, but I’m not sure for the steel! They say 440 (440A, I guess!)! Nothing special, it could be much better!
    By

I'll guess as a general rule a good percentage of people ignore anything with the Hibben name as poor quality and not worth bothering with.

Probably do to the association with United Cutlery and their display only fantasy pieces.

That being said the piece mentioned looks both functional and nice.

Originally posted by DaveH
    I'll guess as a general rule a good percentage of people ignore anything with the Hibben name as poor quality and not worth bothering with.

Probably do to the association with United Cutlery and their display only fantasy pieces.

That being said the piece mentioned looks both functional and nice.
    I think DaveH hit the nail on the Head Its a reflex of a sort, just like the reflex that makes you through away any frost knives

Ok, I'll bite. That knife is junk. Pure fantasy show piece; made of probably 420J2. Cool design though. It needs to be made out of better blade material, by some other company.

At one point, my life was meaningless. Hobos spit on me and little children would run up and punch me in the groin.

I actually think that that piece will serve you at least as well as a standard Schrade, Gerber, Case, yada, yada.

Like a few have stated, United, Frost, and a few others have tainted their image by producing a lot of junk, but they can produce/contract out a good knife when they see fit.

This Hibben classic* line, the Lainhart machete, etc.... were all good knives.

* I call these the classic line because it is closest to what Hibben produced when he was first starting out.

HTH.
    Last edited by bob bowie; 12-17-2002 at 02:53 PM.

Thread Information