Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spillin' Da Beans- NEW BK&T

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hmm.. not quite a North American puukko... but veddy, veddy nice.

I see that our gracious host has the BK-10 for sale http://www.onestopknifeshop.com/store/becker.html
    GET IN LINE!

Finally - There is such a dearth of 5" fixed blades on the market. The whole knife world has been waiting for an update of the venerable pilot / utility knife. Thanks Camillus. What a coup.

Hey Averageguy....
    Thanks for the kind comments from an above average intelligence who lives in a really fine town....I was there last week to visit my son and once again was impressed by what a jewel of a place it really is.
    You are going to like the Crewman...it is long enough, strong enough, andslicey(another word that should be a word) enough. The old pilot survival knife was almost all three.... Also, I have been given to understand that a lot of command types insist on something under 6 inches. Don't you just LOVE the concept of politically correct weapons in a military context ! Anyhooo thanks again ...
    All Best
    Ethan
    Ethan Becker
    BK&T
    "Becker Knives Work for a Living"

Knife Rights member #002 - How about you?

Mr. Fennell & Mr. Becker,

How are you doing? I was just wondering about your comments on how the BK10 is basically an updated version of the Pilot Survival knife. Is there anything that may be in the works to replace the standard issue Pilot with the new BK7, as far as military contracting goes? Just a curiousity of mine. I will soon be trying out to become a SERE instructor for the Air Force, and I would feel alot more confident knowing I'd have a Becker backing me up! By then I should already have my own BK9, but as far as the BK10 goes...it all depends on timing?

Thanks for your time.

Hey Shane...
    Will asked me to get in touch with you and I dropped the ball... sooo... thanks for hanging in there and being persistant.
    The BK10 Crewman is not , unfortunately , under consideration.
    by any government body for purchase. I think Will is talking thirty days till we ship. The Combat Bowie should get you through though ...anything else I promise to be a whole lot quicker on the return...Have a safe and successful and all round good time at SERE !
    All Best
    Ethan
    Ethan Becker
    BK&T

Mr. Becker,

I sincerely thank you for your response to my inquiry about the BK10 and for your well wishes for me and my soon-to-be SERE career (crossing my fingers!).

I have to agree with Glockman99 (from his post in the BK1 vs. BK9 thread)...it is very exciting to be able to communicate with people such as yourself and Mr. Fennel. I know everyone in here truly appreciates everything you've done for the industry and this community. It's so encouraging for someone like myself (a newbie to the BladeForum) to gain the insight (on anything and everything you feel beneficial to this community) from the actual designer/maker of such a respected line of knives.

Although I do not YET own a BK&T, I have every confidence that I will enjoy the performance of the BK9 I indend to purchase next month (Anniverary present from the wife!)! This Forum has been the key to my decision on this purchase, and I am thankful for everyone's insight and reviews on their own BK&T's.

I wish everyone all the best in their future adventures, and will continue my new 'daily habit' of visiting the Camillus Forum. I look forward to seeing what's new with everyone!

Thanks again for everything.

NICE, VERY NICE!!!

Im gonna have to get one now and try it out...It should be a great knife to add to the reviews on the Pine Home Site

Originally posted by sere_usaf
    I will enjoy the performance of the BK9
    That will become an understatement for you! AWESOME knife and the 10 will be the cat's meow too!

Now to get a Patrol Machete combo with the 10 that would have it ride on the outside of the PM sheath!

Hey Shane

Thanks for the kindness... I hope to meet you someday... Try to make a BLADE Show sometime... Always a good time!!!

AND...Certainly not to be forgotten ...Hi Jason and thankyou !
    Also to the Runner of Ridges... always nice to hear nice things ..Thanks !

Thanks again Guys !
    All Best
    Ethan
    Ethan Becker
    BK&T

VERY nice! I will have to have one of those.

That starts to make up for the heartbreak of the Magnum Camp being discontinuted.....

Mr Becker, nice to have you aboard! Great knives you guys keep coming up with. Thanks!

Danny

All the Becker knives are, dollar for dollar, extreme bargains (I have two). At the risk of seeming obtuse, since everyone is raving and frothing at the mouth, why is this new model any better than the campanion?

Ethan- how does the Crewman compare to the Campanion?

This is the kind of time that I go off all day muttering the word "damn!" because I now got a whole series of BK&Ts that I need to have!!!

is the handle slightly smaller in diameter than the other Becker's?...looks nice

Same handle, Geoff!

CherylR...thanks

Whoa, I missed this until I saw the SHOT show link. Looks like my Magnum Camp and TacTool will be getting some company. That BK10 looks like a nice knife for a car kit. I probably won't be buying knives again until July. That's OK, maybe by then the initial orders will have been filled, and I can get my hands on one...

Whoooooooooooooooa horsey!! For those of you that have been watching this thread as closely as I have, y'all need to take a look at Mr. Fennell's response to bquinlan's availability thread also.

So now the BK10 is going to be available in Desert Camo too?! Well, I said I might have to get a second BK10 (never hurts to have a spare!)...........thanks, Mr. Fennell (and Mr. Becker!) This one looks like a real winner. The new folders look great too. Camillus really kicked some tail at SHOT this year across the board! Already got my pre-order on the Becker in. SK

edited to add that the info's in the Just Out thread too......sure everyone saw it! SK
    Last edited by B.D.N.T; 02-25-2003 at 11:03 AM.

Hello

New to bladeforums...only reason I registered is to ask these questions;

1) will the width ( from edge to spine ) be the same on the Bk-10, as it is on the Bk-7 C/U ?

2) what is the weight of this blade ?

3) what is the overall length of the knife ?

4) what length is the "false" edge ?

5) could you expand a little on the steel, were any corrosion/strength tests made...if so can you post the results ?

Ok, now for the reason that I'm asking these questions. I bought a Becker Bk-7 C/U for a fellow student in college, who's a Marine, and most probably will be deployed soon. I like the Bk-7 personally, but would much rather have a shorter blade, and the Bk-10 seems to answer that call. Seems to be a good knife to have in your emergency duffel bag in a trunk of a car...

Any help would be appreciated.
    Radomvis
    Last edited by Radomvis; 02-25-2003 at 12:14 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information