Thread: Best Multi-Tool Under $36?

Best Multi-Tool Under $36?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hi All,

A friend wants to give multi-tools to his wedding groomsmen as their gift. He has six groomsmen, so he needs to keep the cost of the gifts down. I suggested various SAKs, and also the close-out Spyderco aluminum Navigator at $30 from SMKW, and an Inova X5T flashlight at $40. But he wants to give a multi-tool.

Here are some I found that fit his price range:

Gerber Compact Sport ($37)
    SOG Crossgrip ($26)
    SOG Crosscut ($26)
    Leatherman Side Clip ($33)
    Leatherman Squirt (P4 or S4) ($30)

Which one of these offers the best quality and also makes it seem like he's giving something substantial? Did I miss any?

Thanks for your opinions!

Johnny

Hi!

I would suggest you to buy the Leatherman Side clip.In my opininon Leatherman makes the best multitools on the market.They have a twenty five year guarantee also. The clip makes it easy to have it as an every day carry tool. You can also compatible it with a tool adapter(but you have to buy that separatly)if you want´s a more versatile tool.

Manowar

Some of the BearJaws tools are also about $35. They have tool access from outside (don't have to open the pliers).

If he can go up to $42 or so then some of the Juices (at least C2 red and S2 orange) are also in line. I think they would make nicer presents than the Squirts or Crosscuts (I think Crosscuts are awesome, but not for a groomsman gift).

Going just over $40 would also bring in the SOG Pocket (not regular)Power Plier and maybe the mini-Buck.

Tell one of our dealers what you're doing and see if they give you a bulk/romance discount.

I would recommend the SOG CrossGrip or CrossCut. I've used all the "mini" tools and found those to be by far the most capable. The best of the full-sized multis go above his range, so why not give the best mini instead?

--Bob Q

Leatherman SideClip, it is so easy to carry and has the basic tools that all people need ....

roloss_valdes

Originally posted by johnniet

If he can go up to $42 or so then some of the Juices (at least C2 red and S2 orange) are also in line. I think they would make nicer presents than the Squirts or Crosscuts (I think Crosscuts are awesome, but not for a groomsman gift).
    I just bought a Juice CS4 for $36 shipped on Ebay. I'm sure a dealer on there would be happy to sell you several.

Leatherman Side Clip or the Squirt get my vote.
    I don't have one of the squirts yet, but they look really cool.
    I have a Leatherman micra that I use all the time.

Any Leatherman would be a great choice.

Thanks a lot everyone - these are all great suggestions.

I'll print him out pictures and he can choose one.

Johnny

Another Leatherman Side-Clip vote .., nice little tool!

Thread Information