Thread: Question about George Schrade's Hunting and Fishing knife

Question about George Schrade's Hunting and Fishing knife

ADVERTISEMENT
    I just won a George Schrade's Hunting and Fishing knife on ebay. Most of you know what I'm talking about, the all metal handles with a moose and a marlin engraved on the sides and the fish scaler back blade. I'm curious about when the knife was in production and any history or lore that goes along with it. Although I haven't handled it yet, it looks like a very cool knife.

The Geo. Schrade Knife Co. was in business from 1925 until 1945. Usually, if there is a patent year on the knife, that indicates that the knife was made sometime between that year and 1945.

This one has been brought up a couple of times. Always interesting. The knife was so cool Boker kept making it after they took over Geo. Schrade, which explains the Boker tang mark on the blade of a 'Geo. Schrade hunting and fishing knife'.

Larry, help me out... I sent you a Japanese made version of this one, didn't I? It was 'Scotchline' brand, and had the moose and marlin reversed on the handle? Other than that, almost identical. Neat little locking blade on 'em

Phil

Here´s that old thread with them:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=305024

Luis
    Last edited by Don Luis; 10-27-2004 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks for the info guys.

Luis,
    Thanks for finding that link.
    Watching the Sox... top of 9th 3-0 Sox..
    TTYL
    I've gotten that dreaded furniture disease. That's when your chest is falling into your drawers!

Thanks for finding the Link, Luis. I could not.

The curse is over! Good for the Sox.

Phil

Did Boker continue the "Stag Brand" fixed knives too? Or were they discontinued in '45 when George sold to Boker? And were there knock-offs of the wire knife? I had never known about the "Uncle George" knives til I came here, or the story of Albert and Henry. Just always assumed that a Schrade was a Schrade. I would be interested in learning a bit more about Schrade history. The men behind the knives. And the list of who bought out who is still confusing to me. Schrade, Imperial, Ulster,......Taylor.

Codger

Thread Information