Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1748

Thread: Allan Blade

  1. #1721
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Huddersfield
    Posts
    25

    ADVERTISEMENT
    I kind of got that impression from the thread I spotted back in the UK. Why didn't British Blades stop promoting him earlier if he was a proven scumbag? Is he still around?

  2. #1722
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland or ....
    Posts
    16,152
    Quote Originally Posted by pitta-pitta View Post
    I kind of got that impression from the thread I spotted back in the UK. Why didn't British Blades stop promoting him earlier if he was a proven scumbag? Is he still around?
    Go and ask them, this isn't BB so why would any one here know or care ?

  3. #1723
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Huddersfield
    Posts
    25
    The thread here shows a debate about it between here and British Blades. A few people on the thread here seemed pretty interested. Just wondered what happened?

  4. #1724
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland or ....
    Posts
    16,152
    Quote Originally Posted by pitta-pitta View Post
    The thread here shows a debate about it between here and British Blades. A few people on the thread here seemed pretty interested. Just wondered what happened?
    You're reading the same threads every one else is so I don't know what extra info. you're hoping to find out ?

    The guy is a crook, he knows it and so do alot of other people. He pops up now and again and usually gets promptly slapped back down, thats about it.


  5. #1725
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jerzee, ya devilz
    Posts
    74,243
    Blog Entries
    10
    This thread is not about knives, which is what the General Knife Discussion is for. I'm going to merge it with the Allan Blade thread in the Hall of Shame.

  6. #1726
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jerzee, ya devilz
    Posts
    74,243
    Blog Entries
    10

  7. #1727
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7
    I am late...BUT this was an amazing read!

    Sad that it had to take place...

  8. #1728
    yeah this is about the 4-5 time ive read this thread in bits and peicex and it never fails to fill me with horror

  9. #1729
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    1,132
    Please forgive the necropost, but guess who has recently resurfaced? Yes thats right none other than Alan Blade, AKA Scott Fowler, and right back here in the Spokane, WA area. I was at a Spokane gun show last weekend and noticed a table with some very nice handmade knives. I picked up a nice 4" drop point marked with a "V" as a makers mark. All the knives were marked in the $250+ range. I asked who the maker was and the guy at the table said the maker was Alan Blade making knives under the "Velocity Knives" name, hence the V marking. I put the knife back on the table and asked him if he new anything about Alan Blade. He said he was told by Blade that he had had some problems in the past but had worked them all out. I made a few comments about knowing Scott and his past history. The guy started looking at his feet and mumbled that he was only selling the knives for Alan Blade and that he made a "hell of a knife", that he had his problems fixed and made his past deals right, and was now making knives full time again. I told him a crook is always a crook and if his integrity meant anything to him he should be carefull who he associates and does business with. He just kept looking at his feet and I left to go wash my hands after holding something Alan Blade touched. So if anybody is still looking for this POS he is now living in Colbert, WA which is a couple miles north of Spokane. I looked for a address or phone listing for Alan Blade, Scott Fowler, Scott Alan Fowler , and Velocity Knives but couldnt find anything. If I find him I'll give the info if anyone wants it. Funny what they say about a turd always floating to the top.
    Last edited by Colt6731; 07-27-2012 at 10:56 AM.

  10. #1730
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    1,132
    Well I did find some more info on Velocity Knives, at none other than British Blades:
    http://www.britishblades.com/forums/...VES-in-the-USA
    None other than Alan Blade.

  11. #1731
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chattaroy, WA
    Posts
    35
    Hello Folks,

    Interesting things developing here out of the blue. First we get an Email today asking if we have Alan Blade working for us or if he is a partner in our business.

    I respond to that email, that "NO" Alan Blade doesn't work for us , and ask why and what does this have to do with our business. No Response as of yet to that email.

    As far as the GUY at the Gun Show saying our Knives with a V are made by Alan Blade we are not sure how that all came about as Velocity knives is velocity knives. We started out in this industry making products for the Bow hunting industry and gradually wanted to move in to Custom Bench Crafted Cutlery. The Dealers name in question at the gun show is RON TOLLEFSON and I called him just minutes ago to ask what happened, He explained to me how this guy was pretty Upset that Ron was selling Alan Blade knives. These are not Alan Blade Knives, they are Velocity Knives. I expressed to RON that, and he told me that Alan Had been by his table at a previous Gun show letting him know that a couple of the knives were his design. Which is valid.

    During the time we were beggining in the knife game we did garner some interest from knife makers around this area and asked them to submit designs for us to look over and possibly use in our line of knives. This was done by John Gamble in the start of the operations. I just went back over those records and did find reference to a couple of knives that were chosen by John to use that were submitted by Alan Blade to us. As were knives from a couple other makers. All these designs were paid for upfront with no future royalties involved. We are a Low key Company we have a closed shop not open to the public because we also work on government projects besides knives. We would also like in the future before folks we do not know jump to conclusion maybe first ask us.

    This whole Alan Blade thing has taken up my time this morning figuring what is going on, searching past records etc.. In Closing these are the facts:


    We paid for some designs of Alan Blades
    We Paid for those up Front almost 1 yr ago.
    They are nice designs, regardless of the past of the individual who submitted them and they are now Velocity Property.
    We employee 2 other employees outside of family members who work for us. Neither are named Alan Blade or whoever this Scot fowler is.

    And we would appreciate it if our name is not brought up anymore in regards, to anything other than Velocity Mfg/Knife business.




    Regards,

    Lisa Tabor
    Owner
    Velocity MFG/Knives

  12. #1732
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Helena, MT
    Posts
    783
    What a coincidence! Someone that works for you says that Alan Blade made the knives, you both live in the same area and you both post on a British knife website. There must be a lot of interest in British knife forums in the pacific northwest. I thought that sounded funny so I searched Velocity knives. Oddly enough, the first knife I found of yours has a VERY similar blade shape to an Alan Blade knife I owned. Of course, that happened because you bought the design from Alan. The part I can't figure out is how you have the EXACT same sheath that Alan made for the knife I had of his. Same material, fasteners, shape, hole pattern..... Maybe he sold you the design and made the sheaths? Must just be another coincidence. I don't care if Alan makes your knives or not, something just smells fishy about all of this.

  13. #1733
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jerzee, ya devilz
    Posts
    74,243
    Blog Entries
    10
    Fascinating. Worth watching for any further information.

  14. #1734
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    12,751
    Few - if any -- of these look like "Alan Blades'" stuff from back in the day: http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/Velocity-Knives.aspx

    There must be a lot of interest in British knife forums in the pacific northwest.
    Looks like the company posted once and was warned for violating forum rules.

    Seem to mostly sell through Arizona Custom Knives.

  15. #1735
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    1,132
    Actually most of those knives do look like the ones Blade was making in the mid 90's. Dealer at the show said strait out those knives were made by Alan Blade and personally purchased from Alan Blade. I also thought it strange the post on British Blades.

  16. #1736
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Southern Cal
    Posts
    8,780
    Quote Originally Posted by VelocityMfg View Post
    Hello Folks,

    Interesting things developing here out of the blue. First we get an Email today asking if we have Alan Blade working for us or if he is a partner in our business.

    I respond to that email, that "NO" Alan Blade doesn't work for us , and ask why and what does this have to do with our business. No Response as of yet to that email.

    As far as the GUY at the Gun Show saying our Knives with a V are made by Alan Blade we are not sure how that all came about as Velocity knives is velocity knives. We started out in this industry making products for the Bow hunting industry and gradually wanted to move in to Custom Bench Crafted Cutlery. The Dealers name in question at the gun show is RON TOLLEFSON and I called him just minutes ago to ask what happened, He explained to me how this guy was pretty Upset that Ron was selling Alan Blade knives. These are not Alan Blade Knives, they are Velocity Knives. I expressed to RON that, and he told me that Alan Had been by his table at a previous Gun show letting him know that a couple of the knives were his design. Which is valid.

    During the time we were beggining in the knife game we did garner some interest from knife makers around this area and asked them to submit designs for us to look over and possibly use in our line of knives. This was done by John Gamble in the start of the operations. I just went back over those records and did find reference to a couple of knives that were chosen by John to use that were submitted by Alan Blade to us. As were knives from a couple other makers. All these designs were paid for upfront with no future royalties involved. We are a Low key Company we have a closed shop not open to the public because we also work on government projects besides knives. We would also like in the future before folks we do not know jump to conclusion maybe first ask us.

    This whole Alan Blade thing has taken up my time this morning figuring what is going on, searching past records etc.. In Closing these are the facts:


    We paid for some designs of Alan Blades
    We Paid for those up Front almost 1 yr ago.
    They are nice designs, regardless of the past of the individual who submitted them and they are now Velocity Property.
    We employee 2 other employees outside of family members who work for us. Neither are named Alan Blade or whoever this Scot fowler is.

    And we would appreciate it if our name is not brought up anymore in regards, to anything other than Velocity Mfg/Knife business.




    Regards,

    Lisa Tabor
    Owner
    Velocity MFG/Knives
    It's unfortunate that you inadvertently got involved with one of the biggest scumbags in our hobby.

    BTW, you say "They are nice designs, regardless of the past of the individual who submitted them".

    I disagree. I think they're all PsOS because of the past of the individual who submitted them. You couldn't give me one.

    EDITED TO ADD: Next time you hook up with someone for your business, try searching the internet for info about the person you want to deal with. Other than that, I wish you well on your business.
    Last edited by RWS; 07-29-2012 at 09:50 AM.

  17. #1737
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chattaroy, WA
    Posts
    35
    Hello,

    As of Friday we here at Velocity Mfg/ Knives have decided to alleviate any further problems and concerns and will drop the General Utility Model as currently configured and also the general utility Lite model from our line of knives until we have had the opportunity to redesign them ourselves as time allows. All other designs we are currently doing are designs we have developed and designed in shop as are the future designs we have on board. We have decided its best to design models ourselves in the future to alleviate any further problems or hard feelings.


    Regards,

    Lisa Tabor
    Velocity Mfg/ Knives
    Last edited by VelocityMfg; 07-30-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: more info

  18. #1738
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    A little here, and a little there.
    Posts
    578
    Hopefully all these fraud cases will add up to some nice jail time.
    Last edited by jwaj; 07-31-2012 at 10:59 AM.

  19. #1739
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Utah's Dixie
    Posts
    2,298
    I'm sure Allan checks in here, he still owes me, wish I could collect interest!
    Avatar is a Jimmy Fikes Sculpture - Something Different

  20. #1740
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    S.E. Washington State
    Posts
    9,689
    Quote Originally Posted by VelocityMfg View Post
    Hello,

    As of Friday we here at Velocity Mfg/ Knives have decided to alleviate any further problems and concerns and will drop the General Utility Model as currently configured and also the general utility Lite model from our line of knives until we have had the opportunity to redesign them ourselves as time allows. All other designs we are currently doing are designs we have developed and designed in shop as are the future designs we have on board. We have decided its best to design models ourselves in the future to alleviate any further problems or hard feelings.


    Regards,

    Lisa Tabor
    Velocity Mfg/ Knives
    Interesting development.

    Remember, 'Allen' had his 'wife' speaking for him before, so this could be a very big coincidence, or a lot of hot air.

    I'll be personally looking into Velocity Manufacturing via my manufacturing colleagues.

    Stay tuned, folks.

Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •