Thread: Pocketwrench II by Lathaw Tools

Pocketwrench II by Latshaw Tools

ADVERTISEMENT
    I ran across an interesting looking little tool while surfing this week. Is it really handy/useful/worth carrying?

I called Latshaw Tools, Wichita Kansas, @ 1 800 833 3125 but the number is disco. Is this tool still being made?

Where to buy? What's a good price?

http://www.october.com/knives/bob/to...wrench_ii.html Thank you Bob for the pic.

Thank you kindly for your help.

All the best,

oregon
    Last edited by oregon; 10-31-2005 at 09:02 AM.

This is the only place I have seen it sold: http://www.mcfeelys.com/product.asp?productID=PW-1000

I wish that instead of being rounded at hte screw driver end, it was square and chisled with a v-notch for pulling nails. THe square corners would make it easier to pry some things. But for $10 nothing beats it.

Will

Will's source is the only one I've found too.

Quote Originally Posted by Will
    I wish that instead of being rounded at hte screw driver end, it was square and chisled with a v-notch for pulling nails.
    I've found that the small end of the "wrench" opening works well for pulling nails.

--Bob Q

There's a seller on eBay, wrightscreek I think who sells them for $6 Buy It Now.

4 of them RIGHT NOW. HURRY UP. THEY GO PRETTY QUICK!!!!

Thanks a heap for the information my friends. May you live for a thousand years.

I ordered 3 from Third Coast Surfboards. Really sweet looking boards btw.

I wonder if Lathaw Tools has changed their name, merged, spun-off, or ceased doing business. Next time I am in Wichita, don't hold your breath, I will knock on their door and ask.

Best,

oregon

The pocketwrench II is an interesting bit of kit.

I ran a search this past summer and got dozens of hits. Now I get almost none at all.

The name of the company, by the way, is Latshaw Tools, not Lathaw.

I carry mine in my back pocket, wrapped in my Blaze Orange Survival Bandana.

I keep one in my Mission Wallet - use it all the time.

http://www.bladeart.com/mission-tac/...ion_wallet.htm

Binford,

Terrific looking wallet. How well does the zipper hold up? Is that a Daryl Ralph knife in the wallet?

I just received 3 Pocketwrenchs in the mail today. (3 for $18 delivered, from Tom Sterne in Texas, Third Coast Surfboards). Perfect size for wallet/pocket carry. They are robust and substantial looking.

I haven't been able to run down whether or not Lathaw Tools is still in business. There is no directory listing for them in Wichita KS, however. Hope all is well and they continue producing these fine tools.

Best,

oregon

I just bought one for $7.50 delevered from ebay. I won't have it till I go home for Christams though, I had it shipped to the east.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by oregon
    Binford,

Terrific looking wallet. How well does the zipper hold up? Is that a Daryl Ralph knife in the wallet?

I just received 3 Pocketwrenchs in the mail today. (3 for $18 delivered, from Tom Sterne in Texas, Third Coast Surfboards). Perfect size for wallet/pocket carry. They are robust and substantial looking.

I haven't been able to run down whether or not Lathaw Tools is still in business. There is no directory listing for them in Wichita KS, however. Hope all is well and they continue producing these fine tools.

Best,

oregon
    If I remember right, that was a Mayo TNT maybe?

I've had my mission wallet for over a year and it's held up great. It still looks brand new and the zipper has held up great. I've stuff mine pretty full of stuff at times too. In the zipper pouch I carry a Mini Bic, small lock-pick kit, band aids, some thin wire, small compass, and other odds and end. In the main outside pocket I have the Latshaw Pocket Wrench and a small pen style sharpener. In the outer pockets I have a Benchmade 556 and a mini sharpie in the other. All that stuff packs nicely and the whole thing is still fairly slim and goes un-noticed in dress pants or dockers.

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/st...l.html?s=BU172

Binford,

Good ID on the Mission wallet knife. I believe you are correct. Thank you kindly for the tip on the Mission wallet. Very practical and attractive design.

I carry a tiny Correspondent wallet by Bosca. Just enough room for cards and folding cash. A mission wallet could take some strain off my pockets and ever expanding keychain.

Keychain (carried in pocket or off turn signal arm in car): Latshaw Pocketwrench, 3 aluminum capsules of various sizes, dayglow mini fox-40, Swiss-tech key & 4 screwdriver tool, p38 can opener sheathed in shrink wrap, 3' mini Lutkin tape, Marbles small brass compass, mini Stanley box cutter, inova micro white led, Gerber collapsible nippers, Uncle Bill's Sliver Gripper, yellow Res-Q-Me, 3' blaze orange lanyard 300# cord knotted into hangman's noose and all held together with six split key rings.

Best,

Oregon

Will,

Quite a bargain these. Way to go smart shopper. An impossible item to find in any number (at least 4) of local hardware stores I haunted searching for these babies.

When you get to see your new Latshaw pocketwrench II this Christmas you will see their address on the reverse of the blister package. "Latshaw Tools Wichita, KS 67277-7710." No street address. So I wonder if this is the address you correspond with in order to use, if it ever comes up, the lifetime guarantee. I will send them a letter at this address, with the envelope marked "address correction requested", and see if I get a response from the company or a better address from the post office.

Company Profile Updated: 05-OCT-05

Latshaw Tools

Private Company, Headquarters Location
    PO Box 7710, Wichita KS 67277-7710, United States
    Primary SIC: Hand & Edge Tools
    Primary NAICS: Hand and Edge Tool Manufacturing

Wow! The package says 27 tools in one. Many of those tools must be the different sized wrenches this tool replaces. I might call that, the variable wrench feature, one adjustable wrench myself. Let me see...ruler, prybar, wrench, screwdriver, nutdriver and fish lure/paper weight = 6 tools.

Best,

oregon
    Last edited by oregon; 11-03-2005 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon
    http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/st...l.html?s=BU172

Keychain (carried in pocket or off turn signal arm in car): Latshaw Pocketwrench, 3 aluminum capsules of various sizes, dayglow mini fox-40, Swiss-tech key & 4 screwdriver tool, p38 can opener sheathed in shrink wrap, 3' mini Lutkin tape, Marbles small brass compass, mini Stanley box cutter, inova micro white led, Gerber collapsible nippers, Uncle Bill's Sliver Gripper, yellow Res-Q-Me, 3' blaze orange lanyard 300# cord knotted into hangman's noose and all held together with six split key rings.
    That's quiet a keychain! Do you put carry that in your pocket also?

It, keychain, is what made me the laughing stock I am today. Strange, but I've had more fun equiping the keychain than I can say. It is a hobby, small useful stuff acquisition.

Yes, I carry it in my pocket on occasion. However, two of the split rings come apart easily so I half the keychain often and carry only half depending on the situation. Hiking I take it all.

My lovely wife removed the whole keychain from her car yesterday saying that she feared someone would steal her car just to get the keychain. Always the kidder. She has gotten somewhat used to it. But, I suspect, something like this is legal grounds for divorce in this state and she knows it.

An outstanding forum member from the state to the north, who I met at a local blade show, carries something similar, however, his is kept around his neck on a beaded chain. And, he claimed to wear it while he sleeps. Earthquakes have no regular business hours he explained. I figure he will survive.

Best,

oregon

Thread Information