Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carbon Fiber/Titanium Framelock Military...

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by u812
    Spyderco really needs a short run of a higher end Ti frame lock.
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing today. It would be out of my price range though. I think the Ti-handle ATR was a bust for Spyderco though, hence its discontinuation. It fit the bill though. Speaking of ATR's, I really like them. When I first saw the design I thought it was ugly, but it grew on me. Even among Spydercos, it stands out. I think they are overshadowed by the Military, Paramilitary, and Manix sometimes, since they sell for around the same price.

CF/Ti would make me buy one. I'd even have to buy it if it were G10/Ti.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos
    I know it is a pipe-dream, and I have a better chance of marrying Natalie Portman than I do of ever seeing this come to fruition, but I love my carbon fiber Mil, and I think that a Military with this peel-ply CF scale on one side, and a titanium framelock scale on the other would be the sickest, coolest (add expletive here) clipit ever. Of course, it would probably list at $300+ so nevermind. But still...

THAT sounds sooooo sweeeeeeet!! I love titanium AND CF!!I like that dream Carlos! Yeah baby!! I so want a CF Milie NOW, but I can not afford one right now!!

Quote Originally Posted by PerformanceFirst
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing today. It would be out of my price range though. I think the Ti-handle ATR was a bust for Spyderco though, hence its discontinuation. It fit the bill though. Speaking of ATR's, I really like them. When I first saw the design I thought it was ugly, but it grew on me. Even among Spydercos, it stands out. I think they are overshadowed by the Military, Paramilitary, and Manix sometimes, since they sell for around the same price.
    The Ti ATR was a compression lock and I can't get used to one.
    I would buy any Spyderco with a ti CRK type famelock.
    i8aporkchopu812 inducted Blade Show 2008
    Jeff Smith
    Skull lanyards for sale
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...knife-lanyards

Monkey fists for sale
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...6#post13041766

I like titanium, but don't like all metal handles, so the half and half ,
    Ti/G10 would be great.

Hi Carlos,

I am also enjoying the rough carbon Fiber Mili. We're planning another short run with a different steel.

The Titan ATR was disco's due to vendor / supplier problems. Demand was high. Right now the Golden Factory is pretty busy, but we're planning to get back in the Titanium model arena in the future.

If we were to go integral, we'd probably go with a compression lock over a Reeve style integral lock for a variety of reasons.

But the new Ball bearing lock is showing promise. The new "Stop-lock" (in-house" name) is also in development.

The Mili will more than likely undergo improvement next year. We've not yet decided on which lock direction to go. We'll be making minor refinements over the next year. A lock change is a major change so we want to make sure we're going in the direction that our ELUs want.

So any input would be appreciated.

sal

I guess it will never happen but IMHO a CRK framelock would be prefect for the Military and the Native.
    I may like a compression lock if it was on the back scale instead of the front scale.
    i8aporkchopu812 inducted Blade Show 2008
    Jeff Smith
    Skull lanyards for sale
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...knife-lanyards

Monkey fists for sale
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...6#post13041766

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Glesser
    Hi Carlos,

I am also enjoying the rough carbon Fiber Mili. We're planning another short run with a different steel.

The Mili will more than likely undergo improvement next year. We've not yet decided on which lock direction to go. We'll be making minor refinements over the next year. A lock change is a major change so we want to make sure we're going in the direction that our ELUs want.

So any input would be appreciated.

sal
    sal i just got the $ together for the CF mili and your getting ready to make another sprint of it
    how am i to keep up
    and on the steel might it be the same you had a proto of of over last weekend
    butch
    Lloyd Richard Harner III most people that know me just call me Butch

L.R.Harner Knives
    If you're not going to do it right, don't do it.
    www.harnerknives.com (is work in progress)
    now also making straight razors

I think the lock has to be lefty friendly.

I think the best bet would be the new ball bearing lock. It's strong, easy to use, and ambi.

-Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Glesser
    S90V or 125V?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information