Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Schrade FAQ: Is the answer to your question here? Steel, dates, models.

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    The Tradesman set generally sells for around the $210 mark recently (+ or -) a bit of course.
    Del

You're a funny guy Codger. I know how much I am willing to pay for it, and time will tell if someone is willing to pay more. What I was curious about was how much you seasoned Schrade veterans thought it was worth.

Now that I think about it, it really doesn't matter how much it is worth. I like all those knives. I've been trying to buy the "Lumberman" for months without any luck. The set is cool, and I want one.

That said, how much do you guys think it's worth?

Thanks Del. I bid too much then... Maybe I'll win the auction!

if you don't, contact me

I recently came into possession of a schrade scrimshaw stockman with a hunting scene, a duck on one side. The tang is stamped SCHRADE U.S.A. SC505. I am wondering if anyone could tell me if the steel is 1095?

Quote Originally Posted by Upstream
    Welcome spotsva, I spent a lot of time down that way on the Rappahanic.
    I think as long as your knife has USA stamp on the blade you have the real thing, as least I'm not aware of any that didn't, but I have been wrong before.
    Rick
    Thanks for the info. Knife was delivered yesterday. It has the tang stamp with the Uncle Henry Schrade+ LB7 U.S.A. on it. It feels and looks right. Has a pin through the bolster at the hinge. Well it will get used. Glad to hear you like the Rappahannock river. Too many people are moving down here but upriver it's still not crowded. They busted the dam so fish are coming back upstream. I own some land that is in the middle of the where the Chancellorsville battle was fought. Nice place to live if you like metal detecting for civil war relics and stuff.

btw, does anyone know of a list that has average sale prices for Schrade knives? I smiled so much when I got this one I'm going to go find a couple more. Pocket knife. Fish knife. Utility knife. I haven't seen anything googling the web that has anything like that.

Prices are generally so fluid that your best bet is to watch the auctions on ebay, both current and ended listings. The prices that might be printed in a collector's guide this month may be outdated the next. I expect things will eventually level out after the WIP lots have all been sold the first time through. What those levels will be is anyoe's guess.

Codger

PS- Phil watches the market closer than I, so maybe he has better current insight into values.

post has been removed
    Last edited by hcsmike; 03-20-2006 at 04:22 PM.

What model is this?

153UH Golden Spike 1974-04.

there is a grind mark below the Schrade name. Wonder why. Were these knives of value? thanks

If a part of the stamp is ground off, it is likely a reject sold in the company store as a second, or intended to be. It is still an excellent user. Most of these were blemished, or some other hard to find problem.

I beleive that knife is on Ebay right now.Toby

Thanks, gave 20.00 at EbAY.Be honest, how did I do? Bought it Toby.

You did well. That is the price of a good user. Some collectors look for errors and seconds, giving premium prices for them. They are interesting, but still make great users. Or if in good enough condition, fill that blank spot as a "type" in your display until a mint one falls into your hands.

Looking for a 152 at a reasonable price. New condition only. Any hints?

There are some good ones on Ebay now.Check Codgers rant on 152's in the archives.Good information on what to look for.Good score on the knife.Toby

Off Subject

Being new here, I don't know where to post this question so here goes. Does anyone know about the quality and value of Anza knives?
    http://www.anzaknives.com/
    Last edited by redjohn48; 03-09-2006 at 11:25 AM.

This is off subject, but does anyone know about the quality of an Anza knife? oooooops! my bad. can't delete.
    Last edited by redjohn48; 03-09-2006 at 11:21 AM. Reason: delete

redjohn48,

You'll get a lot more play with that question in the Blade Discussion Forum in General Forums.

However, here are a couple of the ones I own.....I won't leave them here too long since they aren't Schrade related...but we always try to help the new folks...so they stick around.

Charlie Davis makes good working knives for the money, IMO.

Bill
    Last edited by El Lobo; 03-10-2006 at 08:27 AM.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information