Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Schrade FAQ: Is the answer to your question here? Steel, dates, models.

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Codger_64 View Post
    I don't think it is a fake but that the blade was stamped for a limited edition knife of the same pattern. Thunderbird?
    It looks real to me as well. The TB was throwing me off though.

I had to dig into my collection & photos to look at my Schrade Limited Edition Indian Series Thunderbird knife. The blade had to of been leftovers from the series making the LB7 a "Friday" made knife. Interesting find! I shall have to pick it up for it being an odd ball. Any idea on when the Serial# is from to date the knife?

Quote Originally Posted by GASOUTHERNBOY View Post
    I had to dig into my collection & photos to look at my Schrade Limited Edition Indian Series Thunderbird knife. The blade had to of been leftovers from the series making the LB7 a "Friday" made knife. Interesting find! I shall have to pick it up for it being an odd ball. Any idea on when the Serial# is from to date the knife?
    We've seen these LE blades on production knives before. There could be any number of explanations from repair to just using up inventory on hand. I would not think that employee theft at Schrade would be very common. Date? After the American Indian Series was introduced.
    "A knife in a mans hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a womans neck" Felix Mirando

As the great Andrew Martin once said "One is glad to be of service".

Schrade sheath knives for sale HERE

I don't think it is a fake but that the blade was stamped for a limited edition knife of the same pattern. Thunderbird?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballenxj View Post
    It looks real to me as well. The TB was throwing me off though.
    After looking at photos of my Schrade Limited Edition Indian Series Thunderbird knife. I would have to say that the LB7 is indeed a (Friday) made knife with parts used from the spare tote. Making one cool collector.

Here is proof: This is my Limited Edition Indian Series Thunderbird knife. The blade is the same as the serialized LB7 I found.

We've seen these LE blades on production knives before. There could be any number of explanations from repair to just using up inventory on hand. I would not think that employee theft at Schrade would be very common. Date? After the American Indian Series was introduced.
    I don't believe that employee theft. I think the way you do on this on. Trying to use up inventory & this is what they came up it.

Hey guys,

Looking for some info regarding this one here:

Looks to be a c. 1936-1952 tangstamp, but I've searched the catalogs to no avail. Not sure if bail was added after the fact.

Hello Anybody! I just joined the forum in search of information on my Schrade knife.
    The knife and box are labeled SC 705.

But is this a knife I should just keep?
    Last edited by knarfeng; 07-04-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye2701 View Post
    Hello Anybody! I just joined the forum in search of information on my Schrade knife.
    The knife and box are labeled SC 705.

But is this a knife I should just keep?
    Values of special edition Schrade knives remain fairly constant among collectors as currency continues to devalue. Thus if you wish to keep it for personal enjoyment of ownership, do so. The SC705 is a special edition made for K-Mart by reversing the art and pattern number of the standard SC507 circa 1983. Of course without clear photos we can't tell if yours is in factory condition with correct packaging etc., necessary for it to be of full value to most collectors. I must remind you that you cannot ask for value nor promote knives for sale here without the proper membership level though. Welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by knarfeng; 07-04-2016 at 11:30 AM.
    "A knife in a mans hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a womans neck" Felix Mirando

As the great Andrew Martin once said "One is glad to be of service".

Schrade sheath knives for sale HERE

Found this one in my archives, don't remember buying it, didn't remember I had it haha, marked Schrade Walden NY USA and 219, any info would be appreciated thank you.

Does anybody know what steel is in this + 8041 knife?

Thanks all.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread Information