Thread: I just bought one of the very last waved enduras.

I just bought one of the very last waved enduras.

ADVERTISEMENT
    According to selfdefensesupply, there are less than 15 left, and one of them is mine. I am happy. I wish I could have held off on buying one, but chances are these are going to get really expensive in the next few months, so I think I'm better off getting one right now. So I did. I had a commander a couple of years ago, and I liked it, but not enough to keep it, so I sold it. What really does it for me with the model are the reports that it is super easy to wave. Waving the commander was cool and fun, but I could never do it consistantly enough to make me think owning on was a good idea.
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Man
    I wish I could have held off on buying one, but chances are these are going to get really expensive in the next few months, so I think I'm better off getting one right now.
    You're probably going to hate me for telling you this, but there is going to be a second run of Waved Enduras, as well as Delicas, using the new 4th generation handle, sometime in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by smcfalls13
    You're probably going to hate me for telling you this, but there is going to be a second run of Waved Enduras, as well as Delicas, using the new 4th generation handle, sometime in 2006.
    Which means there will only ever be 500 of the original design waved Enduras.

I am looking forward to getting a waved Delica 4. It should be a great knife!!

David

Quote Originally Posted by 4 s ter
    Which means there will only ever be 500 of the original design waved Enduras.
    Very true. I wasn't thinking of collectibility though. Oops

Quote Originally Posted by smcfalls13
    Nah. I wonder if they're going to look the same? Same color, etc.

I heard that Benchmade dropped H1. Does anyone know why?

I found this on a website: "H1- A high-chromium stainless steel, which offers maximum corrosion resistance in both salt water and fresh water-100-percent corrosion resistant. The tradeoff in performance is good edge quality with good edge toughness, so we use it in wet environment rescue or emergency tool applications. No longer used on Benchmade products."

So I guess the question becomes, how good is it as a blade material?

Quote Originally Posted by illumination
    So I guess the question becomes, how good is it as a blade material?
    I think you're making a big assumption here, it's probably just that it's not worth selling anymore. Spyderco is a business, after all. Some really nice knives have been dropped, and they are certainly very good designs.

I have one of the waved endura's and love it. The wave is MUCH bigger than any of the emersons. Also opens beer bottles. Fastest knife i've ever played with.

I can't wait for the waved endura 4 and delica 4. I'll be buying both. I am most impressed with the spyderco emerson collaboration.

Nah. I wonder if they're going to look the same? Same color, etc.
    It's been stated that they will still be gray FRN, but I wonder if it will be the same blue/gray shade on the first run, or the flat gray on the Caly Jr.

I'd be jumping with joy happy if the waved delica came in zdp but in the end I'll probably get the zdp version and ziptie it.

Hi Walking man,

congrats on the piece. It's a very interesting concept and "fun" to practice. It was actually "squeezed in" between other projects and it came together so easily, that it just happened. Emerson knives was great to work with.

Not good to show to NKP's though. The speed, ease and reliability is intimidating to some. So "cool" is worth being.

The 4th generation waved Endura will be the same color as the original Spyderco-Emerson waved Endura. The new version is not a limited run. It also uses the New Endura 4 handle which is quite different in many ways than the previous model. VG-10 was used on both versions.

FYI, the larger "Wave" on the Endura was inspired by a forumite from SDF. That's why we kept it an SDF exclusive.

Ernest agreed to the collaboration so the model was developed.

With only 500 pieces made, the collector value in the future will probably exceed MSRP....but the knife was made to carry and use.

We've also come up with another way to add a "wave" to a knife. We discussed it with Ernest last month and we will be adding it to the Spyderco-Shivworks collaboration on the "pickle", for those that like waves.

sal

Sal, will the new waved versions be hollow ground like the first run, or have the same grind as the standard models?

So, let me get this straight. The newer waved enduras will be just like the old ones except for the handle shape, right?

So, let me get this straight. The newer waved enduras will be just like the old ones except for the handle shape, right?
    Are you wondering about the point, like me?

The model calls for saber ground blades like the FRN End/Del 4's.

sal

Are there any left for sale? Where & How Much?

Hey Halfneck...if not ebay then look up selfdefense gear dot com (the exclusive dealer)

Not sure if I can link in this forum so just google it.

Thanks.

By the way, anyone able to photoshop a new Endura handle with a Endura Wave blade on it? Just trying to get a visual of the new Waved Endura.

What's the price on the 4th generation waved endura likely to be?

ONLY 2 LEFT NOW! I hope it goes to a deserving home.
    http://www.selfdefensegear.com/Merch...tegory_Code=WN

Thread Information