Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Kershaw Knives News Thread

ADVERTISEMENT
    I know, I know, sorry bout that.

It's going to be ok though, cause we are making them extra special just for you offsetlover.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas W View Post

It's going to be ok though, cause we are making them extra special just for you offsetlover.
    well i would hope so . lol. i will be waiting. is it any wonder why we like you here on the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by diversionmary View Post
    My zt0301 just arrived in the mail and I'm curious: does the torsion bar "rattle" for anyone else? I took it all apart (beautiful and simple!) and it looks fine, but with the blade fully open it definitely rattles around in there. Do I already need new torsion bars?

Thanks!
    I never heard the rattle until you mentioned it and I shook mine. You don't need a new torsion bar, but some thin grease might deaden that rattle if you're trying to sneak up on sentries and relieve them of their post.

Wow! Don't tell me you are already going into production with one of the other exotic powdered metals you were playing with!

I was hoping to receive my G10 Offset soon, I was planning to post some pics comparing the three different models. I used to think I liked the black blade the most, but now that I've spent some time with the gray one I'm not so sure. I think that the G10 version has the potential to be my favorite.

Can't wait to see where Kershaw, Ken, Tim and your other designers take the MIM process next.

kneedeep, the G-10 Offset will have the same 440C MIM/HIP steel as the original, but we are working on the next blade geometry/pattern as well as utilizing a new blade steel.

I do have an S90V MIM/HIP'd Offset blade that is pretty sweet (yea, I know, tough job), but we are proceeding slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by aafanatic View Post
    I never heard the rattle until you mentioned it and I shook mine. You don't need a new torsion bar, but some thin grease might deaden that rattle if you're trying to sneak up on sentries and relieve them of their post.
    haha! I had the entire thing in pieces, de-greased and militec'd within a few minutes of opening the package. It isn't that I need absolute silence while mall ninja-ing, it's that I picked this folder up because it felt so solid in the store, like a fixed. With that rattle it feels less than tank-like.

Good to know I'm not the only rattler though, thanks. Lithium grease might do the trick.

Thanks Thomas, I knew that the G10 Offset would still be 440C, I just couldn't resist trying to get you to talk about some more of the prototypes you must have floating around there.

That S90V Offset must be amazing. What kind of finish does it have? Which scales?

A dark blade and light textured titanium handles would be a great next gen offset.

I am glad you are taking it slow though. From talking to Craig a while back, it sounds like a complicated process with incredible potential.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedeep View Post
    Thanks Thomas, I knew that the G10 Offset would still be 440C, I just couldn't resist trying to get you to talk about some more of the prototypes you must have floating around there.
    Oh I'm on to you all now.

That S90V Offset must be amazing. What kind of finish does it have? Which scales?
    3-D machined G-10 scales in black. The natural finish is quite light in color, the large S90V is black sharpie on the clip side of the blade takes a bit way from its overall look.

I'm up late drinking some wine, what should we talk about?

Let's talk about how bad I got beat tonight at hold em. Glad I didn't have my Spec Bump on me...

Oh I'm on to you all now.

3-D machined G-10 scales in black. The natural finish is quite light in color, the large S90V is black sharpie on the clip side of the blade takes a bit way from its overall look.
    LOL, black sharpie! I guess that all depends on how nice the handwriting is.
    I suppose it is an inexpensive alternative to the lasers. You should send it down to have the S90V lased on for later when it doesn't have to be so obvious what it is.

Hadn't thought about it before, but the steel type isn't actually in the Offset molds, you add it on with the model # later on, making it nice and easy to switch steels (if there's any life left in the molds by then).

Just curious, any chance of seeing a picture of a finished Offset blade sitting on or next to one that hasn't been hipped yet?

LOL,
    Just curious, any chance of seeing a picture of a finished Offset blade sitting on or next to one that hasn't been hipped yet?
    Well not tonight, but sure, I believe I have some blades that would show you some of the evolution of an Offset blade. It is pretty wild to see an Offset blade in its "green" state. It has the consistency of a crayon, but eventually gets transforms into a solid Offset blade.

Next week, remind me if I forget.
    Last edited by Thomas W; 04-28-2007 at 12:38 AM.

I'm up late drinking some wine, what should we talk about?
    Let's see, what to talk about...

Let's talk about Ken Onion/Kershaw collaborations! I needs me some info!!! I got a cold beer in one hand, and my newly returned JYD2 in the other. What else could a guy ask for? maybe a boron random leek...

kneedeep. my name is offsetlover. im the only one who is aloud to to drool super excessivly over the offset

thomas w. what on earth do you think will stop us from reminding you to post pics? s90v huh? GIMMIE!!! i will buy the new one coming out, but i will then start saving for this new little gem. (little being the operative word lol). so will my offset have the new steel? you said that they were being made extra special for me

lol

hope i get a new kershaw tomorow at the knife show

P.S. Didn't know you like wine Thomas. So sophisticated! Does it say MD 20/20 on the side?

Quote Originally Posted by nygiantsfan3342 View Post
    Let's see, what to talk about...

Let's talk about Ken Onion/Kershaw collaborations! I needs me some info!!!
    Let's see...We are doing the Tirade, possibly a Taboo 2, hmmm....oh the Melee as well. I can't get into spec's as they are yet to be determined, but we will debut them all in June at the Blade show. I do know there will be titanium and exotic steel involved.

Quote Originally Posted by nygiantsfan3342 View Post
    P.S. Didn't know you like wine Thomas. So sophisticated! Does it say MD 20/20 on the side?
    Actually I opened a 2003 Jordan tonight...long week, I felt I deserved it.

Let's see...We are doing the Tirade, possibly a Taboo 2, hmmm....oh the Melee as well. I can't get into spec's as they are yet to be determined, but we will debut them all in June at the Blade show. I do know there will be titanium and exotic steel involved.

a taboo!! im happy now really happy! melee is cool too. we need pics of anything regarding them

That would be great Thomas, looking forward to seeing a "green" blade.

I think it would definitely help people get a better understanding of how much goes into the Offsets.

Ken Onion/Kershaw collaborations would be a good subject. After the way the MIM Offsets have turned out, Ken must be pretty excited about the process. I expect he's got to be working on an incredible follow up to really push the envelope of the technology.

Quote Originally Posted by offsetlover View Post
    so will my offset have the new steel? you said that they were being made extra special for me
    Sure, I'll get my sharpie to say any steel you want it to be.

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread Information