Thread: Knife Templates

Knife Templates

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hello all. As this knife obsession slowly spirals out of control, I have now decided to have a go at making my own knife. Im looking for some knife templates that can be downloaded & printed out showing sizes,blade styles & specs etc & then used as a scaled template. I have searched the net but can't find anything.
    Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

Cheers.

bas.

I doubt if you will have much luck, as most makers don't make templates and post them for the world to use.Besides, it's just a wrong way to start. My advice is to look at as many knives as you can , get a pad of paper and a pencil and sketch some up originals. It's really not that hard.Good luck.Dave

http://www.knivesby.com/Anderson1.html

http://www.knivesby.com/Kit-Carsons-pictures.html

But I agree with DC--come up with something of your own.

Sorry to bring up an old Post,but I was just thinking "Wonder how many Knife Makers have copied the Loveless Design"???

Frank from Bama

Get you a French curve, a straight edge, and a protractor - and go to town! I would think that one of the most satisfying aspects of making your own knives would be in coming up with a blade design of your own, no?

Quote Originally Posted by bas View Post
    Hello all. As this knife obsession slowly spirals out of control, I have now decided to have a go at making my own knife. Im looking for some knife templates that can be downloaded & printed out showing sizes,blade styles & specs etc & then used as a scaled template. I have searched the net but can't find anything.
    Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

Cheers.

bas.

www.jayfisher.com

Thread Information