Thread: Cool Bowie Type Knife In Legends Of The Fall Movie? Anyone Know Anything About It?

Cool Bowie Type Knife In Legends Of The Fall Movie? Anyone Know Anything About It?

ADVERTISEMENT
    I really really like the bowie type knife TRISTAN (BRAD PITTS CHARACTER) carried in the movie LEGENDS OF THE FALL. It had some kind of white handle.
    Who made that knife? Where can I get one like it? I would be grateful for any info. on this knife.

That's been asked a bunch of times and so far noone has ever found out.

There is a custom maker named George S. Sweeney that makes an almost exact replica, but he did not make the one in the film.

http://www.bladesmith.com/legends.htm

Isn't the handle some sort of forked piece of antler?

Quote Originally Posted by Foilist View Post
    Isn't the handle some sort of forked piece of antler?
    Yep, here is a picture of Sweeney's replica, I give him credit, he's pretty darn close!

I believe it was Brian Lyttle who made the knife but I can't find any pics of it

Daniel Winkler

Sorry for the ridiculously huge bump, but if my memory serves correctly the Tristan knife was made by Daniel Winkler. I can't find the magazine at the moment, but I did have an article from Blade magazine that stated that Winkler made the knife for Pitt's character in Legend's of the Fall. It also goes on to say that Pitt purchased a knife for each of the actor's/actresses involved in Legends of the Fall.

Hopefully, I'll be able to find the article before too long and get some scans/photos of the article.

Great site by the way!

Thread Information