Thread: Found A Kershaw Starkey Ridge 1410

Found A Kershaw Starkey Ridge 1410

ADVERTISEMENT
    I got my hands on a Kershaw Starkey Ridge model 1410 PE. Great knife. I guess they haven't made these for some time but I think Kershaw should consider re-releasing this model. This particular model has the titanium handle, ATS34 blade and has a linerlock which locks solidly. This is the small version as I've seen elsewhere where there was an XXL version made as well. If I could find one of those I would definitely pick it up. This one the handle could be about 1/2 inch longer but I'm happy with it anyway. The one thing that bugs me is that the thumbstud is an Allen head screw. Kind of makes this knife look a little "rough". Think I'll see if I can find an aftermarket thumbstud to "doll it up" a bit. The thumbstud works perfectly and is one of the smoothest opening folders I've seen. This will make an excellent EDC. The right size and weight and the price was right. If anyone is interested, the place that I bought it from stills shows that they have at least one of these left. When I get a chance I'll take some pics and post them.

Blog Entries
    Good strong knife, great construction. I have the Talon, sort of the hawksbill cousin to the Starkey Ridge. Who did you buy it from?

The Starkey Ridge is one of my all time favorite Kershaws. Tell me more about this larger version of the 1410. I don't think I've ever seen one.

Remember all the hoopla about the Kershaw G10 & Ti-Talon that the guys over on the old version of the SD Forums created? At one time, those little jewels were selling on Ebay in excess of $200. I managed to buy exactly one Ti-Talon some time ago, but managed to stash a couple of the Starkey's away at reasonable prices for later duty .. Great knife.

Razz

I got mine from soonerstateknives.com. I asked how many they have left because they still show it on their site. I just now got an email stating they are out but should have another one in within the next few days.

The 1410 is the Starkey Ridge. The 1416 is the XXL Starkey Ridge. They are exactly the same, except for size. The XXL has a 3 7/8" blade.

i found a starkey ridge nib at a local gun shop for 35.00 about 6 months ago.its a lot of knife for that price,for sure! i wasnt too crazy about the single lug, & im left handed. i went to knifekits.com & got some nice double thumb studs.i had to open the hole a little with a moto tool,& the hard ats-34 burned up the bit, but it looks so much better. i had one of the xxl models years ago, it was cool, but at the time there were no aftermarket studs being offered.i too would buy it again now that i can get the nicer studs for them.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    i found a starkey ridge nib at a local gun shop for 35.00 about 6 months ago.its a lot of knife for that price,for sure! i wasnt too crazy about the single lug, & im left handed. i went to knifekits.com & got some nice double thumb studs.i had to open the hole a little with a moto tool,& the hard ats-34 burned up the bit, but it looks so much better. i had one of the xxl models years ago, it was cool, but at the time there were no aftermarket studs being offered.i too would buy it again now that i can get the nicer studs for them.....
    I'm left-handed. I just unscrewed the thumbstud and screwed it in the other side of the blade. I usually use the serrations at the heel end of the blade.

Pkd, you might try www.knifekits.com for some thumbstuds.

i reversed the stud,too, but hated the way it looked. needed those doubles!

I got the big G-10 handle Starkey its got the 4" blade, doesn't flip out as fast with the thumb ramp as the little one but fast enough, ATS-34 blade looks sorta burnt in places as I think the blade was laser cut? Its a nice solid knife my Dad bought it some years ago for about 75. Now its mine along with a lot of other knives he bought long ago that aren't in production. I'm so lucky!

Yes, I found a couple of online sites that sell fancy hardware, i.e., thumbstuds and upgraded screws and spacers, etc. knifekits.com, jantz and midwesternknifemakers have some stuff. Has anyone "embellished" their production knives on their own?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pkdmslf View Post
    Has anyone "embellished" their production knives on their own?
    Check out our forum The Toolshed: Knife Care, Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment Your how-to area for discussion on sharpeners, rust prevention, alteration & more.

Resurrection time !!

I scored a Starkey Ridge today at a local shop that has the best selection of knives I've seen in my area yet.

Was going for A ZT model but saw the 1415 and was instantly interested.

I had not previously known of this Kershaw model ,after doing some research it seems there is both the Ti model and the larger model , previously mentioned.

Mine is the G10 , I guess the 'lessor' of the Ridge models but it sure is not less of a knife !

First impressions ?

Very solid , razor sharp OOTB.
    I like how the blade has both belly and point , I love aknife with a good ,pointy tip. ATS34 steel of course.
    Lockup is rock solid and action is slicker than an oilslick.
    Not too sure why folks poopoo'd the thumbstud since it can be easily flicked or opened with the jimping on top. I like the way the thumbstud looks , personally.

The price was pretty high compared to how much I've seen them go for in older threads ( $99.00 for me ) but since it is long out of production and made of great materials I'm not going to balk , the store gots to make their dime too.

I also like how the G10 is somewhat subdued , not a pocket destroyer , overall and excellent knife I would recommend if someone spotted one on the Bay or somewhere.

I also scored a Groove and a blade uncoated Scallion , my second Scallion.

Getting to really love Kershaw's knives more and more !!

Rebeltf- how do you like the groove?

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    Rebeltf- how do you like the groove?

I like it a lot except the scales , I wish they were full handle size instead of all curvy. and the lock needs some TLC to my expectations.
    Other than that , I love the flipper feature , and the blade shape.

I'm planning on modding it though as soon as I buy some G10.

Starkey Ridge at the top along with a few other Ti goodies.

Woops, sorry, I don't have this posting images thing down yet.

Blog Entries
    Rusty,

You will find instructions on posting pictures here: READ THIS FIRST! How to ask questions that get answered.

* Also, how to use a scanner - http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=505982
    * Idiot-proof Guide On How To Post Pictures - http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=371650
    * Photobucket - http://photobucket.com

Thread Information