Thread: Revolver H, finally! (pictures)

Revolver H, finally! (pictures)

ADVERTISEMENT
    So, after about two weeks wait (out of stalk) My Hunter revolver finally came in the mail today.
    I've got to be honest, Its not what I expected, but I like it more
    It's a little bit smaller than I thought, and I find the saw hard to close with out having to push in on the teeth, But the "revolving" its self is smooth as smooth can be.
    The sheath is a little tuff, new leather and all, so its going to need some breaking in. But it fits snugly, and really isn't that bad. Its shaving out of the box, and the hook I havnt tried yet, but will tomorow.
    Also tomorow, i'm going to try out the saw and the blade, well im going to do a full work out.
    So, here are the Pics.

Now beside a mora.

Then with the normal

PS. Sorry for the bad pics, I wanted natural light for the shots, and there is some spec above the v in revolver, but its late here, and the camera more less made its own light, so please forgive me

Fonly, congrads !

Try this.........ALWAYS keep button fully depressed until blade (either side) is fully "tucked" into handles........then release button.

If you have trouble getting saw all the way into handles......simply reach out to end of blade at the gut hook and pull up a bit until saw is in, then release button.

I always pivot slowly all the way around until my blade is secure and locked into handles. Once you practice a bit it will become second nature I'm certain.

Another tip, when you saw, steady even strokes work best, and let the saw work, don't push down too hard or the needle sharp teeth will just embed themselves deeper into the wood making the saw harder to move through the slot............even and steady, you'll be surprised.

You now have a straight knife that can do almost anything that other 5 inch blades can do.........except your knife can saw poles for shelters or firewood, make precise traps or anything else you might need to saw around the camp up to about 5 inches.

Most people tell me they never think about the hidden saw until they need a saw.

Robbie Roberson
    Last edited by Robbie Roberson; 03-24-2007 at 12:00 AM.

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed, how well they fit together. And the pin was alot stronger than I thought it would be.

Thank you for a VERY nice knife, I think the next sog is going to have to be a Tigershark

Nice Knife Fonly, Cant wait to se it in action, I Hear that the Guthook is a good limb remover for small branches.

In the cypress swamps of the great peninsula, USA
    What bad pic's?.. Your photographs are great IMO. Thanks for the demo thus far.

No pics of the saw?

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Ryan View Post
    No pics of the saw?
    Yes, I also would like to see the saw

Good stuff Fonly. But doesn't that gut hook bug you a bit? I suppose a guy could use it to pull back on small branches to clear/prune them off.

As a guy that grew up (allegedly ) with James Bond gadgets I really appreciate items that have multiple uses. I would also like to see the saw blade. (You DID know there was a saw blade there too, didn't you Fonly? )

I have been skeptical of gut hooks in the past but had the opportunity to use one to unzip an elk this last fall and found it very helpful.

Just an observation - For a "hunting" knife, the blade doesn't have a great deal of belly. This may be necessary to revolve into the handle or it may be an intentional tradeoff to accommodate othe uses. The designer posts here from time to time and it would be interesting to find out.

-- FLIX

FLIX, nice web site you have ! The blade belly works very well with the straight flat grind blade. Your reasoning is right on..........

I think you can tell by these pics on this review below by a BladeForums member "Socintel"............it has a very capable saw,

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...t=sog+revolver

Robbie Roberson

P.S. Fonly, I thought your pics were great ! Wish I could do that good.

Hi Robbie,

Thanks for your kind words and for replying here and for reposting that review. I had read it before as well as the story of how the idea came to you - Inspiring!

It looks like I'll have to see about adding one of these to my pack. Of course, I'll have to find a suitable caper to pair with it. Maybe Eric will be able to put together a pony sheath!!!

-- FLIX

Sorry to duplicate links, I never know who sees which....

Thank you.

Robbie Roberson

That saw looks pretty good! Might have to copy you fonly, where did you pick yours up?

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    Good stuff Fonly. But doesn't that gut hook bug you a bit? I suppose a guy could use it to pull back on small branches to clear/prune them off.
    It does a bit, but I'll find something to use it for. I use a buck 192 for hunting, and love that little thing. This knife is only for my "other" cutting needs

Fonly, your recent reviews and great pics of the Hunter Revolver just made the "SOG Blog"........congrads !

http://sogknives.com/wordpress/

Robbie Roberson

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Roberson View Post
    Fonly, your recent reviews and great pics of the Hunter Revolver just made the "SOG Blog"........congrads !

http://sogknives.com/wordpress/

Robbie Roberson

That is one of the coolest things I have seen, well ever!. Thank you so much, do you know who I can e-mail to thank for this, how cool.

Fonly, I am guessing it was Chris at SOG. (marketing director)

I just found it on the Blog.

I will do some checking and get back to you.

I think it's cool too !

Robbie Roberson
    Last edited by Robbie Roberson; 03-30-2007 at 12:26 PM.

Yep it was me. I like to troll around and find things that I think SOG people might be interested in and your review was quite informative.

Thanks
    Chris

Thread Information