Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian kukri Guy steals HI photos?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Peace to all forumites
    If (and it is REALY BIG 'if' ) there are any "unclean spirits" residing in H.I. blades I figure I would have noticed them by now!Perhaps they decamp swiftly ,or simply curl up and die ,when they arrive in this God fearing household,(yawns)
    I say again, PEACE !!!
    yours et.c
    Nigel

If the fellow just wrote his own stuff theres not much I could say,{other than lying biggot.} but as he preaches his interpritation of the "word of the lord" regarding HI kukris to show his goodness, while stealing text, pix , & regurgitating lies about the Gurkhas/Falklands etc,etc. he just just becomes a lowlife hypochite in my book who cant even follow 10 commandments never mind interpret the rest of the bible that he pays lip service to.

Spiral

Well, I'm very glad I didn't see this first. I'dda done a classic Andy first reaction in fine Cajun form, called this guy something unspeakable and got a well earned infraction, or maybe worse.

Somehow when I read what Tom writes it always brings me peace. (Tom, very few men have affected me in such a way, and I appreciate it more than you know.)

I will say one thing. That looney thieving moron has some really crappy knives doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    So what? Your sophistic generalizations based solely on your personal experiences are false.

Just because someone is a nutjob fundamentalist who believes his kukri is possessed, and who also happens to believe in Christ, doesn't make everyone who believes in Christ a nutjob fundamentalist who believes their HI's are "Of de Debil!" (In my best Louisiana Waterboy accent. )

"Paul is a man. Paul has a beard. Therefore all men have beards."

This logic error on your part should be self-evident. Sorry about your sister-in-law...
    And WHERE exactly did I make a blanket statement including ALL christians?

Please point that out. All I said was I wanted nothing to do with christianity, citing the owner of that website as an example.

To quote myself, on post #7 of this thread:
    No... not all christians are wacko.
    If someone doesn't want anything to with my beliefs, I couldn't possibly care less. It seems to be a very touchy nerve with some people when I mention I have no interest in their religion. Why is that?

It is starting to appear to me that what's really going on here is 'someone' is trying to troll me off the forum for some reason.
    Last edited by Wolf_1989; 05-21-2007 at 04:07 PM.

...looney thieving moron...
    See...it not only says it all, but is entertaining at the same time.

*Good* job Andy!

Osiyo Wolf...I think that your general comment about the subject may have rubbed some individuals the wrong way. I know words often don't quite carry that way they are intended.

Perhaps it's time to lock this thread...but as always, I will let all of you good folk decide in a good and gentle way.

You know, one of the selling points of the HI line for me is that they are blessed. I was born and raised a Seventh-day Adventist (sorry if I bothered you as a kid on one of their "canvasses"). I am no longer SDA but I respect religion and its place.

Anyway, to the point the website owner makes about the cost. It's not about the cost but the value they are and the knowledge that by buying that HI product, I am having a positive impact on the system and the kami's. Perhaps this is best evidenced by the recent raffle Steve held for a kami's son to go to school.

I am sadly bemused by this fellow but his website falls on deaf eyes. I buy my HI products for their value, their quality, their blessing and the karma.

We can be touchy about things that are very important to us. I am more set off by the mis representation of my religion, than by critcisms of it.

Sometimes threads would be locked after it was thought that most folks who wanted to had had a chance to comment, and that several views from many viewpoints had been represented well.

I would not disagree if it was felt that such a point has been reached on this thread.

Take care,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    Osiyo Wolf...I think that your general comment about the subject may have rubbed some individuals the wrong way. I know words often don't quite carry that way they are intended.

Perhaps it's time to lock this thread...but as always, I will let all of you good folk decide in a good and gentle way.
    Nasty what I don't understand is why what I said started a flame war in here?

I didn't call anyone any derogatory names. I didn't make any remarks about anyone's family... or even them. A couple forumites got up in arms about me so instead of firing back insults, I tried to be diplomatic and explain my position... even though they threw some flames my way.

That's why I'm saying somethin' looks a lil' suspicious here.

Quote Originally Posted by moblues View Post
    You know, one of the selling points of the HI line for me is that they are blessed. I was born and raised a Seventh-day Adventist (sorry if I bothered you as a kid on one of their "canvasses"). I am no longer SDA but I respect religion and its place.

Anyway, to the point the website owner makes about the cost. It's not about the cost but the value they are and the knowledge that by buying that HI product, I am having a positive impact on the system and the kami's. Perhaps this is best evidenced by the recent raffle Steve held for a kami's son to go to school.

I am sadly bemused by this fellow but his website falls on deaf eyes. I buy my HI products for their value, their quality, their blessing and the karma.
    This will probably set off another grenade, but here goes...

Yes there are other "more affordable" Khuks on the market, but do they have the same warranty as H.I.?

That's one of the big things that attracted me to H.I.'s blades: if I ever break one, it gets repaired or replaced.

*ducking*

Goodbye Four Corners, Hello Plymouth Rock
    This guy recognizes that khuks make good field knives, so he must be only half crazy.

Someone made a good point that we don't deride the kamis for the magic they put in the blades. If there's magic there, presumably it would rub some people the wrong way. I'll respect his opinion, without having to agree with it. The actual offense - using HI pics and info - has nothing to do with religion or Christianity. It could be laziness, ignorance, or actual malice, but all of these are possible for christians, muslims, wiccans, atheists, sikhs, etc. etc. etc.

Regarding the sub-thread about Wolf's comment, I read it as a personal choice. He's had bad experiences with christians in the past, so wants nothing personally to do with Christianity. He didn't go off on some "crazy nutjob" tirade damning all Christians. Maybe I'm reading wrong, which is easy to do on the internet. Anyway, it's dangerous to characterize people with such a broad brush - every religion I've encountered thus far has useful kernels of wisdom, but also people I wouldn't want to associate with under any circumstances. There are christians on this forum who find this khuk guy distasteful. I've met ndns who couldn't stand certain medicine people. I imagine a huge number of muslims abhor jihadists. If your religion gets big enough, some people are going to miss the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohatchi NM View Post
    Regarding the sub-thread about Wolf's comment, I read it as a personal choice. He's had bad experiences with christians in the past, so wants nothing personally to do with Christianity. He didn't go off on some "crazy nutjob" tirade damning all Christians. Maybe I'm reading wrong, which is easy to do on the internet.
    You have read it absolutely correct.

Goodbye Four Corners, Hello Plymouth Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_1989 View Post
    This will probably set off another grenade, but here goes...
    No, you don't. I'm already juggling that grenade in the Himalayan Imports Forum. You don't get to steal my boom. You did forget to mention that, in addition to the warranty, each HI khuk comes with a guaranteed case of HIKV and a bunch of curmudgeonly Cantinistas to help you get maximum performance!!!

No, you don't. I'm already juggling that grenade in the Himalayan Imports Forum. You don't get to steal my boom. You did forget to mention that, in addition to the warranty, each HI khuk comes with a guaranteed case of HIKV and a bunch of curmudgeonly Cantinistas to help you get maximum performance!!!
    And they take an impressively sharp edge should you require one.

Thanks for the chuckle. I really needed it.

...The actual offense - using HI pics and info - has nothing to do with religion or Christianity....
    Respectfully, I disagree...in fact it is his hypocrisy regarding Christianity that drew my attention. He proclaims all of the demon nonsense and offers ways to purge them, but to further his own position (whatever that might be) embraces the acts of theft, deceit and slovenliness.

Respectfully, I disagree...in fact it is his hypocrisy regarding Christianity that drew my attention. He proclaims all of the demon nonsense and offers ways to purge them, but to further his own position (whatever that might be) embraces the acts of theft, deceit and slovenliness.
    You took the woords out of my mouth.

You say it smoother though.

Spiral

What Nasty said as well as speaking out of turn about Native American beliefs such as..."My ancestors, at least some of them, were Native American. I know something of what I speak. Many of their items and practices had spiritual attachments not "of the Lord."
    It may be because of that, or some other reason, I am particularly sensitive to such matters."
    Who is to say that we ndns have items and practices not, "of the Lord."? Seems to me that everyone does because everyone has their lives divided into compartments with their beliefs and spirituality being just one of those compartments except for the traditional American Indian. With us traditional folk spirituality pervades into our whole lives even though like we are everyone else in that we sometimes let our emotions get the better of us and we do and say things we regret, just like everyone else.
    It's too bad people such as the fellow we're talking about have a place such as the Internet to broadcast his message in such a manner as he gives all the good Christians a bad name with what he says and then does.

The guy isn't just ripping off HI either... I saw some photos and articles lifted from Outdoors Magazine too on the warning page.

I'm reminded of the time I discovered a "Glossary of Synthesis Terminologies" I wrote for Nightwaves years ago reproduced on some guy's site. He left my name on the article and everything, but just sort of copied it to his own site. I wasn't really mad about it, but it DID seem a little odd that he would do that instead of link to my web page where the article was first published online.

As per the whole demonological ramifications of owning a khukuri, if someone is that phobic about the beliefs of another culture, why even bother purchasing tools and artifacts from said culture? That's like a neo-nazi skinhead ordering chinese food and then taking various steps to be sure it wasn't prepared by actual Chinese people. (scratches head)

I may not share the beliefs of the kamis, but I greatly admire the fruits of their labours!
    Last edited by C.S. Graves; 05-21-2007 at 06:19 PM.

you're all going to Hay-ull!

(now what khukuri do you take to the underworld, if you could only take one?)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyinJapan View Post
    you're all going to Hay-ull!

(now what khukuri do you take to the underworld, if you could only take one?)
    Say what?

None of them!

All that heat and and fire and brimstone would damage the handles!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information