Thread: Spyderco Lava dolled up a bit for grip

Spyderco Lava dolled up a bit for grip

ADVERTISEMENT
    Got this one in this morning. One side of this one was pretty much, well, a mess. Sanded and sanded by hand til I got that cleaned up some but certainly not as good as I had hoped with those deep scars and then since the request was to roughen up the handle for better grip I decided that besides just bead blast it I'd give it some physical retention points in the way of some grooving. Works well and certainly stays put in the hand when extracting the knife from the pocket now.

Resharpend up at this point and ready for the return home. Hope you like what I've done Tom. I know I do.

Also requested was to enlarge the opening hole. Unfortunately I have no way of doing that request though. Sorry my friend. Hopefully the added grip from the mildly textured bead blasted handle slabs will help more than doing that hole enlargement by itself would.

STR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    STR's Blog

I make no apologies for being unable to maintain a monogamous relationship with a folding knife!

That lava looks nice! I like it. Good Job!!!

Thanks. I thought so. Never heard back from you on that purple passion BM I did the clip on. I guess you got it and like it ok??

Hope so.

Let me know.

Thanks again.

STR
    STR's Blog

I make no apologies for being unable to maintain a monogamous relationship with a folding knife!

You mean this?

I love it!!!

Your work is top notch!

Now thats what I like to hear! I bought one of those in the bigger model in Camo handles after seeing so many lately.

Good show, and nice pic too.

STR
    STR's Blog

Thread Information