How to not get banned from BladeForums.com - Quick and dirty rules.
This site's been open since late 1998, so we've seen quite a range of behaviors here... but by and large our membership has been self policing and well behaved. We'd like to keep it that way, as such, here are some helpful guidelines on how you should act while you are here. This isn't the complete list, so be sure to read the FAQ thoroughly - ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the rules.
First & foremost, remember the golden rule: Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself, in other words, BE NICE. When you are polite to people, they will tend to be polite back to you.
- Make your posts count. Don't post LOL or OMG or something stupid. We've got a ton of members and posts like these don't add anything.
- Don't register gimmick or troll accounts. If you are found out to have one, expect to be permabanned.
- Keep the flamewars to the Pirate's Cove or W&C. Conversely, if you don't want to be offended or insulted, stay out of there.
- RESPECT THE MODERATOR STAFF. It's a thankless job and they make my life a lot easier. Piss them off, and you can find yourself gone.
- Don't do something illegal, or post about illegal activities. That means no threads about importing switchblades & balisongs to Canada, buying ballistic knives, or similar. No posting of warez, kiddie porn, or CC fraud.
- No deal spotting, spam, or other similar behavior. Seriously, show respect for the people who help keep this place open.
- Don't leech images. There are plenty of free image hosts all over the web, use them if you don't have your own bandwidth.
- Keep images work safe in the general forums. No one wants to see Goatse at work. If you see something disgusting in Pirate's Cove though, maybe you shouldn't be surfing there from the office.
- Don't break the tables or image spam. Duh.
- Don't use your sig space maliciously. We don't want you advertising your website there if you haven't paid to help keep this site open.
- Don't post non-work safe avatars
Trading Forums / Membership Subscription Rules:
- No account sharing. That means don't post items for sale for someone else, don't host images for someone else. Memberships here aren't expensive folks.
- Don't get caught being a dealer when you have a Gold membership You are only hurting the community you are trying to take advantage of.
- Don't post items in the trade forum, then offer sale prices through emails. Seriously, don't. We keep the trade forums open to non-paying members as a courtesy.
- All feedback goes in "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" forum. Period. Don't bring it to other threads or other forums on this site.
Check each forum for Forum specific rules, if there are any. If you aren't sure how to act, lurk before posting.
The FAQ link above contains a list of the rules for the site, as well as infractions and bannings
Part II: So you got banned...
We tend to be a very tolerant bunch here. If you get banned it's because you violated our terms of service. As such, you are not entitled to any refund of membership fees, unbanning, review, or warnings. By becoming a member of BFC, you accepted these terms when you joined so you have no room to complain if it happens.
Should we choose to put you on probation or give you a warning, it's because we're feeling very generous... so pay heed to that warning.
Otherwise, take it like a man and leave. You had to cross the line to get banned in the first place, acting like an ass isn't going to win you any points or make us feel more inclined to let you back.