Thread: Leatherman k503x Review

Leatherman k503x Review

ADVERTISEMENT
    So if you saw my thread a few days ago about how I purchased the Leatherman k503x, here is my review of it since I got it in the mail today. I havent had that much time to use it but so far I give it 2 thumbs up.

Out of the box it was a little bigger and heavier than I had anticipated. The leather sheath that it came in feels cheap and it is a little big for the knife. This is not a problem for me though because I never planned on using it and a nylon sheath or aftermarket one is cheap.

In my hand the knife feels really sturdy. Even though it is a little heavier than I would like it to be, it is nice because it gives more control when actually using it. The rubber grip is a very nice feature. It gives an excellent grip and it makes the knife very comfortable to hold.

Since it is the 503, it has half serrated and half straight blade. The blade feels very sturdy and it came very sharp out of the box. The thumbstud works nicely and makes it very easy to open.

The slide out carabiner is a very nice feature to the knife. Not only does it enable you to clip it to anything but it also acts as a bottle opener (it works very nicely, I already tried it).

The screwdriver feature of this knife is very nice. It is very easy to switch between bits and the storage of the extra bits is secure so you don't loose them.

Overall it is a very nice knife and it was worth the money. It is feature rich with out having useless tools. It has just what you need and nothing you don't.

I purchased the knife new off eBay for $66.45 with shipping.

2. Nice review! Thanks! I didn't realize its size--about the same length as Surge and about the same weight as the Blast. Do you use the pocket clip or is it too big for pocket carry?

http://www.leatherman.com/products/k...3x/default.asp

Quote Originally Posted by supratentorial View Post
    Nice review! Thanks! I didn't realize its size--about the same length as Surge and about the same weight as the Blast. Do you use the pocket clip or is it too big for pocket carry?

http://www.leatherman.com/products/k...3x/default.asp
    i use the pocket clip. it is not too big to pocket carry however it is a little uncomfortable if you are sitting. so i found it is unnoticeable if i clip it to my waistline instead.

Thread Information