Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buck 110 Alaskan Guide

Buck 110 Alaskan Guide

ADVERTISEMENT
    I just received my 110 Alaskan Guide from Cabelas and all I can say is wow!
    For $73 including tax and shipping this might the best bargain 110 on the market right now. The S30V steel is razor sharp and second to none in manufacturing quality. Add the Titanium Aluminum Nitride coating which is beautiful as well as protective and the rosewood scales and what you get is a very high quality knife in every way.

I love it more then my Custom Shop folder. This version of the Buck 110 is a classic and one the begs to be used. If you can bring yourself to do it.

Hi Frangouch,

Welcome to the Buck forum!!! I am also a fan of the AG 110 and carry one as my EDC. I think you should get another one...one to use and one to save as a closet queen .

jb4570

Frangouch - couldn't agree more. It's a pity they are only available through Cabelas rather than as a regular Buck offering.

Are they still available through cabelas?

Yes, they are still available.
    After I got my first one, I too decided it was too beautiful to use. So I got another...actually, I won the second one that ended up as the display knife and used the first one. Great EDC.

Also have the 110AG Sambar from Cabela's too...but that was a gift from Mrs. Goose from last Jesus' Birthday and I have been too busy going broke getting other Bucks to afford getting a EDC of that one. It's the bomb!!!

That stag sits in the display case of honor for my favorite 110 knives in the second spot...right below the 110 Chipflint Buff inlay from my Brother Five-0 Mike.

Third spot is the 110AG Rosewood. Fourth is the 110NS BG-42 elk with brass pins and fifth slot is the 110NS BG-42 with brass blade-pivot pin.

I think the fourth and fifth were done on a Friday by a Buck employee that had a liquid lunch but I really like 'em as they are unique (at least to me).

ANYWAY, sorry for driftin' off course. Point is, get a 110AG. Best deal around.
    Last edited by Buckaholic; 11-12-2007 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks, I think I will get one.... Buckaholic, you have some really Nice 110's....

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTooEarly View Post
    Thanks, I think I will get one....
    Better get 2 right away

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTooEarly View Post
    Buckaholic, you have some really Nice 110's....
    Thats an understatement!!!! GORGEOUS 110's!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes i have one with nickel stag and it is one of my fav's!
    oh yes btw wh4f i will be near dallas dec 12... email me for details

I have 2 of the stag AG. One my wife bought me for Christmas, that I carry. The other is on display.

The AG Buck 110 is one of my favorite knives ever!

I may be in the minority here, but if it didn't have the darn black blade I'd probably own two already myself. Some may like it but I don't at all. It just looks wrong on an otherwise beautiful brass and wood 110.

Cabela's Fan

I am a Cabela's fan, as well as a Buck-nut, and I also carry a AG 110. If you're not real familiar with Cabela's, I'll let you know that I carry a Cabela's Visa card, use it for fuel, groceries, etc., etc., and build up those Cabela's Bucks. It only took me a couple of months to build up enough Bucks to get my AG 110 "Free". That's not the only Buck I've gotten that way. Just something to think about. I know credit cards mean different things to different people.

Oh, and "HAPPY VETERANS DAY" to any fellow vet's out there who might read this!!

Jack (USAF, 1966-1970)

Here are mine.

Talking me too! me too !

well, i cant help it - i jest gots to put a pict of mine up here too!
    its the stag finger grove in the Nickel frame that i found...
    and i likes the logo so it will stay on it,,,
    (its the one on the bottom)

Yup, I EDC the AG most of the time and I paid for it mostly with Cabela's credit card points earned by using the Cabela's card for groceries, gas......almost everything I normally buy.

Good system. You can also use those points in conjunction with the "spend $100, get $30 off" promotions that they have once in a while and save even more.

And thanks, Rudderjt.

Navy 1965-1969 and Air National Guard 1984-2002. Retired MSgt.

Same best wishes to you and the other vets.

allenC,
    Do you mind if I use your Cabelas AG picture in a for sale thread?
    Frank W.
    BCCI Lifetime #1660

"Going to the ocean and not scuba diving is like going to the circus and staring at the outside of the tent"

334Dave, I agree. I really do like the logo also. I know alot of folks dont, but I do. I heard somewhere that it hinders performance. But as sharp as these knives are how much can it realy hurt cutting ability. After all its a knife. I love them. One is for show and one is edc.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but if it didn't have the darn black blade I'd probably own two already myself. Some may like it but I don't at all. It just looks wrong on an otherwise beautiful brass and wood 110.
    I felt the same way Blue Sky until I saw some in person (I got the sister Bass Pro version). The blade coating looks more like a fine gun blue rather than black. It looks very classy in my opinion.

I have been looking at these very hard...I love the 110 design, and the Cabela's AG is a beauty...but I'm not sold on that cheesy label on the blade...is it a screen print, etching, etc? And can it be removed without damaging the blade?

The Cabela's logo is the only thing holding be back from ordering one.

Thanks......

SPX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information