Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Zt

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,222

    Zt


    ADVERTISEMENT
    welllllllllllll folks, today in the mail i got a lil package from a Mr. joejewler. In side was my current #2 fav knife, a ZT0200

    this thing is built like a tank. heavy, stout, fairly sharp (Lahar is FAR sharper, but then again the ZT is built for a dif reason). im still deciding wether to make it a user or a safe queen (well safe the random things i want to either stab or slice ), or just plain beat the crap outta it.

    prolly wont do the last one. im planning on the Navy, so this will be a knife i want to take with me.

    THANK YOU JOE!!!!!!!

    now for a ZT0301!!!!!!!!

    i will post pics tomorow. got some studyin to do for my last final tomorow

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    not where I'm supposed to be
    Posts
    10,795
    OL, this is great to hear...I've got one coming in the next day or so...I can't wait!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Hoquiam, WA USA
    Posts
    20,136
    Quote Originally Posted by offsetlover View Post
    welllllllllllll folks, today in the mail i got a lil package from a Mr. joejewler. In side was my current #2 fav knife, a ZT0200

    this thing is built like a tank. heavy, stout, fairly sharp (Lahar is FAR sharper, but then again the ZT is built for a dif reason). im still deciding wether to make it a user or a safe queen (well safe the random things i want to either stab or slice ), or just plain beat the crap outta it.

    prolly wont do the last one. im planning on the Navy, so this will be a knife i want to take with me.

    THANK YOU JOE!!!!!!!

    now for a ZT0301!!!!!!!!
    i will post pics tomorow. got some studyin to do for my last final tomorow
    I'm pleased to see that you received your ZT 0200 from Joe already...Quite a folder, 'eh?...

    BTW...Best of luck with your final(s). It's also finals week up at the college that I work at..
    "Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    ---US Marine Corps

    Dann Fassnacht
    Hoquiam, WA
    glockman99@hotmail.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by SPXTrader View Post
    OL, this is great to hear...I've got one coming in the next day or so...I can't wait!
    you should get it tomorow prolly.

    Quote Originally Posted by glockman99 View Post
    I'm pleased to see that you received your ZT 0200 from Joe already...Quite a folder, 'eh?...

    BTW...Best of luck with your final(s). It's also finals week up at the college that I work at..
    thanks glock. tomorow is my last final for the semester. working on maps now lol. yes it is quite a knife. HUGE dif in style from Baby's blade.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SWMO
    Posts
    402
    Congrats Offset !
    So how does it compare to a JYDII ?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    not where I'm supposed to be
    Posts
    10,795
    OL, are you OTC or ROTC? The reason I ask is that my S-I-L is upping the Navy..He leaves in January for some place in Michigan or Illinois, can't remember which, but it's on one of the lakes...either way, it'll be cold as you-know-what in either place!

    We got him a full sized Cyclone to take with him. Good Luck on your exams and with the service!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Northeastern New York
    Posts
    428
    Glad it arrived so quickly,.......and they be sharper than you think. I'm still healing up from an encounter about 3 1/2 weeks ago from it's little brother, the Spec Bump. NEVER be distracted by your pooch when closing one up single handed! Darn near took the tip of my pinky off!

    The Lahar has a finer blade grind and a sharper angle of the sharpening, probably,.....but it's not made for heavy duty work like the ZT 0200. A soldier needing to pierce a lot of equipement and still reach flesh needs the extra stout blade on the ZT knives. Me,.....i just need to cut open a TOUGH package or two! (a bit overkill, i know!)

    ........notice i encluded a piece of paper towel in the box to prevent the knife from moving around too much in the factory box,........

    ....that can also soak up quite a bit of "red run",.......if you have a collision with the blade.

    ENJOY,...................
    Last edited by joejeweler; 12-12-2007 at 06:48 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkindude View Post
    Congrats Offset !
    So how does it compare to a JYDII ?
    light years ahead of it. gonna be interesting to see how 154CM holds up if i treat it like i do Butch. i know that 13c26 does great.

    Quote Originally Posted by SPXTrader View Post
    OL, are you OTC or ROTC? The reason I ask is that my S-I-L is upping the Navy..He leaves in January for some place in Michigan or Illinois, can't remember which, but it's on one of the lakes...either way, it'll be cold as you-know-what in either place!

    We got him a full sized Cyclone to take with him. Good Luck on your exams and with the service!
    i will be ROTC. starting next year. i wanted to see if i could handle college first. so far so good. good luck to your son (i asume considering i cant remember what S-I-L is lol). cyclone is a good choice eh glock?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by joejeweler View Post
    Glad it arrived so quickly,.......and they be sharper than you think. I'm still healing up from an encounter about 3 1/2 weeks ago from it's little brother, the Spec Bump. NEVER be distracted by your pooch when closing one up single handed! Darn near took the tip of my pinky off!

    The Lahar has a finer blade grind and a sharper angle of the sharpening, probably,.....but it's not made for heavy duty work like the ZT 0200. A soldier needing to pierce a lot of equipement and still reach flesh needs the extra stout blade on the ZT knives.

    ........notice i encluded a piece of paper towel in the box to prevent the knife from moving around too much in the factory box,........

    ....that can also soak up quite a bit of "red run",.......if you have a collision with the blade.

    ENJOY,...................
    i was wonderin about that..............so long as im carefull

    yeah that Lahar isnt military grade

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jerzee, ya devilz
    Posts
    75,100
    Blog Entries
    10
    This looks like a good thread to jump in on!

    The ZT0200 Joe sent me just got here. I haven't had a chance to cut any other knives in half with it, but I guess it could. I put it next to my SnG and it made the SnG look lightweight and almost ... flimsy. Kershaw outdid themselves with this series. They always did make solid knives though.

    The only knives I know of that come close are my Extrema Ratio Nemesis and MOD CQD, and the Strider AR/GB.

    I cannot imagine hiding this knife in a box. It only makes sense going out in the world and cutting stuff. I think I'm going to take it for a walk. If you notice a disturbance in The Force in northern New Jersey, it's just me and my ZT.

    Thank you, Joe!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jerzee, ya devilz
    Posts
    75,100
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by joejeweler View Post
    NEVER be distracted by your pooch when closing one up single handed!
    You have to be especially careful with a deep recurve like this. A motion along the edge of a simple curved belly that wouldn't hurt you will turn into a real slash when you hit the other side of the recurve.

    Hey, it's only blood ... (ouch).

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Esav Benyamin View Post
    This looks like a good thread to jump in on!

    The ZT0200 Joe sent me just got here. I haven't had a chance to cut any other knives in half with it, but I guess it could. I put it next to my SnG and it made the SnG look lightweight and almost ... flimsy. Kershaw outdid themselves with this series. They always did make solid knives though.

    The only knives I know of that come close are my Extrema Ratio Nemesis and MOD CQD, and the Strider AR/GB.

    I cannot imagine hiding this knife in a box. It only makes sense going out in the world and cutting stuff. I think I'm going to take it for a walk. If you notice a disturbance in The Force in northern New Jersey, it's just me and my ZT.

    Thank you, Joe!
    "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Hoquiam, WA USA
    Posts
    20,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Esav Benyamin View Post
    ...I cannot imagine hiding this knife in a box. It only makes sense going out in the world and cutting stuff. I think I'm going to take it for a walk. If you notice a disturbance in The Force in northern New Jersey, it's just me and my ZT.

    Thank you, Joe!
    I swear...If I had to take on a grizzly bear with just a folder, or if I ever had to cut my way out of something (house, car, stomach of a whale ), the ZT 0200 is the one I'd want to have in my hand. I used to think that the original Spyderco Chinook was a stout folder, but it has nothing on the ZT 0200.
    "Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    ---US Marine Corps

    Dann Fassnacht
    Hoquiam, WA
    glockman99@hotmail.com

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    429
    I was considering the ZT 0200 but ordered the Offset yesterday instead. Hope I didn't make wrong choice. How do these two knives match up?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by brizbane View Post
    I was considering the ZT 0200 but ordered the Offset yesterday instead. Hope I didn't make wrong choice. How do these two knives match up?
    both are flippin (pun intended ) awsome. if you have played Halo 2 or 3 (or not), the ZT is a Brute (big, strong, doesnt take no for answer) and the Offset is an Elite (smart, fast, and excellent). strange analogy i know, but it works. you wont be disapointed with the Offset

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Hoquiam, WA USA
    Posts
    20,136
    Quote Originally Posted by brizbane View Post
    I was considering the ZT 0200 but ordered the Offset yesterday instead...
    Yah, but you ARE eventually going to get a ZT 0200, aren't you?..
    "Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    ---US Marine Corps

    Dann Fassnacht
    Hoquiam, WA
    glockman99@hotmail.com

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    429
    Offsetlover, thanks for the input, and glockman99 is right; I will eventually wind up with the 0200 anyway. I am just starting to look at the Kershaw line and I am very impressed (as I am with this K forum also).

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by brizbane View Post
    Offsetlover, thanks for the input, and glockman99 is right; I will eventually wind up with the 0200 anyway. I am just starting to look at the Kershaw line and I am very impressed (as I am with this K forum also).
    your welcome. stick around, browse the past threads. you'll enjoy yourself im sure.

    ok so esav and myself have the ZTs now. just waiting on jeremy, shooter, and chad.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Loafers Glory
    Posts
    6,873
    Alright dude. Glad you have officially become a Zero Toleranista! Now, hit the books and do well on the exams.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    toms river nj
    Posts
    1,915
    man joe....how do i get on that secret list of people getting a zt!...lol....i am really thinking about getting one after all these threads......i don't even need any folders.......ryan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •