Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Slingshot?

Best Slingshot?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Does anyone know who or what company makes the best slingshot?

I want one that is relatively simple and accurate.

any ideas?

regards,

mike

I have thought about buying the replacement rubber and making my own. The rubbers are cheap.

Just a though

Cheers

Jules

Trumark, Saunders and Barnett all make rugged, basic models. Crosman also has a solid design.
    For a non-braced, basic models, the Trumark S-9 and the Saunders Hawk are the best out there, IMHO. Replace the factory supplied bands with heavy pull bands (like the Trumark RR-2, or Saunders Heavy pull for more power, although they can be tough to pull back if you lack the strength. A folding wrist brace will allow you to pull a heavier band, and to shoot with more accuracy. Don't forget your safety goggles!

Quote Originally Posted by BlazenGem View Post
    Does anyone know who or what company makes the best slingshot?

I want one that is relatively simple and accurate.

any ideas?

regards,

mike
    I have this Crossman Firestorm model, $20 at Canadian Tire, very well made and accurate. In my opinion it's not worth getting a slingshot without a wrist-brace.

My slingshot is sitting on my kitchen window sill waiting for the next time that pesky little rat shows his head to drink from the dripping tap just outside the window in the solarium, he'll never know what hit him!
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" R.W.Emerson
    RATPACK #37

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?
    I have Trumark and Crosman slingshots in all my vehicles and gear. Inexpensive and very sturdy.
    I also have one at the front window to keep the squirrels off the birdfeeders.

thanks for the input guys, appreciate it.

which do you guys prefer? the basic?

or

does the thing on the bottom really help a lot?

the "thing on the bottom" is the wrist-brace, in my opinion it's not worth buying one without this feature, it allows you pull back farther while keeping your wrist steady, thus improving accuracy ...
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" R.W.Emerson
    RATPACK #37

I have a Trumark with the folding wrist brace and the extra hard bands. After experimenting (the wrist brace on the folding model is easily removed), I found that it really wasn't all that necessary. It was nice, but I could easily get used to shooting without it.

so shecky, those are removable? and can be put back?

On the Trumark folding model I have, they are removable. And they can be put back.

Here's a good site about slingshots in general:
    http://melchiormenzel.de/index.html

We used to do wicked stuff with a Wrist Rocket when I was a kid. We should be in jail

The father of the kid next door was a champion trap shooter and has a nice reloading bench. We would get the spent primers and shoot them from our singshots. The hole in the primer made them whistle. Any stray dog would hight the sound barrier when they heard that whistle after a couple weeks. We used to shoot each other ---stung like Hell too! I should be blind

I have a folding rig I removed the wrist brace from to cut down on weight and bulk and it is still very usable. Nothing like a system with unlimited ammo.

Now, a good survivalist should be able to make a traditional sling. You don't have to be Jewish to use one, unless you want to take out a giant
    Last edited by DaleW; 01-14-2008 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleW View Post
    We used to do wicked stuff with a Wrist Rocket when I was a kid. We should be in jail

The father of the kid next door was a champion trap shooter and has a nice reloading bench. We would get the spent primers and shoot them from our singshots. The hole in the primer made them whistle. Any stray dog would hight the sound barrier when they heard that whistle after a couple weeks. We used to shoot each other ---stung like Hell too! I should be blind

I have a folding rig I removed the wrist brace from to cut down on weight and bulk and it is still very usable. Nothing like a system with unlimited ammo.
    LOL! Dale, that reminds me of my Wrist Rocket escapades as a kid. I was always scrounging for ammo. Ball bearings were like gold. One time, in desparation, I commandeered some round wooden beads my Mom had. They were way to light to do any real damage, but they whistled like incoming artillery!

-- FLIX

Smile

Forget slingshots!

Slinging is the way to go:

http://funditor.110mb.com/sling2.html

www.slinging.org

Sure, it takes years of practice to be able to hit the broadside of a barn at fifty meters.... but hey, only a few minutes to pack scary amounts of energy.

where do you buy the rubber bands for the sling? I had a slingshot when I was about 7 and I remember all the mischief we got into. ditched it for a pellet gun after a few months but the slingshot was alot more fun. Im going to try and make another one.

i think I decided on the Barnett Black Widow.

what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by 3wolves View Post
    where do you buy the rubber bands for the sling? I had a slingshot when I was about 7 and I remember all the mischief we got into. ditched it for a pellet gun after a few months but the slingshot was alot more fun. Im going to try and make another one.
    It's sold as "Surgical Tubing" at any hardware store.

I've got the Barnett Diabolo. Works well. The Black Widow I tried is way inferior in terms of build and comfort.

I've seen a band with a cup for using shot to dislodge birds, but I've not tried it.

Peek - http://www.airsportdirect.com/acatal...lingshots.html

Quote Originally Posted by baldtaco-II View Post
    I've got the Barnett Diabolo. Works well. The Black Widow I tried is way inferior in terms of build and comfort.

I've seen a band with a cup for using shot to dislodge birds, but I've not tried it.

Peek - http://www.airsportdirect.com/acatal...lingshots.html
    hi baldtaco,

for the diablo, can the wristguard/band be taken off?

This looks pretty cool, from sheckys link. I doubt anyone could hit a moving bat though.
    Who would want to hit a bat at all? Bats are cool.
    DaleW, I shot a horse in the ass with a cranberry once, while my brother was petting it. I got a swat in the arse for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Ryan View Post
    This looks pretty cool, from sheckys link. I doubt anyone could hit a moving bat though.
    Who would want to hit a bat at all? Bats are cool.
    DaleW, I shot a horse in the ass with a cranberry once, while my brother was petting it. I got a swat in the arse for that.
    no matter how good it is, it looks way too futuristic.

I plan on using a simple design, and practice till im great. not some laser pointing accuracy

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information