Page 3 of 4758 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

In the cypress swamps of the great peninsula, USA

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisY View Post
    Reminds me of my grandfather's Case. Not quite as pocket worn though.

Wow, very nice old knife with old bone that looks like vintage green bone. Is that what it is?
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Thanks to all the rest of y'all for the nice comments!. Much obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisY View Post
    Reminds me of my grandfather's Case. Not quite as pocket worn though.

Very nice old knife!

Today at work I had my trusty Queen D2 Canoe.

Got home and on go the jeans with Ray Cover wharncliffe in left front, Case yellow soddie jr in right front, and Case CV slimline single blade trapper riding right backpocket. As I'm writing this, I think I hear my Case Bose dogleg jack calling for some attention.

It's a good knife life.
    Where you sit determines what you see.
    -Ford

Avatar: "He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to feel." - Townes Van Zandt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtzgwNDZAs4

A Tomes single-bladed Trapper and a CZ-75B

Catpaws

Quote Originally Posted by Grateful View Post
    Don't think I have ever seen one. Could you post a pic?
    Jim

Schrade 197UH "The Catpaw" - Same frame as the 897UH, single turkish clip blade. 1980-1989

Schatt and Morgan Harness Jack in Crimson Jigged Bone and 1095 Carbon Steel.

1985 bulldog with stag
    [IMG][/IMG]

A Vic super Tinker and a 4 1/2 inch produce knife by US Classics.

An older Ray Cover in 440C and a Randall Triathlete. The Randall sheath had a boot clip. I clipped it on a split ring and added a nylon belt loop gizmo. I wear it on my belt and it flops around like a swinger sheath. (It's a goofy doofus thang)

Rob - (Goofy Doofus)
    "Oil the Joints"

Northwoods senator, in mammoth ivory.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomason View Post
    and added a nylon belt loop gizmo. I wear it on my belt and it flops around like a swinger sheath. (It's a goofy doofus thang)
    hmmm...kokopelli swing band on the "nylon belt loop gizmo"...yup, looks like a goofy doofus thang to me.
    Where you sit determines what you see.
    -Ford

Avatar: "He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to feel." - Townes Van Zandt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtzgwNDZAs4

My (now)trustee Leatherman Sideclip, and my Case Bone Stag SS Peanut that fewpop gave me a few years ago. The famous 'gator skinnin one. Actually, I've talked about how I skinned a gator and I believe crocodile with it, but it's done much more. I've used it to defang a dead rattlesnake (fangs still have venom, so we needed to remove them so it was safe), cut excesses webbing between a gator's toes, used the pen blade to help a baby gator hatch out of it's egg (The membrane wasn't opening, and the gator was stuck), cut a tick out of a python's scales, and many other cool tasks that I can't recall right at this moment. As we as all the mundane things I use it for everyday at work. Cutting twine, rope, boxes, tape from around the gators' mouths after we let people sit on their backs, and for food stuff. I loved my soddie, and did get the hang of CV steel, but a Peanut.......? Just something about those little cutting blades. They handle anything I throw at them, and if they couldn't, my Leatherman would take over, but as of yet, I have not found a task I couldn't use it for. I got a big crush on small knives.
    Now, as soon as finances will allow (which means it won't be for a long while), I need to get me a CV Peanut. Kind've a toss up as to whether it will be the yeller or red handles ones.

Today a Buck Lancer - doesn't freak my sheeple management out at work

thawk those Uncle Henrys are really nice. I bet they are great edc's. Thanks for posting the picture.
    Jim
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."
    -Will Rogers

R.I.P. Sadie
    May 4,2004 - March 25,2008

In a suit today, so only had my SAK mini-champ. In a pair of gym shorts now with a spyderco native clipped in. Not very folksy, but thats today's EDC.

Just this, an old favorite of mine, and the Vic Executive in this pic:

Quote Originally Posted by Thomason View Post
    An older Ray Cover in 440C and a Randall Triathlete. The Randall sheath had a boot clip. I clipped it on a split ring and added a nylon belt loop gizmo. I wear it on my belt and it flops around like a swinger sheath. (It's a goofy doofus thang)

Very nice.

Yellowhandle CV Sodbuster Jr in back left pocket, yellowhandle CV medium Stockman in right front pocket.

Uses at work today...
    1. Had to string 3 trimmers for the guys this morning.
    2. Cut a piece of rope that tangled in a spindle.
    3. opened the mail.

Workdays always have a Vic alox Harvester along. My favorite work knife, everything gets used except for the bottle opener. After work hours, I pick up whichever seems to suit what I'm doing at the time, among folding hunters, stockmans, copperheads, lockbacks, fixed blades, etc. I could get along just fine with three knives, say the Harvester, one copperhead, and one fixed blade hunter, but why when I can choose from several??I'm as knife knutty as anybody on here!

Quote Originally Posted by ElCuchillo View Post
    Now, as soon as finances will allow (which means it won't be for a long while), I need to get me a CV Peanut. Kind've a toss up as to whether it will be the yeller or red handles ones.
    Get that broken Leatherman of yours fixed on warranty and I bet you could either sell it for enough dough to buy a CV Peanut, or find someone to swap with you! Tough times call for creativity! I know, I have two little ones and another due in about 6 weeks!

Page 3 of 4758 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread Information