Page 4749 of 4762 FirstFirst ... 374942494649469947394745474647474748474947504751475247534759 ... LastLast
Results 94,961 to 94,980 of 95224

Thread: What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    What I wouldn't give for a #66 wearing yellow rose. Very nice, Alan.

Based on your screen name a Texas Yellow Rose would be fitting.
    Alan

WTB: GEC 25 Clip or Drop Point...Please
    GEC 66 Jack in stag

Quote Originally Posted by Old Engineer View Post
    Just put this Lambsfoot into my pocket for the first time.

Harry
    Harry - That is an outstanding Lambsfoot my friend! Beautiful handles and would I be correct in assuming stainless blade and liners?

I had this old Red Bone in my pocket today!

~ Ron

Wanted: TK Cubans - users okay - buy or trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Half/Stop View Post
    Harry - That is an outstanding Lambsfoot my friend! Beautiful handles and would I be correct in assuming stainless blade and liners?

That is a great knife. I am so jealous of everyone's photography skills on here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheChunk91 View Post
    I was not aware a buck whittler existed, very cool!
    It did, at one time. I don't think they are making them anymore. I bought that about 15 years ago.
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Rose View Post
    That is a great knife. I am so jealous of everyone's photography skills on here.
    Thanks Stan
    ~ Ron

Wanted: TK Cubans - users okay - buy or trade.

Taylor 340, Taylor 0T8, and a SAK.

Quote Originally Posted by Playboyjoe Joe View Post
    The mod on the Cadet is because I like awls
    Thanks, PBJ Joe; that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by r8shell View Post
    Thank you, Gary. The Keen Kutter has some very subtle off-white grain, but I can't get it to show in a photo.
    That was my Fancy Friday carry. I'm back to a WWII workhorse for the weekend.

Thanks for the additional info about the grain of your KK, r8shell. Always good to see your rehandled Camillus!

I actually came across the site doing some googleing, and after trying to register found out that I already had an account from 2008. I've never been a bid forum person, but these new smart phones make it so easy and convenient. I can't believe I missed out on all those years.
    You'll just have to make up for lost time, Stan!

There are so many and they are all great today! It's been a long time since 5:00AM and these two have been with me the entire time. Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

Both iconic classics, Ron! I admire the coloring of your stag 73!

Quote Originally Posted by paulhilborn View Post
    Gary, great carry selection but the carved bone stag on your Marbles is amazing
    Thanks, Paul. I have examples of what I consider to be VERY appealing bone stag from Marbles, Colt, and Rough Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by harronek View Post
    Thanks for the kind words about my old knives .

I must admit that I didnt actually tote those two today , they came out of my Traditional drawer and got oiled and then put back . The real reason I went looking was to retrieve my IXL that I inherited from my father 3 years ago today .
    I carry it on very special family occasions and of course today on the adiversary of his death .

Ken
    Splendid tribute to your father, Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    LOL! Thanks my friend The first pic was taken in the Yorkshire Dales. The second pair of knives were very generous gifts from Bonzodog and Bladeplay74
    Very nice GT, I don't recall seeing that one before (but then I have a memory like a sieve)
    Inspired by Cambertree's excellent report on his A.Wright & Sons Tackler's Knife, I'm carrying mine by Wheatley Brothers. Have a good Sunday everyone

Thanks for the info about your photos and the kind words about my knives. That Schrade-Walden whittler that sifted through your memory I acquired at the same time as a NKCA gunboat canoe (Rogers-Wostenholm??) that I think is nearly identical to one you have.
    And thanks for showing us daily examples of your interesting knives!

Quote Originally Posted by joeradza View Post
    I've been carrying too many "proper sized" jack knives lately. It's about time I gave this big boy it's time in the sun.

Good to see that "firebrand" again, Alan; doesn't need "time in the sun" because it generates its own heat/light!

#13 Whip and and give the 92 some pocket time
    Harry
    Let me know what kind of Scout Knife you are looking for . I am going to the Badger Blade Show this coming Friday .
    Harry
    Very nice, Harry. Doesn't get much better than surpassing stag shimmering in the spring sunshine!
    I hope you have an enjoyable time at the show this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by paulhilborn View Post
    Carrying this sway back Challenge today, corrected what was a bit of a wonky tip.

That's sublime, Paul!! Reminds me of a Hay'n Helper (or a Rough Rider Halfhawk) that's died and gone to heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by RDaneel View Post
    That's a classic carry, um, Gary!
    I have my Lick Creek Barlow in the watch pocket today.

Thanks, Dean. Nice edge on your Lick Creek Barlow!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadpool View Post
    Thanks! And yes, so far it's been nothing to worry about. I keep it clean and dry it off as needed, but that's no different than my stainless knives.

The patina is coming along nicely, and I've been taking regular photos with an eye to possibly posting some sort of patina diary. It's already got a chip in the bone, too (a spot where the jigging was particularly fragile, near a pin), so it's a certified user on all fronts.
    Dadpool, thanks for the update on your first carbon steel blade; I'm sure I'm not alone in being interested in your "patina diary".

I'm carrying these two favourites today Have a good week everyone

I can certainly see why they're favorites, Jack!

Going to stuck in the office most of the day so I'm carrying my Yankee Jack. Hopefully cutting apples for break, and lunch will get the patina train rolling. Have a great day guys.

You have some splendid knives to display, Stan!

Inspired by a couple of Bucks I saw in this thread yesterday(?), I decided to carry my Buck whittler along with my favorite Barlow.

Yowza, that's a very fair pair, Dean! I don't think I've seen a Buck whittler before; is the model number 310?

Just put this Lambsfoot into my pocket for the first time.......
    Harry
    Congrats on the exquisite Eye Witness Barlow, Harry! Will we see pic of a TEW Barlow trio soon??

Quote Originally Posted by Playboyjoe Joe View Post

Great pic of your RR spearpoint whittler, Joe!

I’m off to see ADEE tomorrow, and carrying these three (thanks to some great forum kindness)

Have a safe and enjoyable visit, Jack! Those are 3 classics you have as fellow travelers!

Quote Originally Posted by GuestWho101 View Post
    Ravishing knife, Dee, and a memorable photo!! Somebody (powernoodle in the SAK subforum??) used to have a sky and clouds background in his pics; I didn't know if it was done with mirrors or what.

You must be extremely happy and proud to have that showpiece, Ron!!

This week is the last of the 20 weeks on my current carry schedule; this would be a good time to attempt to update the schedule to include all the knives that have arrived since the most recent update. But here's some of what I'm totin' this week.
    SAK of the Week is a Vic Camper:

Alox of the Week is a Vic Farmer:

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a JJ Martinez marinera:

Watchpocket Knife of the Week is a Robert Klaas small canoe:

- GT

GT,
    I like that Green Farmer. I have a blue one and absolutely love it. One of my favorite knives, especially on the trail.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank you GT for your kind words on my carry .
    You will not see a a TEW Barlow Trio shot because I do not have a trio of the TEW Barlows .
    I did post a picture of my TEW Trio shot in the Taylors Eye Witness thread .
    Your Knife Schedule Sheet must look very much like a London Underground Schedule book .
    Your JJ Martinez looks like it could be a pretty handy user .

Thank you also Ron ( Half/Stop ) : . The blade is Stainless . I am not sure on the liners , pins , bolsters , and backspring . They do not give a real good description of what materials are used .
    Your Old Red Case is certainly a beautiful piece of equipment my friend . A Case with that bone on it is certainly on my list to look for at the Badger Blade Show this week .

Harry
    Last edited by Old Engineer; 03-20-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Enjoying watching these age together

¤ Jeff

Looking for 66 calf roper(ebony or stag) or slim(yellow rose or stag)

Beautiful knife, and awesome photography.

There are so many beautiful knives.
    I just received my first 71 Farm & Field Tool. I must admit I was always skeptical about paying so much more for one of these than a Case Sodbuster or Sodbuster JR. Two knives I used to by a few at a time to give to friends and family. I must say I am amazed at how sturdy the 71 is compared to the Sodbusters I have owned. I have never had a Sodbuster who's blade landed dead Center like GEC. While the Case versions are still great knives I will continue to use and enjoy, the price difference is worth it IMHO.
    Have a great evening guys.
    Thank you, Stan!

You're right about the F&F #71..... it's worth every penny.
    Great knife at a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by 5K Qs View Post
    Ravishing knife, Dee, and a memorable photo!! Somebody (powernoodle in the SAK subforum??) used to have a sky and clouds background in his pics; I didn't know if it was done with mirrors or what.

This week is the last of the 20 weeks on my current carry schedule; this would be a good time to attempt to update the schedule to include all the knives that have arrived since the most recent update. But here's some of what I'm totin' this week.
    SAK of the Week is a Vic Camper:

Alox of the Week is a Vic Farmer:

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a JJ Martinez marinera:

Watchpocket Knife of the Week is a Robert Klaas small canoe:
    Thanks, Gary!
    No smoke & mirrors..... just a little editing.

Your weekly spreadsheet must be just as amazing as the cutlery it carries (<--- there's a "pun" somewhere in there, I think ).
    Undeniably an excellent array.

Bill

Proud supporter of JK Handmade Knives #200

WTB small Sebenza's DOB 8/12 & 1/6

Quote Originally Posted by rockgolfer View Post
    Enjoying watching these age together

Who could blame you? Rockgolfer🤙
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. - Steven Wright

~ Alan

Inspired by a couple of Bucks I saw in this thread yesterday(?), I decided to carry my Buck whittler along with my favorite Barlow.

I, like some others on here, didn't realize Buck made a whittler... it seems it's the 310 pattern but quite a few were stamped 309. Someone much more knowledgeable than I could chime in on this I'm sure... Anyways, as soon as I saw it I had to have one so I started to peek around the interwebs and they seem to be a bit hard to find. Finally got lucky and snagged one for under $16 shipped. It's used a bit but looks pretty good and needless to say I'm excited to get it in my grubby little paws lol. I'll post a pic or two when I get it.
    Looking for some grail GECs... let me know if you can help me out! Thanks BladeForums...
    66, 81, and 82 stockmans, really interested in any stockmans!
    77 Barlows, especially green bone...
    GEC or Northwoods whittlers...
    15 single clip blade (users are fine) or blue camel bone sheepsfoot SFO...

Such great knives today. I'm humbled
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. - Steven Wright

~ Alan

Quote Originally Posted by AShearer View Post
    Who could blame you? Rockgolfer🤙
    Thanks Alan. Looking forward to seeing your stag whip get better with age
    ¤ Jeff

Looking for 66 calf roper(ebony or stag) or slim(yellow rose or stag)

Quote Originally Posted by willythekid View Post
    I, like some others on here, didn't realize Buck made a whittler... it seems it's the 310 pattern but quite a few were stamped 309. Someone much more knowledgeable than I could chime in on this I'm sure... Anyways, as soon as I saw it I had to have one so I started to peek around the interwebs and they seem to be a bit hard to find. Finally got lucky and snagged one for under $16 shipped. It's used a bit but looks pretty good and needless to say I'm excited to get it in my grubby little paws lol. I'll post a pic or two when I get it.
    Here we go... did I do pretty good for $16?
    img_0032_3_52.jpg
    Last edited by willythekid; 03-20-2017 at 10:35 PM.
    Looking for some grail GECs... let me know if you can help me out! Thanks BladeForums...
    66, 81, and 82 stockmans, really interested in any stockmans!
    77 Barlows, especially green bone...
    GEC or Northwoods whittlers...
    15 single clip blade (users are fine) or blue camel bone sheepsfoot SFO...

Quote Originally Posted by willythekid View Post
    SFO for a specific retailer.
    The main blade is the same as that on a 309. Rather than make a special run of blades stamped "310", they used standard 309 blades.
    Frank R

... Still looking for a vorpal blade.
    (op cit Lewis Carroll)

Click here to update user Group.

List of BF Dealer Members

Page 4749 of 4762 FirstFirst ... 374942494649469947394745474647474748474947504751475247534759 ... LastLast

Thread Information