Page 6 of 4765 FirstFirst ... 234567891016561065061006 ... LastLast

Thread: What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

In the heart of darkness. Learning the secrets of the mighty Douk-douk.

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    At work (building woodstoves) a carbon steel large Schrade trapper (14OT I think). At home, a tiny Browning stainless trapper with stag scales.

Case Soddie
    Colonial Barlow
    and Case Caliber

Queen Large teardrop in Carved Stag Bone. Kent, NY penknife in MOP (probably celluloid).

hi, usualyy either a bear cutlery stockman,in the 37/8 size, or the queen cattle pattern [large] stockman, and in my truck an old 70s sheepsfoot kabar barlow i found, in case i get to work and forgot my regulars,aqnd on my key ring a old 2 1/2 pen? 1 blade stamped usa,probably from the 60s or 70s but it sure can get a razor edge,thanks

Well, today it will be my trusty Old Timer 34OT, a Vic Farmer SAK and my newly-acquired Benchmade 527 (not traditional, but little, light and handy!).

Ron

Its supposed to be around 55°F, so I'm planning on doing some work outside.
    I didn't decide what pocketknife to carry yet, so there's none on the photo.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ElCuchillo View Post
    Email sent. Again, thanks Foilist.
    Response sent. No problem - it seems the "folksy" thing to do.

In the cypress swamps of the great peninsula, USA
    Here is another vintage large Stockman I just got in a trade with a very fine member here that is dressed in nice tightly grained hardwood scales that is stained in a cherry color. Brass bolsters, liners and pins and what appears to be stainless steel blades and backsprings. She even has a match striker pull on her main clip blade with a front side swedge or false edge as well. Its an Imperial USA brand that has the tang stamp FRONTIER in a semi -circle and a powder-horn design below it. I polished her up and started edc'n as of late. I really am falling in love with this very well made slippy!.

Victorinox Farmer in right jacket pocket and classic on keychain. Playing with Case yellow delrin handled medium stockman in CV

Cheers,
    Cluckey

Have a new Jerry Halfrich Sowbelly Lockback and a Ruple copperhead w/ greenbone. Feels good in the pocket! The sowbelly is in a sheath that fits to the inside of my pocket w/ a clip. By Mr Paul Long

Quote Originally Posted by ckerwin View Post
    Have a new Jerry Halfrich Sowbelly Lockback and a Ruple copperhead w/ greenbone. Feels good in the pocket! The sowbelly is in a sheath that fits to the inside of my pocket w/ a clip. By Mr Paul Long

Halfrich and Ruple and Long! Oh my!
    Rob - (Goofy Doofus)
    "Oil the Joints"

Vic Tinker on belt, Case Wharny Copperlock CV, yellow Delrin in back pocket. Shooting, adjusted a scope setting w/the Tinker. Yardwork, trimmed some roses w/Case. Lunch, sliced cheese for sammiches w/Case, opened package of sausage for sammiches, too.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyd View Post
    Here is another vintage large Stockman I . . . Its an Imperial USA brand that has the tang stamp FRONTIER in a semi -circle and a powder-horn design below it. I polished her up and started edc'n as of late. I really am falling in love with this very well made slippy!.
    I bought two of these, a #4432 (white delrin) & a #4434 (black delrin), and they had some storage marks. Other than that, they're new, right down to factory edges on a couple of the blades. They were a little gummy from sitting for so long, but once I cleaned & oiled them, they were in such good shape that they became my "dress" knives, for special occasions. (We're going to a nice dinner tonight, so the white one gets to go out tonight. )

I'm on a constant lookout for anything by Frontier now . . .

thx - cpr
    Beckerhead #133 // Kabar Krew #033 // SpyderNation #0809

sunnyd - THAT is a mighty fine looking stockman!

Today, for the first time I am carrying these. Peanut in its own pouch, Fong custom in Paul Long pouch given to me by a friend on the forum for Christmas clipped to the inside of my jeans. Today is a Good Day to be alive.
    Jim

Thanks for the comments orka8589 and Kerry,

The very first time ever with anything from Frontier/Imperial USA and I must say, if'n I have anything to say about it, it won't be my last..

I carried a stockman and CV Soddie Jr. today. This is the only stockman that I own mow and the only one that I will carry. I modified this one some time back turning the spey into a secondary clip and the sheepfoot into a wharncliffe. Spey blades have turned into a pet peeve for me recently. I never use them. You won't find an unused knife in my house and to have a knife with an unused blade, in my opinion, is just as bad. This one is an old cheapo with some kind of synthetic scales, but it sharpens nice and feels right at home in my front pocket.

That stockman cleaned up nice, sunnyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Morablades View Post
    That stockman cleaned up nice, sunnyd.
    Thanks partner, very much obliged!

Page 6 of 4765 FirstFirst ... 234567891016561065061006 ... LastLast

Thread Information