Thread: H&R Tamer shotgun...

H&R Tamer shotgun...

ADVERTISEMENT
    Anyone have one of these, or have ever tried one out? I've got my eye on one, as a camp gun to keep around the tent. Looks like a handy little number, and the price cant be beat. I've used a H&R 20 gauge before (my cousin owns one of the single shot Pardner models), and it seemed like a decent gun. Just wanted you guys thoughts and opinions on this puppy.

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/tamer.asp

I have a single shot 12 gauge. It has the normal wood stock, and an 18" barrel... I call it "the mule" (for obvious reasons). Besides the recoil it is reliable and dependable. A 20 G would probably be a bit better with the recoil. Also, I noticed the "tamer" is a full choke. I really like that.
    “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

Connecticut surrounded by liberals unfortunately
    The Survivor is a model you may want to look into. The .410 gauge is nothing to scoff at. A .410 slug can leave a barrel with a 1800 fps velocity. We recommend the M6 Scout .22lr/.410 survival rifle/shotgun at the WLC and Marty has made a hybrid shotgun with the survivor stock and another .410 receiver/barrel that is stainless. The 20 gauge is nice but I like my 12 gauge for home defense and my .410 for woods use. In a true survival situation where food gathering is a concern, I'd take a .410 for small game. I don't see myself going for large game. If I were, I'd break out the 12 gauge with slugs. That is a whole other discussion or debate.

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with the H&R lineup. Buy one, practice often and keep us posted!
    Kev

Head Instructor/Owner
    Estela Wilderness Education
    www.kevinestela.com

Find Estela Wilderness Education, LLC on Facebook and become a fan!

born and raised in phx az. but claim idaho as home.
    have the h and r 12 gauge. first time i shot it the breech would open up with each round. i figured it was supposed to do that. then sent it back and they had it for several months. when i got it back i took it out to pop off a few rounds. guess what, yep, the breech would pop open every time. sent it back and they kept it for 6 months. they lost it at the factory and wouldnt give me another. after constant hounding i got it back. shoots great and doesnt open. only took just about a year. other than shoddy workmanship and horrendous customer service i give them " 2 snaps up in a Z formation. FABULOUS!"

ryan

Kev, how much to those M6 Scout's run? It's an ugly little cuss, but it could come in handy.

Connecticut surrounded by liberals unfortunately
    PB,

They are coming back in popularity and commanding a premium. Expect to pay upwards of $450+ for a stainless model. This price is much higher than the original MSRP. Even though they are ugly, you'll never break one. I absolutely love mine!

Kev

Head Instructor/Owner
    Estela Wilderness Education
    www.kevinestela.com

Find Estela Wilderness Education, LLC on Facebook and become a fan!

Thread Information