Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New knives made in Russia by NOKS company.

ADVERTISEMENT
    I read alittle on them, they are like the coldsteel of russia.
    Good but not great mid range knives, something like that.

not informative message...
    Last edited by kancler; 09-23-2008 at 11:48 AM.

sorry, message was not polite to our partners...
    Last edited by kancler; 09-23-2008 at 11:49 AM.

4. Unfortunately, "benyaM95 Ranger Knife" is always negative about anything made in Russia.
    Do not believe him... Come to the Show and check them out...

Folders are not great, but not bad at all. Also fixed blade knives are very interesting...
    I will post some pictures after the Blade Show West.

For future...

If you thing product is bad - please explain why, how you tested it, what experience you had and more...
    I will not delete anything and we will discuss...

If I put some information about OTHER manufactures in our ROSarms forum, please try to be polite to them. If you don't like the product - again say why and open new topic in General Forum, not in ROSarms forum.

Thank you for understanding...
    Last edited by kancler; 09-23-2008 at 11:55 AM.

The Piranha-1 looks like a nice knife to me. Reminds me of a some american knives which isn't a bad thing. Do you have any idea on the price they will be for us U.S. customers? Thanks!

Heber
    Heber Ellsworth
    Email: wildmanh@yahoo.com

6. Quote Originally Posted by wildmanh View Post
    The Piranha-1 looks like a nice knife to me. Reminds me of a some american knives which isn't a bad thing. Do you have any idea on the price they will be for us U.S. customers? Thanks!

Heber
    Not yet. We are going to offer some of the models on our web-store: rusknives.com But pricing, availability and other questions I will address to the rep. Good news is he lives in Chicago area...

Thank you.

kancler, I don't think my posts were ...not informative...
    But, I'm sure, you'd expect negative reaction towards NOKS.
    I did have Smersh-3, paid over a hundred for it in Kiev. $12 Mora performed much better.
    Sorry if I've offended anybody, but... that's my expirience with NOKS.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by benyaM95 Ranger Knif View Post
    I did have Smersh-3, paid over a hundred for it in Kiev. $12 Mora performed much better.
    I can understand that. But it's not necessarily informative either. After all, knives like the Moras and Opinels and Douk-Douks are known for a certain type of high performance. That doesn't mean more tactical knives don't have their own value and capabilities.

But kancler is right. Getting too far away from the purpose of the thread will only get the information lost in the noise. We have a General Knife Discussion and Knife Reviews & Testing that get more exposure for detailed analysis of performance.

9. 3 NOKS knives available on our website -
    http://www.rosarmsusa.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=32

Cool, really like the "fist" knife with the bottle opener.
    Really good pricing to.
    The sheaths look alittle cheap but thats not a problem for me, I would replace it with a IWB kydex anyways.
    Be cool to try out.

11. Quote Originally Posted by macgregor22 View Post
    The sheaths look alittle cheap but thats not a problem for me, I would replace it with a IWB kydex anyways.
    Be cool to try out.
    you are right - sheath is not just cheap, sheath is free...

Blog Entries
    I really don't mind a sheath "looking cheap" as long as it works, as long as it's durable and holds the knife well. Sometimes what "looks cheap" to one person does not to another.

Of the new knives, I still like the Piranha, but I definitely like the Fox, a small utility belt knife that would work very well in IWB Kydex.

13. The sheath I got with the Bayonet was a big improvement. Enough to to cancel getting a custom sheath for it.

Hi Kancler,

Do you have any close up pics of Piranha 2? Also, when will it be available?

15. Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Hi Kancler,

Do you have any close up pics of Piranha 2? Also, when will it be available?
    Unfortunately, we don't have any Piranha-2.

Somehow NOKS factory doesn't want to communicate and no need anybody on US market.
    All what we have in stock (we are just dealers not distributors) was imported directly from Russian dealer...

I dont really like the sheaths on those new punch knives but they wouldn't be legal in Canada anyway. ( although maybe the SPUR might make it through). It's really the Mosquito I want though, I would mold a new Kydex rig for it myself..

Speaking of Sheaths I got a PICNIC just in time for Whitetail season here in Manitoba. It is pictured on the Website with a Traditional drop in sheath but it came with a hunting style one that only covered the blade itself. Although the sheath is of VERY good quality one of the reasons I ordered that knife in the first place was the fact it came with a Scandi style drop in sheath. Now I'm going to have to make one out of leather covered kydex.
    OH well at least that way I can get exactly what I want complete with curved Laplander tip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information