Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Bagwell Knives

Smile Bagwell Knives

ADVERTISEMENT
    I've seen some Bagwells over the years but never paid too much attention, I know alot of the ones advertised come from Ontario knives. My interest in Bowie knives has been increasing again lately and in an attempt to find out more, I just ordered a book by Bagwell, is Bill still making knives? I don't see his name in Blade magazine, I'm starting to search thru older issues to see If I can find any articles. Some here have called him a Mastersmith but I don't see the m.s. stamp on any of his blades, the bowies I've seen here look very good, any insight would be appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by brasshilt View Post
    I've seen some Bagwells over the years but never paid too much attention, I know alot of the ones advertised come from Ontario knives. My interest in Bowie knives has been increasing again lately and in an attempt to find out more, I just ordered a book by Bagwell, is Bill still making knives? I don't see his name in Blade magazine, I'm starting to search thru older issues to see If I can find any articles. Some here have called him a Mastersmith but I don't see the m.s. stamp on any of his blades, the bowies I've seen here look very good, any insight would be appreciated...
    The knives made by Ontario where a Bagwell design but they are far from a real Bagwell. They are a prouduction knife that is no longer being made. Bill is very much making knives and IMHO doing some of his best work right now. He does not advertise but is still taking orders. Send me an email and I will give you his # my email is JParanee@aol.com. Bill is one of the founding members of the ABS and is one of the very first guy's to have a master stamp but has chosen not to use it on his blades for a number of years now. I hope I have helped
    Last edited by JParanee; 04-11-2009 at 04:21 PM.

Joe Paranee
    JParanee@aol.com
    NRA Life Member
    R.I.P. Phill Hartsfield

Quote Originally Posted by pootsythesamurai View Post

and probably the pciture I'm most jealous of in the world, this one (Joe if me and you team up think we could get all these, I just want all the stag ones, you can have the rest ):

http://archasse.com/forum/uploads//m...1182181479.jpg
    i love Bill's bowies as much as the next guy but i would love to have one of those small utility knives like on the bottom of the pic. very simple but elegant just the same.

nice find Pootsy

To be honest that pic with the huge number of his knives there's not one of those knives I wouldn't gladly own. damn me being a student with very expensive tastes

Nice find, Pootsy. Thanks.

Doug

Hi All,

Been trying to search for Bill's contact details, email if possible. Tried searchin it on net but no luck.

Hope you guys can help

Thanks

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by JParanee View Post
    The knives made by Ontario where a Bagwell design but they are far from a real Bagwell. They are a prouduction knife that is no longer being made. Bill is very much making knives and IMHO doing some of his best work right now. He does not advertise but is still taking orders. Send me an email and I will give you his # my email is JParanee@aol.com. Bill is one of the founding members of the ABS and is one of the very first guy's to have a master stamp but has chosen not to use it on his blades for a number of years now. I hope I have helped
    I bought a couple of the Ontario knives, primarily to study the handle and guard shops. They are definitely NOT anything like a real Bagwell in the blade department, but you can get a good idea for the coffin handle shape and proportions. The blades are some kind of inexpensive stainless steel and, in reality, the smaller knives are more attractive than the Hell's Belle model, IMO, which had a blade that is quite a bit narrower than the real deal and looks out of proportion to the handle.

Bill is hard to find but it's sort of good that way; He is a Bowie knife nut's dream IMO and you won't find better if you want a blade to bet your life on.

I had thought myself that he was dead until I saw the stag and Damascus Bell of Joe's and then was like WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO he's alive.
    I had said to him on the phone bout that and Bill told me that there has been rumours since the 80ties about him being dead.
    That's when you know you are a legend

Yeh! Joe's damascus example is very delicious and his shorter HB looks vicious but then again so is your Pootsy. Did you end up getting a carbon version

Found Bill's number, saw on previous post he doesn't use email, will have to give him a call when I'm ready... got to many orders in the pipeline at the moment.

Also in a previous post that he tailors the knife to the user... thats very interesting.

It's right, when people think you're dead is when you're a legend. Hope I will be one of the privileged, like you guys, to own one of his knives.

Tritiuminator Bill use's email I just think he does not check it much. I will pm you with it. But it is better to talk with him. Just sent him that big piece of stag that Kevin sent me for a monster end of days HB.

Joe Paranee
    JParanee@aol.com
    NRA Life Member
    R.I.P. Phill Hartsfield

Quote Originally Posted by JParanee View Post
    Tritiuminator Bill use's email I just think he does not check it much. I will pm you with it. But it is better to talk with him. Just sent him that big piece of stag that Kevin sent me for a monster end of days HB.
    Cool thanks Joe... Will definitely contact him via phone when time comes... Monster end of day HB?... Guess its always wise to prepare for Amageddon... lol

Quote Originally Posted by tritiuminator View Post
    Cool thanks Joe... Will definitely contact him via phone when time comes... Monster end of day HB?... Guess its always wise to prepare for Amageddon... lol
    Kevin Jones had sent me a very nice but large piece of stag for the last Helle's Belle . Bill used a smaller piece that balanced the blade better and had a curvature that lended itself to a very concealable blade. Well the stag was so nice but needed an 11 to 11 1/2 inch blade. I figured why let it sit here and gather dust so I sent it to him to build a big one . To big for me to carry but just a big long mean cutting and stabbing machine

Joe Paranee
    JParanee@aol.com
    NRA Life Member
    R.I.P. Phill Hartsfield

A piece of stag to suit me Joe :P how nice of you; I'm trying to work out what I want for my next one. It's hard to know now.

I was thinking along another HB or a Sheffield style Bowie with something a bit different. Maybe just have to have a chat with Bill.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pootsythesamurai View Post
    A piece of stag to suit me Joe :P how nice of you; I'm trying to work out what I want for my next one. It's hard to know now.

I was thinking along another HB or a Sheffield style Bowie with something a bit different. Maybe just have to have a chat with Bill.
    If Joe is smart(which is up for debate)....he will STOP posting his pictures of Bagwell knives, so you can bite off his ideas "Pootsy". Keep working the imagination...you get something truly unique and custom that way

Questionable Regards,

STeven Garsson
    Victory comes with the sword still in the scabbard
    The Way of the warrior is a dying art

I was thinking more sheffield with some file work and something different to see what Bill could do for my 21st.

That was a joke more about the stag piece though

Gonna try to get something really diff for my birthday.
    It just so happens me and Joe have tastes which are very, very similar :P.

Sadly me being a poor student means I have to think a lot bout what I want and it means I can end up just getting something safe rather than going for something really unique.

Think I'll get the drawing pad out and have a think :P

Bagwell Damascus Bowie

I just received my first Bill Bagwell Bowie, it's a very cool knife, especially in Damascus. I'll try and get some photos up here later...

yes more photos

we're still waiting on Christin's, come on man give us some more Bagwell glory.

waiting on more pics...

Has anyone got a HB with wood handles besides stag? Be interested to see them. I've seen Bill's coffin wood shaped handles, was wondering if he had other styles of handles in wood.

Quote Originally Posted by tritiuminator View Post
    waiting on more pics...

Has anyone got a HB with wood handles besides stag? Be interested to see them. I've seen Bill's coffin wood shaped handles, was wondering if he had other styles of handles in wood.
    Most are wood at this there are only 4 HB's with stag. He also does a neat Bird's head if ya do a search you will find some on here.
    Here is a Bird's head I posted up awhile ago.

Joe Paranee
    JParanee@aol.com
    NRA Life Member
    R.I.P. Phill Hartsfield

Quote Originally Posted by Kohai999 View Post
    If Joe is smart(which is up for debate).... Regards,

STeven Garsson
    STevey, I can't let you pick on Joey. Iv'e got his baby pictures in my wallet.

Paul
    Instructional DVDs now available at http://chriscrawfordknives.com/ ***New third DVD is now available at the same web site***

Paul Long------108 Briarwood Ln. W------Kerrville, TX---78028-9311----830 367 5536 pfl@cebridge.net

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information