Page 3 of 209 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Becker knives pics here

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladite View Post
    sweet hennessey hammock

also, nice knife!

Bladite
    Thanks. I'm not sure I'll ever tent again.

The BK-9 in question almost brought the trip to a sudden end when one of the other guys splayed out his knuckle with it. I done warned him...

A hurried paddle back downstream and out to the 'vet', then to the pharmacy for prescribed antibiotics and we we continued the trip on a different, easier route.

Also pictured here are some pics I took in a poor excuse for lightbox I threw together. They were taken the day I got the beast.

A wrap for the little companion blade. It wouldn't fit into the sheath with it on, so that idea got nixed... Shame, it added all sorts of grip.

fixed dup post
    embiggened: (bladite)
    Last edited by Bladite; 10-14-2010 at 06:19 PM.

gore!

yes, these hammocks are the big win

Bladite

Well the good news is that after bouncing off his knuckle bone, the edge was no worse for the wear. Lucky it was a light swing or he would be minus one finger.

8 or 9 stitches, I forget which.

The bad news is that 6 days of hard use with no touchups put a nasty dent/tear in the edge. I decided to grind it out and convex all at once. Still need to remove more material; sandpaper wears smooth fast... I'll post pics once that little endeavor is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by zdigitalmedium View Post
    Well the good news is that after bouncing off his knuckle bone, the edge was no worse for the wear. Lucky it was a light swing or he would be minus one finger.

//images//...

8 or 9 stitches, I forget which.

The bad news is that 6 days of hard use with no touchups put a nasty dent/tear in the edge. I decided to grind it out and convex all at once. Still need to remove more material; sandpaper wears smooth fast... I'll post pics once that little endeavor is complete.
    well, the best part about redoing the edge, is you'll get all that nasty rust causing blood off.

nice wound. i can see how that would be much worse. seen worse on the khukri forums. yow.

Bladite

well, the best part about redoing the edge, is you'll get all that nasty rust causing blood off.

nice wound. i can see how that would be much worse. seen worse on the khukri forums. yow.

Bladite
    Well the entire edge is convexed, shiny and shaves easily. And I rinsed the blood away pretty soon after the event. I have to say I didn't oil the knife at all during the trip and 5 days of rain and 100% humidity did nothing to the shine on the edge. My plain 1095 Kabar would have been a rustbucket by the last day.

There's just this one nick thats probably 90% removed. It still occupies maybe 20% of the grind 'depth' on one side. I'm lucky, I guess, in that the nick is past where the belly starts its curve towards the point.

By the time I'm done, I'll have an 8.7" BK-9

becker custom eh, that doubles the value in my book.

A) Can we make this a sticky?
    B) I hate Guyon.
    C) I friggin love my BK9.

BK9 "Hog Hunter" with ATC Rogers' Rangers Tomahawk:

BK9 HH again with AR15 & Tactical Tailor MAV:

BK7:

Last but definitely not least, my favorite, The BKT Magnum Camp:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_1989 View Post
    Last but definitely not least, my favorite, The BKT Magnum Camp:
    Nice! I want one sooo bad.

BK2 home made cocobolo and matching 1911!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4269106...60963/sizes/l/

Quote Originally Posted by MArathonman View Post
    BK2 home made cocobolo and matching 1911!
    cool

Bladite

Finally took a pic of my old BK&T Patrol Machete...

I know it doesn't actually resemble them, but it always reminds me of those large combat bowies Arnold's special forces team had in Predator.

Now, that thing has some character to it. Looks like it's had some bush lovin'.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsonbob View Post
    Now, that thing has some character to it. Looks like it's had some bush lovin'.
    Indeed it has

My two 7's

I wanted to post this pic. for the group so you can see a head to head of the two Becker's together.

The BK7 will go on hikes and camping and take all the abuse. Not that the "77" can't, but with only 150 available for the foreseable future and a little caveman coin saved up, I figured I'd pick one up. This forum played a big part in my decision to get my first Becker (BK11), which I carry around and keep in the car. The rest is cashflow to KA-BAR and praise to Ethan.

These are after my yard test on a Dogwood tree that fell. Let me tell you the Dogwood is some serious hardwood to chop through. It could also be my noob technique. I don't know if you can see the ends well enough, but they look almost polished.

Hagus
    Last edited by hagusofnwn; 08-01-2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Additional Pictures Views

cool

Bladite

That is a sweet blade

Here is a BK-7 I modded by adding a choil. The reason for the choil is explained in the two-part testing threads linked below.
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=191387
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=191388

Here it is with a couple items from its sheath pocket -- a DogBones triangular sharpener and a Firesteel with nail polish and vinyl tube to keep water away from the rod so it won't corrode.

Last edited by RokJok; 08-14-2009 at 10:00 AM.

I like my Tac Tool(s).

Page 3 of 209 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information