Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: post your using pics!

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Chris,

I want the big knife in the piggyback, pretty please. Hope you are staying busy....with my order. All of them look very nice. Great work and they are extremely sharp.

Keep it up.

Oh, I'm busy alright! Your order and Snake Dr.s are the two current Big Knife orders that I'm trying to finish up. Just gotta keep myself moving and not get tangled up- I have more orders than I've had before right now. I need a seceretary!

Quote Originally Posted by koyote View Post
    Oh, I'm busy alright! Your order and Snake Dr.s are the two current Big Knife orders that I'm trying to finish up. Just gotta keep myself moving and not get tangled up- I have more orders than I've had before right now. I need a seceretary!
    I know you've been Busy ! I just read In the W&SS Forum, And with Home Schooling & taking care of your Son your schedule Is hectic ! Whenever you get my Order done Is Fine, I'm In No Real Rush, So dont feel have have to push yourself to get my stuff done, But I sure Nuff cant wait to see them Beauty's ! You just cant Rush Perfection,

Forced patina is now starting mellow out with use - just the way I like it!

I love that knife KGD.

Thank's for Sharing the picture kgd, I really like that Mill's Pattern Skinner that's a Great design, And you got It Looking Good with the Forced Patina Finish "It's gonna get better with age ! That's a Beautiful Knife,

I'm going on a little 10-20 mile day hike tomorrow and I'm trying to decide how to take GatorBane. In reality, is she too heavy to take along? It's 50/50; she's pretty heavy. If I can secure her to my pack; she's coming along.

Animals that I'm likely to come across:

Snakes
    Gators
    Bear
    Coyote
    Armadillo
    Fish
    Rainbow People (These are the nefarious hippies that live in the woods and travel around FL) If I see any Rainbow People, I'm shooting an azimuth back to my vehicle, and aborting the hike.

I'd go for something superlight and slicey-dicey like Sierra's fighter if I was doing a sneak and there was a LOT of snakes and such- I'd be a lot happier, if I ended up using a knife, with gatorbane against gator or bear or rainbows.

Well they aren't exactly user pics...

I was visited by KGD a few days ago and had the opportunity to handle another one of your knives, Christof.

As Ken would confirm, I was most impressed and even ended my drawn out analysis with the word "perfect". Then it hit me like a 5lb cross pein hammer!! This knife was worthless!!! (joking, of course... bear with my sarcasm).

There was no maker's mark!!!!

This knife could verywell have been made THE CHRISTOF HARPER of Koyote Knives but without the mark, I have to accept the fact that I might be holding a cheap knockoff..... lol.

BUT......... don't worry buddy..... I had the technology to remedy the situation...

All joking aside, I was honestly impressed with the knife... and I am a picky suminabatch!

Rick
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

Rick Marchand
    ABS Apprentice Smith
    wildertools.com

Follow me on Instagram: wildertools

I have started stamping tangs- That's one of the last of the ones I didn't. What you need to do now is superglue the mark on there!

That's sweet, it's always great to get knives into other makers' hands for a look see.

Here's a smaller EDC for me that just got finished- until someone tells me they really really want it with the LH sheath. Then i'll have to make another one for me.

5.25 OAL with a 2 3/16 blade. Maple goodness. And a firesteel by C_Bryant

yep... you were right...I'm hate you! lol. Sweet firesteel

Love it.

Hey is that a hair tie holding the firesteel in? If so, good idea.

it's shock cord- which is eleastic braided covered cord- hair tie stuff. Hell, this one might even be a hair tie, I have scraps all over.

you like maple, I know, and small knives. It is a sweet firesteel- it's been used a bit.

So what does 15N20 look like after being used to cut over a bushel of tomatoes and veggies related to canning 100+ jars of preserves?

It looks Great!!!

Does it still cut?

You bet it cuts!!!!!

that is an awesome patina job. Like oiling wood, there's no substitute for time on the job!

Christof is going to ban me from this thread one of these days I was board and after being forced by the Mrs' to do housework all morning, I needed to go beat on something. Big koyote traditional leuku and original ranger RD-9 did some chopping Oh it is just so fun to use these things they way they were meant to be used !!!

Wood was locust from one of two mature trees in our yard. The outer bark is easy to fly through, the darkened heartwood is very hard.

Okay, I have GOT to get some pics of Sierra hacking the target with her fighter now

Christof, what is the model name of the knife that KGD posted? The one that cut up all the tomatos and Magnusson tested. John

John-

That's called a Mills Pattern Field/Utility. There's a larger and smaller variant, the one Rick saw that KGD has is the larger one. Mr. Mills has ordered several knives from me up in the PNW and he sent me a rough draft of that pattern, I scultped on it with a grinder some and tuned up the contour and it's a sweet knife

Koyote Trail Knife

A couple of pics of the knife Christof made me. I took these today while I was out .
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information