Thread: Yep. Got one on the way...

Yep. Got one on the way...

ADVERTISEMENT
    I pulled the trigger (yay gift certificate!) on the BK-9 to finish out my big blade trio (BK-9, RD-9, RTAK-II). It is supposed to ship out today, so hopefully I'll see it early next week. I'm ready to put this sucker through its paces and see how it does.
    Last edited by Fletcher Knives; 12-26-2008 at 09:43 AM.

Congrats.....you won't be disapointed, the BK-9 is my favorite big blade

Quote Originally Posted by sd550 View Post
    Congrats.....you won't be disapointed, the BK-9 is my favorite big blade
    Same here. Picked one up a few years back, and it's still my favorite large blade. You won't be disappointed!

So where do I send it when I snap it, KaBar or Ethan? I know everyone always says, "it should last forever, won't break, never had a failure, etc." We'll see. I'm no Noss, but this thing is going to get the ass whippin of its life under what I consider "normal use".

Quote Originally Posted by Dylside View Post
    So where do I send it when I snap it, KaBar or Ethan? I know everyone always says, "it should last forever, won't break, never had a failure, etc." We'll see. I'm no Noss, but this thing is going to get the ass whippin of its life under what I consider "normal use".
    I'm not a Noss either, and mine has been used and abused too. Hasn't broken on me yet and I've had it for about 4 years now.
    Oh and this isn't the original sheath. My brother has a Brute and we traded
    sheaths. He liked the cordura sheath so I got the kydex one.

I love the way these look with no coating. I can see myself stripping it and polishing it before too long.

It shipped yesterday. hurry hurry hurry hurry!

Hah! I got some good laughs from this thread. First de4th's little animated sig, and then Charlie Brown. Classic.

What do you do with your knives? I mean, what is normal use for you?

First off, what is Normal use to you? I've chopped branches, split wood, dug out weeds, cut down weeds, chopped up frozen meet, split mellons and cut up veggies with mine and it just laughs at me. Thats all normal use to me. It's even handled some light prying. I've got a pry bar (1/2" Thick 15" Khukuri) for heavy prying.

That said and asked, I think you send all Warenty claims to Kabar. Now remember to post pictures when you get it.

Heber
    Heber Ellsworth
    Email: wildmanh@yahoo.com

Well fellas, it arrived yesterday, but unfortunately I was sick with a stomach virus yesterday so i didn't pick it up until this morning. Luckily, today I feel like a million bucks. The only part of a stomach virus I actually like is the day after it's over you feel awesome. At least thats how it is for me. I don't know about everyone else. I doubt I'll get a chance to take it out tonight, but tomorrow I'm only working a half day and the wife has to work all day so I'll have some "me time" to go out into the woods and test it out. Right off the bat, must say, I am very impressed with the handle shape and the general feel of the knife. I have pretty high hopes for this thing. I was plesently surprised to discover the little "extra" hidden in the pouch. I had no idea there was another little knife in there. I guess I must have missed that. The wife tried to claim the BK-13. I had to remind her that she's getting a RAT Izula soon. Anyways, I'll get back here with some pictures after the 1st.

I was plesently surprised to discover the little "extra" hidden in the pouch. I had no idea there was another little knife in there. I guess I must have missed that. The wife tried to claim the BK-13. I had to remind her that she's getting a RAT Izula soon. Anyways, I'll get back here with some pictures after the 1st.
    isn't that just typical. guy get a gift knife with the gift cert and gets a free gift BK13 from Uncle Ethan, and sure'nuff, someone wants to ungift you

say, let the wife take the BK13... you keep the RAT as the backup knife

hej heh heh

Bladite

Funny you mention a big knife trio...I have been building one of those too. Mine are a BK1, a Kershaw Outcast and a BK9.

But now that Ontario is starting to put out the Ranger line, I may have to make it a quartet with an RD9.

Dylside, please let us know how it compares to the RD9...I am eager to hear your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca View Post
    Funny you mention a big knife trio...I have been building one of those too. Mine are a BK1, a Kershaw Outcast and a BK9.

But now that Ontario is starting to put out the Ranger line, I may have to make it a quartet with an RD9.

Dylside, please let us know how it compares to the RD9...I am eager to hear your opinion.
    I will. I plan on taking the RD9, the BK9 and the RTAK-II out at the same time and doing some photojournalism style comparison stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladite
    isn't that just typical. guy get a gift knife with the gift cert and gets a free gift BK13 from Uncle Ethan, and sure'nuff, someone wants to ungift you

say, let the wife take the BK13... you keep the RAT as the backup knife

hej heh heh

Bladite
    I know right! People trying to hornswoggle me outta my new goodies before I even get them!

I already have two Izulas, one prototype and one pre-production, and I don't, or at least didn't, have a BK13, so this one is staying with me. I wonder if I could fit a few more commas in that last sentence. lol

Thread Information