Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BG-42 Knives

BG-42 Knives

ADVERTISEMENT
    I'm Interested in knives with BG-42 Blade Steel, but am having trouble finding any.. I see a couple on ebay, but nothing i'm really interested in. Anyone know where to look for BG-42 Knives? or anyone have any that they are looking to get rid of?
    Thanks

First, welcome to the forums!

second, you may want to post here and see what results you get. i am pretty sure that a basic member can post a thread there. just read the rules for it before you post to be sure.

I have one for sale in this thread. A sog recondo with BG-42 steel, medium sized fixed blade.
    Buck makes a couple bg-42 folders and spyderco makes or did make one in bg-42. I think it was the military.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=593881

What about Greg Lightfoot? He often chooses BG42 for his knives.

Yes, Spyderco Military BG42!

If you are interested in handmade folders, Tim Britton uses BG-42. His work his excellent and his prices are reasonable.

http://www.timbritton.com/

Case makes a beautiful "gentleman's" folder in BG-42; it's called the Slimlock.
    Various handle scales are available.

http://www.gpknives.com/item/case-be...-slimlock.html
    http://www.caseknifeoutlet.com/knifedetail.cfm?id=2990

Soylent Green waiting room, Ocala Florida
    Brian Tighe uses BG-42 as well.
    Dave
    "Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it." Baz Luhrmann
    "The first guy to truly think outside the box was the guy that invented the box"

I still have a CRK Sebenza and a custom hunting/skinning knife from Matt Harilstadt in BG42. They are not, and will not be for sale! I wouldn't trade them for anything made in S30V!

Hello Clint,

BG42 is a great choice in knife steels. It is harder to find now than say 5 years ago. S30V seems to have replaced it with a lot of makers. Buck does not plan to use BG-42 in the future as I understand. They used the last of their BG42 inventory for a G10/BG-42 110 folder. But its out there. Check the for sale forum here on a regular basis and someone may but one of the Custom Shop 110s with BG42 up for sale or trade. I've picked up two that way.

Of course fleabay always seems to have a few BG42 knifes from various makers for sale. Good luck.

I'm interested to see where this thread goes.I've also been interested in getting a knife in BG-42,for awhile now.

Schatt & Morgan has a couple slipjoints using it(A.G.Russel catalog,think it's the coke bottle & the barlow-I may be wrong).I'm not particularly fond of liner-locks like the Case or Military(or any LL) though.

I mostly prefer a one-handed opening knife,so the Buck 110 is not really what I'm looking for,but not totally out of the question.

I suppose the Grail Knife for what I'm looking for would be an older Sebenza with the BG-42 blade,but alas,they are very hard to find & probably extremely expensive.

Good luck on your search

I'll be checking back on this thread from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by JTR357 View Post
    Schatt & Morgan has a couple slipjoints using it(A.G.Russel catalog,think it's the coke bottle & the barlow-I may be wrong).I'm not particularly fond of liner-locks like the Case or Military(or any LL) though.
    IIRC Schatt & Morgan has never used BG-42; but A.G. Russell is using it in a few of his new slipjoints.

http://www.agrussell.com/a-g-russell...p/RUShhhUS93S/

Quote Originally Posted by rifon2 View Post
    IIRC Schatt & Morgan has never used BG-42; but A.G. Russell is using it in a few of his new slipjoints.
    The last time I checked A. G.'s web site, he still had a couple of the Bokers in BG-42 as well. They were nice looking folders, but a bit larger than I usually carry.
    Regards, Dale
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers 1879-1935
    ISEK #12

Quote Originally Posted by rifon2 View Post

http://www.agrussell.com/a-g-russell...p/RUShhhUS93S/
    Yeah,you're right.I just rechecked the catalog.The two I spoke of use ATS-34.Sorry about the mis-information.

A.G. Also offers it in the American Rider's Knife

Buck makes a limited edition Vanguard using BG-42 & Burl Wood handles.If you search around,you should be able to find one just <$100

Good Luck

I had a Buck Folder in that steel. I really liked it but I think all around, I like 154CM a bit better. I don't recall which Buck it was but it may have been a Rush.

I have one of these. (although not my photo).

Mason Dixon line off I-83 Tusker User Group #13
    Buck custom shop BG42, Spyderco Military BG42, Sebenzas with BG42 (I EDC one).

Strider used BG-42 for a limited time before switching to S30V.
    CRK used BG-42 as well.
    Spyderco made a Sprint run with CF handles in BG-42.
    Buck used BG-42 on several models.

That's it I know for "production" model knives. Several custom makers use it as well.

The problem with using it for knives, iirc, is the quanity required to order outweighing the number of knives you can make and sell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JTR357 View Post
    I suppose the Grail Knife for what I'm looking for would be an older Sebenza with the BG-42 blade,but alas,they are very hard to find & probably extremely expensive.
    Yup, but they are just SO NICE!!!

Sebbie pron!!!!!

Large Micarta double lug, and a pair of BG42 reg's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information