Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets See Some Pure Fighters

Blog Entries

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Montgomery View Post
    One by Fuad Accawi. Not mine.

[/IMG]
    NOT a fighter....it is a kard....stabbing weapon primarily used to penetrate armor....fighting weapon...not a fighter....big difference.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson
    Victory comes with the sword still in the scabbard
    The Way of the warrior is a dying art

Triple Play Fighters

Left to right:
    David Goldberg
    Norm Bardsley
    Les Voorhis
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guy's ya never disapoint some incredible blades to say the least Fancy or plain as long as the lines and integrity of the blades are good I love um all. Some diverse styles but all with the same purpose. I see some Persian influence out there but I know you guy's got some Persian style blade's out there I would love to see um. What ever influence or style I apreciate seeing different culture's fighters. Here is a real plain user by Ted at MMHW. It is ruff but it has great lines and definately some Persian influence.

Ask and you shall receive...

One of MY favorites.
    "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
    - C. S. Lewis

Avatar - "Redoubt Bowie" by E.R. Andrews II

Thanks for posting them Doug.
    Happy New Years to all
    Dave

Bud Nealy PTK designed by Kenpo knife fighting expert Michael Pick. this one is one of my favorites.

Here are 2 that I built a couple years ago.Crappy pics but you get the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not a traditional 'fighter' but if I found myself in a fight, this is the knife I'd want handy.

Buddy Thomason

World Class Custom Cutlery ~ Buddy Thomason images
    Avatar ~ custom crank case cover from 1969 Harley shovelhead chopper

Maybe a "tad" fancy but still it is a Persian fighter...and it's mine. The only fighter I own.

Marcel

Here are a couple oldies but goodies.
    The original "Vigilante Bowie" and a Sheffield Bowie in damascus with Jere Davidson engraving English Style.

Please visit my website at http://brucebumpknives.com click on my Knifedogs personal forum at:http://knifedogs.com/forumdisplay.ph...ce-Bump-Knives for hours and hours of tutorials on Knives and Cut N Shoot combinations

Thanks guys

Kevin- That stag Dean is one of the coolest knives EVER.

So many awesome knives in this thread... We need that drooling emoticon

Joe- I forgot to mention, that Shiva Ki is really something. I'd like it even better if it had a sculpted guard over the plate guard, but it really is a great looking piece.

Michael- that Smith is crazy awesome.

Don't know if these fit the size limit for fighters in this thread but the big one is a 10"+ clay hardened W2 Craig Camerer I acquired from Danbo.

The little one is a 4 1/8" W2 boot fighter from Matt Roberts.

Doug

Sorry for going off topic, Joe.

Just remembered something...

Happy Birthday, Nick !

Doug

Most of mine aren't fancy, even the customs are made to work...not to be art. I realize even the most beautiful knives here can be used for the work they were designed for I have a feeling that most see much belt time getting beat up in the woods. I look instead for well made sturdy knives I am not going to cry over if they get scratched or if the handle gets a ding. I love the looks of the more artful knivesbut I am just a more practical kind of guy I guess. Anyways here are some of mine...

Let's start with one made by a fellow forum member O'Neill. This knife with it's cord wrapped handle is very secure in the hand and is very well balance. The sheath covers about a third of the handle and is nice heavy leather.

Another forum member, Morris, made this basic fighter from a Nicholson file. It is as basic a fighting knife as can be, black micarta scales with tubes rather than pins which allows very secure lashing points. Some might consider this to be more tactical than fighter. This knife is tough as hell stout. Sheath is very heavy leather and just as stout as the knife.

Moving towards commercially made knives this AG Russell is an oldie but a goodie. It is fighter basic, double edged, textured rubber grip. This is the type of knife that a professional might own. The sheath is Kydex and made by Dozier...the Marines felt it was too expensive and opted for leather instead.

This EK is the Desert Storm double edged Model DP-6. It is a nice handful of knife tho the straight cord wrap is not my favorite. The nylon sheath offers a varity of tie downs and carry methods.

This Hattori is a well made fighter, for the price a great production fighter. The sheath is a standard design in leather.

As I said these are working knives, not made to be pretty. I will likely end up with one of the "lookers" sooner or later but these were bought with the anticipation of having to outfit family members with fixed blades should the defecation ever hit the rotary atmosphere oscillator.

Jody Samson.....RIP

Tom Maringer

Sean Kendrick

Tom Krein

Rest in Peace my friend...see you on the other side.

NRA LIFE/ENDOWMENT MEMBER

John Salley

Jason Cutter

Greg Covington

Lucas Burnley

Sean McWilliams

Rest in Peace my friend...see you on the other side.

NRA LIFE/ENDOWMENT MEMBER

Here's a Hartsfield "Choora" I owned at one time. This came from France and had been specially made for a French Legionaire.

Win

Avatar is a pair of Jimmy Fikes - a Camp and a Parang

a small fighter by kevin cashen:

best regards,
    hans

Bruce - the Vigilante Bowie is just stunningly beautiful, in either damascus or carbon.

Dawkind - love the matched pair by Jason Cutter.

Roger

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information