Page 6 of 177 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiddleback User Pics

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Hunter! Like I've said before, I'm so happy with it, I'm starting to sell off some off my other knives that I know I'm not gonna use now. This thing is a dream to work with:

This is what is left over from a button buck from this years Illinois deer season. It's the first deer I've butchered myself. I'll never go back. I'm happy to do another deer myself anytime, with my FB Hunter of course!!

Man O Man love those Hunters...
    Congrats on some good eatin

Can some one please tell me wher i can buy these knives?

Quote Originally Posted by Kjosn View Post
    Can some one please tell me wher i can buy these knives?
    Lee's cuterly, Knives ship free and here. Andy makes batches at a time and then posts them up on a thread here. Unfortunatly at the moment he is pretty busy with the machete project and I dont think that he has a lot of time for knives. Hopefully he will have a batch up soon. But he just did a batch for Lee so try over there. Knives ships Free also has a production model of the Recluse made by BRKT so if you want a custom, make sure that its a Fiddleback and not a BRKT. The makers mark is totally different. Go over there and check them out. The BRKT is a lil more affordable, since it is a production model. Here is the batch that he just shipped off to Lee. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=814895. Check out the Snubnose, one of my personal favorites.

Last edited by Kjosn; 02-03-2011 at 10:11 PM.

1- Woodsman
    2- Ladyfinger
    3- Arete (I think)

Andy makes a batch once in a while you just have to hope one of them is in it, if it is you better pull the trigger real fast

Yeah - that last one is an Arete. Whomever designed it must have been a genius.

TF

I sell my knives here at Bladeforums, and also at:

www.knivesshipfree.com
    www.leescutlery.com
    Andy Roy

It is odd seeing my old woodsman so clean, here is what it looks like today

Not very used yet...

Yep, both by Andy...

Ski

Quote Originally Posted by ohski View Post
    Not very used yet...

Yep, both by Andy...

Ski
    Is that an OD handle on the 12"?

It's black...

Ski

just some glamour shots, one slick pair if i do say so myself.

My ladyfinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Md 25v View Post

Please, no more pictures of that Snubnose! I want one so badly!!

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotashooter View Post
    Please, no more pictures of that Snubnose! I want one so badly!!
    Andy just made a couple more, first set of snubs I've seen in a long time. I think they are for an online dealer, you might get lucky if you find out where they are going.

Look what I found!

I was at the Pasadena show a few weeks ago and I always go with the thought that if something really jumps out at me, I will take it home. I had never seen a Fiddleback knife, and Lee Knives had this beauty in the case and it caught my eye. I handled it and talked to Lee about it. He told me a little Fiddleback history and said if I wanted it, I better jump, because they go fast. Well, this was the first row of tables! Better see what else is there. Several hours, and several hundred knives later I just didn't see anything that I liked better than that Fiddleback knife! So back to Lee's table and she was still there ( first day of show) Deal!
    I just can't stop handling this thing! Jumped on the forum here, and Andy's website, and feel really fortunate now that I grabbed this when I did, I am hooked. I see many more Fiddleback's in my future. Would love to find a Recluse with orange scales to be my go to backpacking knife. (Easier to find in the woods) So I think this guy will stay in Elk camp for general use, and breaking down and butchering. A little big for my taste in a carry knife for hunting, but it looks like andy has that area covered with other models. This knife has gotten me excited about knives again after getting pretty bored with what I was seeing out there.
    ( think 3/8 thick, 12" blade,recurve,camo,tactical prybar!)
    Good work Andy! Beautiful, functional, hand made, cutting tools.

Here are some pics of my CPM154 Ladyfinger. She's guardless with Paduk and black micarta.

man, what a cool post! Very glad you like my work. Please ask questions when you have them! Check out the Bushfinger.

Quote Originally Posted by dudsamoto View Post
    Look what I found!

I was at the Pasadena show a few weeks ago and I always go with the thought that if something really jumps out at me, I will take it home. I had never seen a Fiddleback knife, and Lee Knives had this beauty in the case and it caught my eye. I handled it and talked to Lee about it. He told me a little Fiddleback history and said if I wanted it, I better jump, because they go fast. Well, this was the first row of tables! Better see what else is there. Several hours, and several hundred knives later I just didn't see anything that I liked better than that Fiddleback knife! So back to Lee's table and she was still there ( first day of show) Deal!
    I just can't stop handling this thing! Jumped on the forum here, and Andy's website, and feel really fortunate now that I grabbed this when I did, I am hooked. I see many more Fiddleback's in my future. Would love to find a Recluse with orange scales to be my go to backpacking knife. (Easier to find in the woods) So I think this guy will stay in Elk camp for general use, and breaking down and butchering. A little big for my taste in a carry knife for hunting, but it looks like andy has that area covered with other models. This knife has gotten me excited about knives again after getting pretty bored with what I was seeing out there.
    ( think 3/8 thick, 12" blade,recurve,camo,tactical prybar!)
    Good work Andy! Beautiful, functional, hand made, cutting tools.
    Andy Roy

Page 6 of 177 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information