Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: SharpByCoop • Gallery of Handmade Knives

Exclamation Knife horsepower...

ADVERTISEMENT
    ... I have it!

I've been busy with a TON of work in the past couple of months with my other job. My Gallery has sat patiently idling in the street. Let's hit the accelerator...

Someone should call the cops....!

Coop
    Jim Cooper - Capturing the Artistry and Significance of Handmade Knives. • Makers: Read Post 815 AND Post 891 •
    • 2014 Website - Below • SBC on Facebook •

Adda boy

Marcel

Blade Show 2010 coming...

Here is a copy of an email I sent out to all my previous clients:

I am pleased to acknowledge our presence at the 2010 Blade Show this coming weekend: June 4, 5, 6.

‘Having your knife professionally photographed does not cost—it PAYS!’

Along with my wife Susan, I am privileged to have fellow knife collector and professional photographer Buddy Thomason joining us as staff, to help with clerical and layout advisories.

Boardroom # 1 in the outer Atrium lobby. (Next to the seminar rooms)

Hours:
    Thursday: 5pm-7pm
    Friday: 8am-7pm
    Saturday: 9am-6pm
    Sunday: 9am-1pm

We will be able to schedule pick-up and drop-off of your knives in order to maximize their table exposure.

My flexible pricing structure is unchanged from 2009. To download a Price sheet / Publication submission sheet (required if submitting to editors) please click this SAFE link:

http://www.sharpbycoop.com/blade2010_infosheet.pdf

For a glance at my recent work please enjoy browsing my online Gallery with thumbnails:

http://www.sharpbycoop.com/jalbum/

You may reach us any time before and during the show via my cell phone: 203-644-4500

We appreciate your willingness to work with us, as always. We will do OUR best to make it easy and successful for you!

Jim ‘Coop’ Cooper and the SBC staff
    I am working today on preparation for our trip and the show. Here is a preview of the posters you will see:

Lastly, I am delivering a couple of knives to a client whose knives you may recognize quickly. (From across the hall.... )

Please feel free to stop and say "Hi". I'll be the one my staff will be guarding to avoid this friendly distraction....

Coop
    Jim Cooper - Capturing the Artistry and Significance of Handmade Knives. • Makers: Read Post 815 AND Post 891 •

Time for a "thank you" for doing all this, Coop! We get lotsa pleasure out of it.

Best,

Bob
    "Avatar - Roman Dagger by Curt Erickson"

‘Having your knife professionally photographed does not cost—it PAYS!'
    Coop I agree 100% with your statement above.

Thanks for posting these great images.

It must be tough to see so many super knives evert day.

Jim Treacy

My Collection & Available Knives: http://jjtjr.fototime.com/welcome

Spectacular knives. I now have a new favorite Moran.

Roger

The knives are stunning...........

But I get the feeling Coop could make a common house brick look desirable.

Great work from all the makers and the photographer.

That Moran is outstanding.... just wow. My new favorite Moran knife.

Thanks guys. That Moran has more appeal than I was aware of. Not too surprising.

In a similar vein and style, and with the help of fellow CKCA member Larry Bailey, he has offered to me to bring an extra display cabinet to the Blade Show. If you have a moment, please come by our room to look at my collection of Hill Pearce knives in person.

I think you may find them appealing.

Off to the road in an hour. See you there!

Jim and and Susan Cooper

very beautiful knives indeed. you guys are incredibly creative and skillful! such an honor for me to see these superb pieces.

Thumbs up

I'm writing from a hotel room in NC on driveback from Atlanta (Blade Show). Susan, Buddy, and I had a great show in terms of volume, and I am reeling from the workload from (4) days of shooting, and what lays ahead.

We enjoyed every single handshake from makers, collectors and significant others. What a time to enjoy 'face time'. Pardon me for not naming names. I am certain I'll omit someone special.

My Hill Pearce collection was displayed magnificently, with HUGE thanks to fellow CKCA member Larry Bailey. These knives were handled by many a knowlegeable maker, and the long whistling sound I heard was evident in their admiration.

The knives brought to us were nothing short of spectacular, and I was fortunate to shoot at least (5) sets of JS/MS knives.

I wish I could allow that I walked in the show hall even once. No way, Ray. I was tethered to my laptop, light tent and camera every day with patient makers willing to have us work with them.

As you know, news when I do.

A shout out to STeven Garson for orchestrating a private dinner for 12, which brought out the best in friendships between us, and discussion of our knife passions. We are feeling progress in the State of the Custom Knife.

See you all soon.

Coop

that sounds outstanding, Coop!

Coop,

It was nice to see you, Susan and Buddy. I hope that you get a little time to relax.

It was really nice to see your Hill Pearce collection in person. He made some great knives.

Jim Treacy

My Collection & Available Knives: http://jjtjr.fototime.com/welcome

Love it.

Hi Friends,

It's been a while since I've posted in my Gallery thread, but it's mainly because I spent so much time in June getting work done from the Blade Show.

Let me catch up and allow that the Blade Show 2010 was wonderful to be a part of, and to offer visuals to support this.

Click the image below to visit my standalone Blade Show thread with around 100 more images!

Of course the studio work goes nuts after Blade with dealers who acquired pieces which find their way to my studio. I've been so busy for a month that this holiday weekend comes as a needed relief.

I've also been finishing 20+ images for the upcoming Boston Art Knife Classic catalog. Good news/bad news: Incredible knives! , Not to be seen until Show time....

I will post some goodies in the next day or so. Right now a BBQ and fireworks are calling me....

Coop

Dang man! This is the best looking thread ever!

Hi Friends,

I am sorry that I haven't posted much new lately. It's been a whirlwind of work for me, but 95% of it has been dealer knives since the Blade Show. You''ve seen the portfolio shots: RJ Martin, Warenski's Main gauche, Andrews, Artisans of Cutlery, and a few others.

For the first time in 8 years my family is taking a two-week vacation: I am typing in the middle of the Atlantic from the 'Enchantement of the Seas' cruise liner. (Dial-up is fun.... )

Subsequently, I won't be back in my studio till Aug 8th. PLEASE do not send anything my way now, or expect work immediately upon return. I am already behind.

Much appreciation and understanding. Thanks!

Coop (Who's going to get dressed for the Captain's Formal Dinner now..... )

Beautiful knives!
    Last edited by Frontiersman101; 08-05-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Beautiful knives!

GREAT stuff and congrats on the cruise Coop! Hope you and the family have a great trip and i'll be looking forward to seeing some pictures after you return and recover from "post vacation blues".

Peter

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread Information