Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: SharpByCoop • Gallery of Handmade Knives

ADVERTISEMENT
    Thanks Coop for your continuous updating of this thread with beautiful images.

I just need to remember to check it every few days. Though stickies are meant to keep subjects in front of us they are very easily overlooked.
    Last edited by Kevin Jones; 02-07-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Click on logos for info
    My Collection & Available Knives: http://www.kevinjonescustomknives.com/

Thanks Kevin. If you pay attention to whether the post is read or not (by the title being bold on your monitor screen, identified by your set of cookies), you will always see if there is an update.

Not necessarily if the end poster is still the same. That might be me with yet another post.

I have been watching the 'Views' and even with few comments the views increase daily. (I never said one should not post in this thread. In fact aren't we about discussion?)

Thank you!

Coop
    Jim Cooper - Capturing the Artistry and Significance of Handmade Knives. • Makers: Read Post 815 AND Post 891 •
    • 2014 Website - Below • SBC on Facebook •

Wow, Custom Knife Overload! I must remember to check this thread!!!

Thanks, Coop!
    Don
    www.sunfishforge.com

2014 Fisk Micro Show Oct 10-12; Jerry Fisk, John White, JR Cook, Don Hanson III
    Member CKCA, ABS

Coop, have you ever thought about putting together some of your favorite pictures along with some anecdotes in a book? You should.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Hanson III View Post
    Wow, Custom Knife Overload! I must remember to check this thread!!!

Thanks, Coop!
    Just add this thread to your subscribed threads. That's what I did. Email notification with every new post

Quote Originally Posted by kamkazmoto View Post
    Coop, have you ever thought about putting together some of your favorite pictures along with some anecdotes in a book? You should.
    I suggested that last year... I second this ! Coop's photos deserve to get printed, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by kamkazmoto View Post
    Thanks for the support on this. Of course I have. I have enough images to fill five books.

That said, what makes for a compelling read are not just clear photos. It's about capturing trends, likenesses, variety, classics, great examples, and obscure pieces. And more.

Last year my 'part-time' job (photography) exceeded my full-time in hours. I laughingly state I have (2) full-time jobs. I do!

To spend the time on a book and write about the entries is simply an undertaking I cannot make time for easily. It's a skill set that I would have to develop (Having decent photographs does not make one a decent editor).

My family has been shortchanged in my working absence and I am not so sure I want another year of forced workload. So, I am rambling, but you see why I am hesitant.

That said, there ARE good quality, low-volume publishing sites for photographers, which offer desktop software to create display formats and areas for text. If I choose to spend time on this, I would start with this method.

In the meantime, I will just archive all my hi-res files while I consider that opportunity.

Coop
    Jim Cooper - Capturing the Artistry and Significance of Handmade Knives. • Makers: Read Post 815 AND Post 891 •

Man Coop. You sure can shoot. What a fine collection of knives to have handled.

Brend, Khalsa, Schuette

I don't care who you are--these Brends are impressive!

Jot Khalsa remains true to his Sikh heritage and is offering this classic in a less-fancy modern rendition.

Chuck Schuette is from Maryland. That said, this should give you the clues for the intention of this different tool. It's the fifth in his series.

Let me know.

Coop

Quote Originally Posted by SharpByCoop View Post
    I don't care who you are--these Brends are impressive!

For me the left one made in the same materials as the middle one.

Impressive indeed.

Kind regards,

Jos

Chuck Schuette is from Maryland. That said, this should give you the clues for the intention of this different tool. It's the fifth in his series.

Let me know.

Coop
    Well since Chuck's from Maryland, I expect he calls it a "crab knife", however I would call it an "oyster shucking knife". Would be suitable for either.

Click on logos for info

Those Brends ARE impressive! Thanks for sharing all the diverse work that goes through your hands, Coop. Always a joy!

- Joe
    "If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're misinformed." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jones View Post
    Well since Chuck's from Maryland, I expect he calls it a "crab knife", however I would call it an "oyster shucking knife". Would be suitable for either.
    DING! We have a winner.

That's exactly what it is. The great Chesapeake Bay dominates much of the Maryland coastline.

Coop

That tight ladder damascus really accentuates the aggresive grind on that middle Brend. Impressive indeed.

Roger

Thumbs up Stan Fujisaka - Legendary.

I hear he is not in great health.

This particular folder has been in my collection for years. It was time to reshoot it. Mark Zalesky (Editor/Knife World) asked for any of Stan's work, as he is doing an article on him soon.

Since it was mine, I decided to jazz it up with more color.

There is no maker who's knife opens and closes with such ease. One of his hallmarks in a gent's folder.

Coop

I like that colorful background, Coop. Looks good.

I hear he is not in great health.

This particular folder has been in my collection for years. It was time to reshoot it. Mark Zalesky (Editor/Knife World) asked for any of Stan's work, as he is doing an article on him soon.

Since it was mine, I decided to jazz it up with more color.

There is no maker who's knife opens and closes with such ease. One of his hallmarks in a gent's folder.

Coop
    Coop, what's the handle material? I ask as it seems it could one of several.

Click on logos for info

Hi Kevin. I don't know. It's a lovely ivory of some form. It's been years, and I did not take good notes.

Coop

Lets call it Woolly Walrus.

That background is SWEET. I also like the vertical look of the picture. I've always liked Stan's knives too.

Those Brends ROCK! and the Fujisaka is a sweet looking knife too. Looks like mammoth ivory to me.

Peter

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information