Thread: Pictures of knifekits 3D Micarta (black/red and black/blue)?

Pictures of knifekits 3D Micarta (black/red and black/blue)?

ADVERTISEMENT
    I have 2 knives that are ready to be drilled, HT, and have scales put on. Two more I need to profile and grind. It's time I started shopping for some micarta.

I like plain canvas and linen micarta, but the other day I was on knifekits site and saw their black/red linen micarta and black/blue linen micarta.

I found a Krein knife with a black/red micarta and thought it looked pretty nice and subtle.

It's something I may want to try out, but I'd like to see some more pictures of it if possible. Thanks!

I don't use their stuff, but here's some of mine.
    Not quite finished with this one.

woodland camo

I just finished a set of winter camo's last night. Test pieces look AWESOME!

Off the top of my head, sitting on the shelf right now I've got red/black, green/black, white/black, tan/black, blue/black, purple/black etc. bunch others including solids. I've also got about $500 in exotic woods ready to go, but I've been on a micarta knife kick for a while now It's just fun to work with. Messy, but I love the results.
    Last edited by indy; 02-04-2009 at 02:35 PM.

One of these days, I'll experiment with my own linen, but I just don't have the time right now. I'd like to go with the red/black or blue black micarta, but I just don't want it to loud.

I may just have to try it and see what happens.

I am very pleased with the blue/black G10 that I purchased from Sheffield Supply last year.

Personally, I like it better than the looks of that linen micarta.

Mike L.

my neighbor has some blue/black G-10 and cut a set of .45 grips i saw tonight, and the blue/black combo on a stainless kimber was outstanding! i need to get some for a knife! his came from Jantz

Thanks guys. I've seen some blue/black g-10 out there, but never linen micarta. I think I'm going to just experiment and pick up both the blue and red set for $13 a piece.

It looks like Knife Kits's g10 is layered unevenly to me. Not that thats a bad thing, but it will look a little funkier than logem's knife If im right, although it may just be sanded weirdly. personally I'd like it more if it was a little less uniform.
    But yeah, its cool stuff. I've used blue/black, and Turquoise/Grey/Black micarta that i really liked, but that red is nice.
    Last edited by Munky88; 02-05-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Thread Information