Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buck 651 intruder pig sticker

Buck 651 intruder pig sticker

ADVERTISEMENT
    Does anyone have any info on this blade? I aquired one of these recently and haven't found too much on it other than it's an odd ball made for someone in New Zealand....(?). The blade is quite large (about 13 inches long) and is very similar to the BlackHawk.

I received the following info from a fella in regards to this knife;

The info we have is that this is Buck Knives largest ever-regular production military knife! Period. With a full 13 inches over all length this is one massive to quote Crocodile Dundee “Now that’s a knife” Tactical knife by Buck!Very fitting as this knife was made and Named the Intruder “Pig Sticker”, these were contracted from Buck by an Australian company. The amount ordered I think 300 or so was sent to them and a few over run were left for replacements. Also it was stated that a New Zealand company has since then bought every last one that was left and they are now ALL down under! ..During the few months between the two delivers it seems that some members of the Buck (knife) Collectors Club {BCCI} got wind of a Huge Military Tactical Knife made for a foreign market and NOT for retail sale in the USA Some few of these Buck Knife Collectors and Buck employees were able to order one or two of these rare ‘extra’ knives for themselves during the short time between the two deliveries! As word spread many of the Buck and military knife collectors are upset at not hearing of this knife sooner as they are now all gone! Rare? Well HECK Yes!!! These huge Pig Stickers are known to be in the hands of less then 40 or so lucky USA collectors! YES - it is estimated there are LESS then three dozen of these knives, snatched by collectors, remaining in the Country at this time. And here are ONE of them for sale. You now have a chance to own one of these rare knives. We do say that YOU will most likely not have another chance for a long time to own one. Most of the collectors we know are hording the extra ones they now have. This knife has one of the the thickest blades we have ever seen on a Buck Knife. It fits our hands very well and has a fantastic tactical grip non slip OD green and black grip. The large Buck 120 black handle knife, Buckmaster 184 all metal knives are not part of this sale, they are for comparison only. The sheath has a built in upper leg tie down adjustable strap for worry free movement during carry … yet it releases and draws from the sheath with ease for use. It is hair popping razor edge sharp. It is not for sale to any not old enough to own one were they live.

I dunno...it's an elusive blade as far as defined info!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wolfjohn; 02-28-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: update

Wolf, This knife was discussed here back in the first quarter of 2008 as thats when some of those became available at the Buck factory.Yes, I do remember reading those were made for someone in Australia/New Zealand back then but not much else.Keep checking as someone with more knowledge on this subject will come along.For several here were excited about this model and bought them.DM

I believe the thing we wanted to know most, was how many were made, and how many were sold here in the US.

I don't believe we ever got a definitive answer.

If you know exactly how many knives and guns you have, then you don't have enough!

BCCI Life, NRA Life Endowment, TSRA Life Benefactor

I got one and in my looking into it, this is what I remember finding out.
    400 where originally produced for an Australian Sporting Goods/Retail outfit as a special order, but they eventually only took 250. After which a New Zealand outfit took a partial shipment of the remaining 150 but not all. Rumor had the amount that Buck eventually sold in the USA totaled around 40.

I would expect a lot of those from Down Under to drift back this way over time...

The knife, if kept in MIB condition will probably be somewhat collectable over time but that's just my 2cents. The price has steadily been dropping since the first rush at them.

Goose likes digging up gofer holes with his…I’m just not sure what to do with a bayonet style knife. I guess I’m ready if I find myself in the middle of all out Trench Warfare.

I got mine new-in-a-box off the bay for $48.50 with $8.65 shipping. Wolfjohn, there was a thread where someone was trying to get a count of ones sold on the bay. I bought one and a guy at work bought one. There is some information in that thread and one before when the knives were sold by Buck.

The 'Pigsticker' I think has the longest standard production blade Buck ever made...Mabe a few custom ordered 120's or 124's had longer blades..I had one and gave it to my son I might git it back!

I am not a "gold member" yet so can someone show this picture for me. http://edbeau.multiply.com/photos/album/3/Buck_Knives#6

Here you go Edbeau:

Thanks -I appreciate the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfjohn View Post
    I received the following info from a fella in regards to this knife;
    Hey Wolf, that info sounds like a "wonderful" ebay seller trying to talk up his item. There were more than a few dozen sold in the states. But I guess if a seller types it online it must be true (LOL)

Values went up for awhile, but quickly came back down to earth. I had 2 and used one of 'em. Sold 'em both cheap. To each his own I guess! Enjoy it!

I would email Joe Houser, he'll have better info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by postfallsidaho; 02-28-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: fixed quote [/quote]

Boy, you hit that one on the head...he followed up his first email with a second one saying he has one listed on Fleabay "Cheap"....I found the description from a website he "borrowed" too...(XDGuys)...I'm sure they didn't appreciate that.

Not really looking for a "collector"....I plan to use it- sure is a stout son-ofa-gun though!
    I might need to travel the 1 hour to Spokane and nose around Post Falls for more sharp toys now...

here is a pict that is of topol's black knives which is the best i have seen for comparing the nighthawks. hope he dont mind..

there is also a tanto version not shown
    i had one sold it and wish i had another for a user..
    Last edited by 110 Dave; 02-28-2009 at 07:01 PM.

I don't remember when I bought my first one, but it was close to a year ago. There are still a handful listed on there, and new ones listed every week. Thats alot more that a few dozen in the states!! I used mine to chop up a 2X4 and a Xmas tree. It worked well, but it wasnt for me I guess! They may be collectible someday, but still not like the Buckmaster (IMHO) YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by postfallsidaho View Post
    ! They may be collectible someday, but still not like the Buckmaster (IMHO) YMMV
    Yep i agree the buck master rules!
    wish i had not sold the one i had..
    but i only collect the 110 ..
    well..... at least i try to only collect the 110
    both 184 and 651 were sold to get pricey 110's..

Quote Originally Posted by edbeau View Post
    SWEET! An UNcoated 653 Tanto! Nice knives gentlemen!!

Ok...pencill eraser out.....new item on the Christmas list....Tanto 653.....let's see, that brings the total of Buck knives on my list to uh.......uhh....man....so many "zero's"......!!

Thanks fellas, your post helped me out....now, I will go to another thread and ask about another unique one that I got along with the 651 ....A red/black mirror polished blade Tempest.

When I found the 653 on the bay I picked it up for $32.55 including shipping. It had been rode hard and took a lot of days on the Lansky to get an edge back. It was covered with paint. The blade looked like someone dunked it in a paint can. I haven't seen too many on the bay. I think it was a limited run. Mine is a 1997.

The first few for sale from a dealer went for 45.00 or so... he didnt know what he had later he asked over 100.00 and made a few sales at that level..Highest price was over 200.00 [one sale] The few selling recently go for 80.00 90.00..I like it! It's a BIG Buck!

Because I have a 651, I also have been watching the ones on the bay. What you say, bucksway, is the way it has been going. Like I said mine was 48.50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information