Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kiahdex Picture Thread

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiah View Post

Yo K-I-ah, what blade is that at the bottom, with the purdy wood? Is it a Helle Eggen? I'd love to know what you think of the handle size (vs something like the Mora 2000 or 510). I've always wanted one and never picked one up for some reason.

Dear Mr. SpokeyPickleero, your question has been submitted to our research department and should receive a response in 6-8 weeks.

Unless my memory is completely shot, which is fairly likely, that is a Karesuando. I forget the model. Handle was very nicely contoured and a nice size. Not nearly as secure as a 2000, but more comfortable IMO.

Haha, thanks for the info ya hateful bastid!

Kiah Kydex H-Carry Sheath for Bark River Micro

I mailed off one of my fave little fixed blades of all time to Kiah a while back asking him to see about making me a custom fit kydex horizontal carry sheath for it. I've really enjoyed this little knife since buying it and would have had it on me more often with a better more convenient way to carry it than the leather that came with it. I had for a time set up the leather sheath that came with this knife so I could mount it on my belt and carry the blade but when the leather stretched out and the knife started falling out I knew that was not going to work any longer.

Shown here is Kiah's cure for my problems. Not only does this sheath fit the blade and hold it very well but he incorporated a very neat feature in this so it actually tucks the handle in on your belt for where I carry it. With other sheaths I've owned in the past I've noted how yeah, they were horizontal carry but the handle was forced out so you could actually see it poking out from under your shirt. This one does not do that and there is no worry of the blade coming out accidentally. Its a very nice snug tight fit yet easy to pull out when you need it. I don't know if you can appreciate the thickness of this sheath but this is thicker kydex than any other sheath I've ever had made. The one I had done for my North American Black Widow revolver is paper thin by comparison and yet it cost more! Go figure.

Kiah I thank you for your work here. I'm very pleased with the purchase and shown here is some shots of it on my belt as well as some of my other carry companions on most days, my Swiss Tool by Victorinox and my 32 auto Seecamp pistol.

STR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    STR's Blog & contact info

I make no apologies for being unable to maintain a monogamous relationship with a folding knife!

came out very nice.good thinking to angle the sheath into your torso,its more discreet.im whating on a sheath from kiah now.will post pics when i get it.

major cool kydex by KIAH

got my sheath in the mail today.it is top notch.fit and finish are oerfect.its for my harkins fighter.kiahs work is awesome.i hope you guys like the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are a couple pics of my Bark River Colonial Patch knife and the sheath that Kiah worked up for it. Sorry about the crappy webcam pics.

In use at Anza Borrego State Park last weekend. Clips easily to the shoulder strap of my Maxpedition Malaga. Carried in upside down position all day and held perfectly tight.

Excellent work!

Nice!

Glad you like it Russ, 'cause I put one in the box with your lighter sheath before dropping it off.
    Whaaaat! You have a PM, bud!

excellent

When I get the carbon allround, it'll be even better.
    Last edited by HikingMano; 07-16-2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: new pic link

Is there any orange kydex

There is. In fact, Kiah just made me a kick-ass machete rig in orange, have yet to get pics up here.

Just a quick shot, will put up a few more later.

Fiskars 14" Hatchet
    Mora Allround
    Condor 14" El Salvador Machete

Forgive the color, will get better ones when lighting conditions are better.

A few more pics:

The machete and rig is the newest. A Victorinox Paring Knife is piggybacked. Kiah included several mounting options: pack strap / shoulder strap (shown), drop loop with several heights, short loop, drop-leg buckle. I'll do a review on the whole kaboodle once I've used it all for a while.

Amazing looking sheaths. I would like to get my hands on a couple

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information