Thread: FOR SALE: Hex bit Strider Spanners

Smile F/S: Hex bit Strider SnG SMF spanner wrench tools

ADVERTISEMENT
    The new Strider spanners are finally done. Made from hardened and double tempered S7 tool steel. These fit into any ¼" bit screwdriver. My centering pin design keeps the spanner from slipping out and scratching the knife scale. These are designed for function, not for show, and work GREAT! These have received rave reviews elsewhere and now available on BFC. I designed this for the SnG but it fits all full size Strider pivots (SnG, SMF, AR, RCC, GB, XL etc.) wont fit the Hinderer XM 18 (or XM 24) pivot or the small PT Strider.

Please EMAIL to order one, no need to post here or PM, this works best for me and I will sell them in order of date emails received. Price is $25 + $2 shipping in USA. These are shipped U.S. Postal Service with Delivery Confirmation. Contact me for shipping outside USA. I can accept PayPal if you have a PayPal CONFIRMED address. (No additional PayPal fees). I also accept (and prefer) Postal Money Orders (available at any U.S. Post Office). Email for M.O. mailing address, Thanks
    UPDATE: I now also have a nicer "deluxe" version of this tool, scroll down page a little for pix and info. I also have a double ended spanner key wrench that fits Strider and Hinderer *HERE*

Last edited by PSD; 07-24-2009 at 01:29 PM. Reason: update info

Brilliant tool. Good luck!

Coop
    Jim Cooper - Capturing the Artistry and Significance of Handmade Knives. • Makers: Read Post 815 AND Post 891
    • 2014 Website - Below • SBC on Facebook

I just got one of these. All I can say is, brilliant tool, executed very well in great materials.

I now have a newer version of this tool available. This spanner is same as the other one except for the following upgrades:
    * Made from hardened and twice tempered 440C stainless blade steel.
    * Has an easily removable split ring so you can carry it on a keychain.
    * Has a T-10 torx tip on the end of the centering pin.

These 'deluxe' tools are $32 each + $2 for shipping. Shipping price is per package, not per tool, so if you ordered 2 of these shipping would still be $2 total. (The 'economy' version is still available for $25 + $2 shipping)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PSD; 03-23-2009 at 01:36 PM.

email order sent

emailed your attached address, would like to order this item. Ruff Cobb

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Excellent tool, finished extremely well.

Recieved one of the Deluxe models yesterday for my AR. This may be the nicest bit for a bit driver that I've never handled. A lot of attention and time went into these things. Worked like a charm and is a must if you own a Strider folder.

message sent id like to purchase one

WTB Strider pivot tool for a Gen 1 Strider SMF

Quote Originally Posted by Autoelite View Post
    I now have a newer version of this tool available. This spanner is same as the other one except for the following upgrades:
    * Made from hardened and twice tempered 440C stainless blade steel.
    * Has an easily removable split ring so you can carry it on a keychain.
    * Has a T-10 torx tip on the end of the centering pin.

These 'deluxe' tools are $32 each + $2 for shipping. Shipping price is per package, not per tool, so if you ordered 2 of these shipping would still be $2 total. (The 'economy' version is still available for $25 + $2 shipping)

I need a spanner tool for a Gen 1 Strider SMF.I've heard they are a slightly different size than the newer ones.Thanks.

Do you make any that will fit the gen3 3" blade xm18s?

I make a tool that fits the standard Hinderer HERE
    THANKS

hello. Do you make one to fit the strider PT?

No, never made a tool for the PT. I think you can use a regular screwdriver though. Thanks

When using this tool, do you need to insert a hex key on the opposite side too?
    Last edited by noway; 12-21-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PSD View Post
    No, never made a tool for the PT. I think you can use a regular screwdriver though. Thanks
    IIRC, the non-hex side (with the flat tip screwdriver opening) is splined into the G-10; so only a hex drive is required (except for the new 3 hole pivot).

Quote Originally Posted by noway View Post
    When using this tool, do you need to insert a hex key on the opposite side too?
    Yes. I usually use the PSD tool to hold that side and turn the hex drive side.

Bump: Just wanted to let people know that these were sold out for a while but I have a new batch of deluxe spanner tools done and ready to ship, Thanks

Bump: These have been sold out for a while but I just mailed out new ones to Monkey Edge and Blade HQ. Thanks

Very nice! Do you happen to know what size Torx to fit the Hinderer LockBar Stabilizer bolt on a Strider SMF? I'm going to go with T7.
    Last edited by Gritter; 03-03-2012 at 05:44 PM.

No sorry, I dont currently have one so cant measure. The torx on body screws is T-10.

Thread Information