Thread: RC-3 or RC-4 for IWB carry?

RC-3 or RC-4 for IWB carry?

ADVERTISEMENT
    I've been looking for a smaller fixed blade knife for occasional IWB and belt carry for a long time.

My first attempt was a Cold Steel Kobun that I got a long time ago. It's a long knife, but it fit just fine IWB, the problem is that the sheath it came with is terrible, and the belt clip is not reversable.

My second try was a smaller Knife, the Blackhawk kalista. Great knife, feels great in the hand, in any grip, but it was too small for IWB. The small 2" blade length doesn't allow enough leverage to push the handle into my side, causing the handle to stick out at an angle and print badly. It does fit fine in some of my front pockets, but not all of them.

I've decided to try either an RC-3 or RC-4 next. I know that there is a belt clip available for the RC-3 sheath, but is there one available for the RC-4, or will the same clip work?

Also, does anyone carry one of these knives daily, inside the waistband or otherwise?

rc3 my EDC iwb
    i have a rc-4 but the blade is a little to long for me when i sit to have it iwb

I think that either will work.

The clip does work on the RC-4, but does not come with it. It does come with the RC-3.

It is also available separately.

I carry my RC-3 pretty often, using the clip. I like to put it inside the belt, but outside the pants. It is comfortable, and goes on and off very easily.

Either choice would be fine.

Although I always favor the RC-4, I don't think it would be as comfortable for IWB. Go with the RC-3MIL.

I carry my RC-3 on a daily basis, I don't have any problems with it.

Thanks for the input guys, I will be placing an order for an RC-3 later this weekend.

I've been looking around, and it looks like they're available with a tan kydex sheath, but molded plastic black sheaths are available. Any idea where I could get the knife with a black kydex sheath and save a few dollars?

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have the tan sheath setup for belt carry and the kydex setup with the belt clip, so I don't have to mess with anything when I go back and forth...

It saves you time to have two sheaths if possible.

Thread Information