Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best EDC for under $40???

Best EDC for under $40???

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hey.. wondering what you guys think is the best every day carry knife for under or around $40?? Thanks.

byrds, boker subcom/keycom/trance, tenacious, ka-bar doziers, BM monochrome, pikas, kershaw skyline, ontario rat folder 1

Buck 110 from WW.

Spyderco Tenacious or any Byrd
    Kershaw Leek/Storm/JYD/Needs Work/Zing
    Benchmade Monochrome/Pika
    -Aaron

Spyderco Tenacious for me!
    nice chatting with you...take care of yourself...

Boker Trance.

Quote Originally Posted by chocochoco View Post
    byrds, boker subcom/keycom/trance, tenacious, ka-bar doziers, BM monochrome, pikas, kershaw skyline, ontario rat folder 1
    I'd like to add:

Böker Hyper
    CRKT Drifter
    Victorinox whatever
    Buck Nobleman
    Kershaw Needs Work
    Blade-Tech Ganyana lite
    Browning Ice storm

+1 on the kabar dozier, and whislt I have never had one, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Spyderco Tenacious. I think pretty much every review I have watched/read was glowing.

What do you guys think about the Kershaw O SO Sweet??

+1 for the Boker Trance, especially the drop point version. Best bang for buck I've handled for a long time, and it's carried in preference to folders from BM and Spyderco and Buck - great compromise of concealability and great ergonomics, all for less than $30

Haven't had any experience with that knife in particular, but Kershaw makes a great blade at a great price. Right around the $40 range, you could pick up a Leek, or a Needs Work, both of which I have and love, and if I'm not mistaken, wally world is carrying Kershaws for even less now. Definitely something to look into.

You said "around" $40; I assume anything under $50 will be considered. In that case Buck Vantage Pro (S30V steel) and Browning Ice Storm (VG-10 steel) will be the best value.

If you absolutely can't go over $40, any of the knives mentioned in previous posts will serve you well.
    Last edited by Sep; 05-14-2009 at 07:38 AM.

Under $50 - +1 for Buck Vantage Pro

Under $40 - +1 for Spyderco Tenacious

Well, everyone needs a Victorinox SAK. Lots of them are under $40.

Spyderco Native is the best knife for $40. But I'm not under 40...

Spyderco Native or Tenacious, Byrd Cara Cara, Kershaw Scallion.

The byrd Cara Cara G10 makes a fantastic edc. Its way less then $40, strong, has decent steel, good ergonomics, decent fit and finish. Basically a little tank for the less then the price of a tank of gas.

Buck 110 gets my vote. There are lots and lots and lots of great blades out there in the sub $40 range depending on what you need. A nice SAK, locking or not, might be the best bang for your buck when it comes to a knife that can do real work with real dedicated tools. The one-hand Trekker gets a lot of love. My go-to SAK tends to waffle between the very stout Farmer and the very practical Climber.

If you are looking for a heavy duty classic folder, I still have to say the Buck 110. Generally under 30 dollars, classic design, great materials, great warranty, and can take some real abuse. I've seen my father do things to his that would make a lot of us knife knuts wince and break out into a cold sweat. scraping, light prying, etc. Heck, I've seen my old man use it to turn a screw in a pinch then flip it over and use it as a hammer. I buy him a new one about every 5 years for his birthday. It's not because the other ones are worn out...I just think they they deserve a nice retirement after such a rough work life
    Jake
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh yeah, the byrd pictured would be an awsome choice too. Any byrd for that matter, they are a more budget oriented line owned by Spyderco. Still excellent quality though, I am a big fan of the Byrd line.

Quote Originally Posted by Planterz View Post
    Spyderco Tenacious or any Byrd
    Kershaw Leek/Storm/JYD/Needs Work/Zing
    Benchmade Monochrome/Pika
    the spy tenacious rocks....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information