Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Any news and pics?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,573

    Any news and pics?


    ADVERTISEMENT
    Does anyone who is attending Blade have anything about new Becker stuff for those of us who couldn't make it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Rush NY
    Posts
    362
    Good call!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    RAT Pack #24, Beckerhead #44, Florida
    Posts
    1,619
    I was wondering when we would see some pics.

    I wanna see the new scales!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,573
    We all want to see the new scales, and any other surprises Mr. Becker has for us! Please, somebody, post some pic's ... expiring minds want to know!

    Maybe nobody made it home where they could post yet, or they were captured by space aliens and can't post from outer space. Sure, I'll bet that's it. Aliens ... gotta be.
    Last edited by dawsonbob; 05-31-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Add

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    RAT Pack #24, Beckerhead #44, Florida
    Posts
    1,619
    Maybe the RAT girls kept everyone busy....drooling!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc85 View Post
    Maybe the RAT girls kept everyone busy....drooling!
    Yeah, I could see that. They could hold a man captive and make them forget all about posting pictures of the Becker's ... or anything else. Unfortunately, at my age I've become invisible to women, but they certainly haven't become invisible to me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Beckerhead #4
    Posts
    14,810
    yup. there were new scales, for the big line, and prototypes too! in colors! CNC'ed and lovely. all the programming is done, eh?

    also some handles for the BK-11s. they look sharp, and are going to be very nice.

    i myself bought some of the new micarta ones, and got them signed by Ethan

    many many many pictures and surprises coming

    oh, they had 150-190 clean, sharp, and engraved 2009 LAST OF BATCH of the BK-77 - the extreme version of the BK-07 Combat Utility. they come with the new micarta grips, AND the improved sheath with special spot for the BK-13 Remora. HOT HOT HOT. heck, the show price was HOT HOT HOT. i'm so glad i got one.

    and pictures! yes, many pictures! also of the RAT booth ;] ;} ;>

    and after seeing the KaBar/LaserLyte Pistol Bayonet... i want to see a special rail adapter for the BK-11s. can be done. WILL be done if i have to do it myself

    KaBar was also kind enough to sell me a user BK-03 TacTool. the price, well, you had to be there. i always wanted a pre-used beater for the car :> yay!

    and well, gosh. the Beckers sold at the booth VERY well, a few extremes that i know about, all the neckers, i think all or most of the campanions, several tactools, not sure how many combat models. LOTS. less to carry home for those guys.

    hopefully, my mule will be shipping me my stuff autographed by Ethan himself too :> well, the extreme anyway. seems a right pretty thing to do for a last of a kind collectible.

    i believe Ethan saw more stuff he made, that he forgot he made, at that show, than ever before. i managed to show up with a leather sheath, one of the very first runs of sheaths for the MachAx. neat stuff. another gent came buy with a MachAx Warrior. you just don't SEE these items anymore.

    can't wait for the new stuff coming out.


    Bladite

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,573
    You're my new hero, Bladite! Finally a report, and a glowing one, at that. Can't wait for the pictures. Any idea of the timetables for the new stuff (whips out plastic in anticipation)?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Beckerhead #4
    Posts
    14,810
    Quote Originally Posted by dawsonbob View Post
    You're my new hero, Bladite! Finally a report, and a glowing one, at that. Can't wait for the pictures. Any idea of the timetables for the new stuff (whips out plastic in anticipation)?
    you can buy the limited run, er, less than 140 now? BK-77s. that's all. forever. they'll probably triple in value, due to Crucible's issues with the S30V maybe

    large micarta handles? now/soon. $40? buy!

    other stuff. you just have to wait, because they have to send me 100 of each first got to keep collector dude happy ;>


    Bladite

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladite View Post
    you can buy the limited run, er, less than 140 now? BK-77s. that's all. forever. they'll probably triple in value, due to Crucible's issues with the S30V maybe

    large micarta handles? now/soon. $40? buy!

    other stuff. you just have to wait, because they have to send me 100 of each first got to keep collector dude happy ;>


    Bladite
    I can't afford the BK-77's -- they're way beyond my budget (I'm on a small pension). I'm interested in the full size micarta handles, but even more interested in the handles for the BK-11. I think the BK-11 with a decent handle would be an even better knife than it is now.

    I don't see anything on Ka-Bar's site so far, but I'll keep looking. I hope you get your hundreds quickly, so the rest of us can have a shot at them.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,573
    Anyone had time to edit their Blade show Becker pics for posting yet?

    I don't mean to sound anxious ... but I am. The suspense is killing me.

  12. #12

    BK77 From Blade Show

    This little puppy is mighty fine. S30V, new micarta scales and a nice tumbled polish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowbob8 View Post
    This little puppy is mighty fine. S30V, new micarta scales and a nice tumbled polish.
    I have to agree that it's a beautiful knife, although I can't afford one. Your shots do show the new micarta handles to good effect, and the micarta handles are one of the things many of us are interested in. I don't know how many posting there have been asking about the new micarta handles, i.e. "when will they be ready, and how much will they cost?" We all want to know when they might be available on the Ka-Bar website. Many of us are also very interested in the new handles for the BK-11 Necker (I want those myself).

    Does anyone have pics from the Blade show itself and — equally as important — information on when this stuff will be available?

    Thanks for those pics, sideshowbob8: it really is a beautiful knife.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    RAT Pack #24, Beckerhead #44, Florida
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowbob8 View Post
    This little puppy is mighty fine. S30V, new micarta scales and a nice tumbled polish.
    Looks great!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Beckerhead #4
    Posts
    14,810
    Quote Originally Posted by dawsonbob View Post
    I have to agree that it's a beautiful knife, although I can't afford one. Your shots do show the new micarta handles to good effect, and the micarta handles are one of the things many of us are interested in. I don't know how many posting there have been asking about the new micarta handles, i.e. "when will they be ready, and how much will they cost?" We all want to know when they might be available on the Ka-Bar website. Many of us are also very interested in the new handles for the BK-11 Necker (I want those myself).

    Does anyone have pics from the Blade show itself and — equally as important — information on when this stuff will be available?

    Thanks for those pics, sideshowbob8: it really is a beautiful knife.
    those are some nice pictures. at the show, i availed myself and got one of those limited edition BK-77s, a really sweet pre-beat up ;> BK-03, a KaBar Pistol Bayonet, and ... stuff. detailed pix when Ethan sends them (autographed BK-77 of course)

    i'm privy to some details on upcoming items, materials, and such, and wish i could tell you (don't ask), but 2009 will be ... interesting. new and old. something borrowed, something blue? we'll see what marriages happen.

    heh


    Bladite

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,573
    There we go again with the "marriage" hints. Time will tell. Without leaking any sensitive information you might be privy to, will you tell us what you can ... like when the micarta grips and the handles for the BK-11 might be available?

    I think we may have to nominate you for sainthood: you're the only one with pictures and information, so far.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Beckerhead #4
    Posts
    14,810
    Quote Originally Posted by dawsonbob View Post
    There we go again with the "marriage" hints. Time will tell. Without leaking any sensitive information you might be privy to, will you tell us what you can ... like when the micarta grips and the handles for the BK-11 might be available?

    I think we may have to nominate you for sainthood: you're the only one with pictures and information, so far.
    well, i believe it's "known lore" that the full size grips are programmed on the CNC, and materials will be produced. micarta in particular whould be $40 and availabe in quantity "real soon now'...

    the BK-11 grips were prototypes, and didn't have the final side to side contouring, which will be adjusted later; so the CNC isn't quite ready; but ... i think the information was "within 6 months" probably covers it. maybe 3. maybe sooner. it's not like they have lives at KaBar and ONLY work on Becker products now

    pictures are being fiddled with currently (apparently 196 or so photos, but that will get sorted, cut down, etc)


    Bladite

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladite View Post
    it's not like they have lives at KaBar and ONLY work on Becker products now
    Bladite
    You mean they don't only work on Becker products now? What's wrong with them? Don't they know how important Becker knives are?

    I didn't know that the K-11 handles were only prototypes. I thought they would be available at the same time as the full size ones: six months? Yikes!

    I'll look forward to your pics and your write up. I know all about picture sorting, and that it can take awhile.

  19. #19

    BK11 Micarta from Blade Show

    Here are the micarta slaps on the BK11. Ethan said after approval of a minor modification on these scales that he thinks they will be out in 6 weeks or so. It is amazing how easy it is to bribe Ethan and get prototypes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowbob8 View Post
    Here are the micarta slaps on the BK11. Ethan said after approval of a minor modification on these scales that he thinks they will be out in 6 weeks or so. It is amazing how easy it is to bribe Ethan and get prototypes.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, sideshowbob8. At last we know what the slabs for the BK-11 look like. I'm glad that Ethan is easily bribed: now we have pictures! You take good shots, by the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •