Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: "Yeller" Handles

ADVERTISEMENT
    How about a Schrade Barlow in yella (kinda) bone...

881y

Just got this one in the mail. Pre-73 Schrade Walden 881Y...
    Its sharp... We have already bonded
    Shes not in mint condition, but thats o.k because its already in pocket. Very smooth blades, zero play and great snap.

Hopefully in a few days, I will have the brother to the 881. I just picked up a Schrade 8OT from the same era as a companion.

It came with a bonus knife, an old yeller Imperial. I'm having a hard time keeping my son away from it. He thought it would go good with his yellow peanut that he got from stockman242 (Peter) some time back.

I didn't get real carried away with the pics, its cold and the wind is blowin perrty good.

Last edited by 338375; 01-23-2010 at 02:29 PM.

In the cypress swamps of the great peninsula, USA

Thumbs up

This Stock knife is way too sweeeeet!

What a Yeller beauty!. I love these older using slipjoints and Thank You for you kindness here!

Anthony

I love the look of the older match scratcher pulls, with the Bic lighter everywhere today you seldom see that type of pull any longer.

Nice stockman Mike. I like those tin Imperials too.They remind me of my grandfather. They were from R.I.

New shots

Thanks for the compliments. I really like the match strike pulls too...

Thats funny Steve, for some reason the little Imperials make me think of my Grandad too.

The more I see yellow bone, the more I want to get one. I really like it

Anthony posted a pic of yellow jigged handles, it seems jigging is much rarer with yellow?
    I believe Moore Maker(Queen) and Böker do jigged yellow bone, any others?

Quote Originally Posted by willgoy View Post
    Anthony posted a pic of yellow jigged handles, it seems jigging is much rarer with yellow?
    Case did a couple versions of jigged yellow bone. I know the John Deere version was one, and I think there was a Case Classic that also had jigged yellow.
    May be more, but I can't think of any right now.

338375 that is just gorgeous. I have an 881 regular and love it. The one you have in yellow is just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by crbauhs View Post
    338375 that is just gorgeous. I have an 881 regular and love it. The one you have in yellow is just awesome.

Thanks. I like the regular 881 with the jigged Delrin too.

Quote Originally Posted by willgoy View Post
    Boker did some Yellow ones for Henckels that you can find going pretty cheap. I have a 4 blade Henkels stockman I got for around $35.00. It's a bruiser of a knife.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Coonskinner View Post
    Here they are...

One of the yeller boys..

Another...

My dad's old knife, with the deteriorated celluloid:

One with jigged delrin:

Obviously the last one isn't in accordance with the color specificity of the thread, but is a 293.
    Thank You, Coonskinner -- Very nice indeed.
    ~ ~ ~ ><> ~ ~ ~

Here is one of the largest of the Teardrop Jack(or any Jack pattern for that matter) Knife patterns that Case ever produced. She is the hefty #3299 1/2 and certainly one of my very personal favorite Case XX slipjoint patterns of all time. The following example was produced in 1971 and when you are a tote'n this pocket knife most folks realize in a hurry that you mean business.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyd View Post
    Thank You, Coonskinner -- Very nice indeed.
    ~ ~ ~ ><> ~ ~ ~

Here is one of the largest of the Teardrop Jack(or any Jack pattern for that matter) Knife patterns that Case ever produced. She is the hefty #3299 1/2 and certainly one of my very personal favorite Case XX slipjoint patterns of all time. The following example was produced in 1971 and when you are a tote'n this pocket knife most folks realize in a hurry that you mean business.

Anthony

I think I may have one of those with black scales...

Here's one I modded...a buddy said that he sure would like to see a Case Barlow in yeller....so I made it up to show him...I still may gift it to him but I'm kinda liking it too....

Last edited by rayban; 01-26-2010 at 07:30 PM.

I just sniped this one off a popular online auction site.

I happened onto it because it had been mislisted.

I think I may have one of those with black scales...
    Close, but no cigar, Coonskinner.. This was yet another great Teardrop Jack pattern by WR Case.. A little shorter frame. But nevertheless a very fine TD Jack produced by Case XX around the same time in slick black scales and also one I'd like to see revived..

This Jack pattern is a: 31SAB.

Anthony
    Last edited by sunnyd; 01-26-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Thanks, Anthony.

The old knife is a stout, stout rascal with serious backsprings.

Great steel too, the old Case CV.

Another yeller handled Schrade Walden 293 came in the mailbox today...barely used.

Another yeller handled Schrade Walden 293 came in the mailbox today...barely used.
    You are one lucky pup, Coonskinner!

I myself am a going slipjoint hunting as of starting tonight on the secondary internet market for another one myself as I need a good back-up to my Schrade Walden 293Y too, which BTW, y'all have enticed me to hold near & dear to my cutt'n heart

I wanted to say Thank You to you fellows here and some others as well that have sparked my re-interest in such fine 'Yeller' Schrades!.
    ~ ~ ~ ><> ~ ~ ~

Switch'n gears here, again is a real favorite vintage user of mine, a 1970's old 'Yeller' one that I dug out of my stash earlier this afternoon that is a going into the watch pocket of my Wranglers first thing tomorrow morning before the sun rises.. That is if'n, GOD's willing..

This little 'Yeller' Stockman is an absolute gem, with her compact size and plenty of highly prized vintage hi-carbon steel, she packs a lot of cutt'n ability inside those bolster-less Yeller scales -- Case XX Shadow pattern (3) blade, 3 1/4 inches closed Birdseye Stockman # 33044 ..

Best & Blessings to All,

Anthony

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information