Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WOOT! New RC-6!

WOOT! New RC-6!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Just got my RC-6 at the shop yesterday! And just in time to head to the old family camp!

No photos yet, but hopefully we'll get a few shots of it in action if the weather isn't too crummy (calls for rain). I won't be back 'till Sunday, but if I'm not back after that you can assume that may lady killed me for buying another knife! Hopefully my bribe of a pink Izula will help me out!

~Ben
    RAT Pack #6

Sweet! I look forward to seeing the RC-6 in action. I bet the pink Izula will easily get you out of trouble.

I love my RC6. I was surprised how sharp is was when I first got it (small bite on my index finger opened my eyes), and still is very sharp. I did not realize I cut my finger until I felt something stiky and then a slight pain from my finger got my attention, I noticed the cut. It will go thru 1/4 inch pine branches like butter (with one good whack). 1/2 inch bracnch in maybe 2 or 3, depends on my accuracy. And its still sharp, just a little stroping on a belt and its back up to speed. Have fun with you RC6 this week end, if the rain holds out ! Now, If only Rat would make this a little longer, say 4-5 inches, then I bet it would go thru 1/2 inch with one whack. Remember "Elastic Man" cartoons, he could stretch out his body and limbs? I wish I could do that with my RC6.

The RC-5 seems a lot more popular but the RC-6 is a much more efficient cutting tool than the 5, not to mention lighter weight. Maybe it just show that we really don't know what we're doing in this industry 'cause if I had to choose between the two, the 6 wins hands down for being in the woods. Maybe I'm just too damn logical for this market! Then again, I never thought an over-priced machete (RTAK) would sell in the USA either.

BFs keeps causing double posts lately, so I deleted this one.
    Last edited by R.A.T.; 06-19-2009 at 07:48 AM. Reason: double post

First day I had my RC6 I felt I had to try it out. After batoning a few pieces of smoking wood, chopping off a few oak and elm branches, and skinning some bark for grins, it stayed tight in my grip and shaving sharp. Whatever magic Shon does to the 1095 is fantastic and the fit/finish is amazing. RAT should be proud and you will be one happy customer. Congrats and have fun with your blade.

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.T. View Post
    The RC-5 seems a lot more popular but the RC-6 is a much more efficient cutting tool than the 5, not to mention lighter weight. Maybe it just show that we really don't know what we're doing in this industry 'cause if I had to choose between the two, the 6 wins hands down for being in the woods. Maybe I'm just too damn logical for this market! Then again, I never thought an over-priced machete (RTAK) would sell in the USA either.
    I prefer the 6 over the 5 as well.

But, c'mon, Jeff, Americans have been all about big knives from the get-go, how could you think an RTAK wouldn't sell?

Well, if an over-priced machete from Ontario will sell, what would happen if there were an bad-ass, tougher than necessary, quasi-machete from RAT??????

Sweet! The RC-6 is high on my list of wants, i mean NEEDS. Looking forward to some pics.

Not saying an RTAK won't sell, just don't understand why it would anywhere north of 34 degrees latitude

Not saying an RTAK won't sell, just don't understand why it would anywhere north of 34 degrees latitude
    I blame the RAT models you guys used at Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by milani74 View Post
    I blame the RAT models you guys used at Blade.
    I will agree with that. If someone tells me they bought a knife 'cause the RAT girls are pretty, then I can understand that

Well, I don't know about the rest of the CONUS, but between 26 deg N and 36 deg N - Bigger is better

My point being the thin RTAK is designed as a tropical machete style blade.

My only RAT is a RC-6, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I think it is the perfect balance of length, thickness, and handle ergos. Thicker blades just seem like added weight and it hinders cutting performance for my uses, which are only outdoors stuff and not tactical. I cant imagine needing anything longer.

I find that a machete type knife is very handy around here. There are parts of Hellhole Swamp and Johnson Swamp that look a lot like the pics of Costa Rica on your website, Jeff.

I use my machete type things around here in tX chopping,I mean trimming rose bushes, cleaning out overgrown areas...

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina River Rat View Post
    I find that a machete type knife is very handy around here. There are parts of Hellhole Swamp and Johnson Swamp that look a lot like the pics of Costa Rica on your website, Jeff.
    Will agree with that. Been in some areas of SC and Georgia that were more of a jungle than most jungles I've been in

Will agree with that. Been in some areas of SC and Georgia that were more of a jungle than most jungles I've been in
    Which is why I love it here.

I like bigger blades because I like to prepare for what would happen if I was attacked by Zombies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information