Thread: Schrade 3 9/16" Slim Stockman Knives

Schrade 3 9/16" Slim Stockman Knives

ADVERTISEMENT
    One of my favorite Schrade pocket knife patterns. I've started carrying the 899 with the sheepsfoot blade:

98OT Herman Williams and 897UH

899's with different secondary blades

896K Butter n' Molassis and KHorn

895 and 825 Razor Blade "K-77"

Hal, nice collection!

Some rare examples in there, not the least of which is that HW!

Eric

I just grabbed an example of the 2nd last version (1974-1984?) of the 825. It's stamped "Schrade" over "U.S.A." over "SS825" and has the "Razor Blade Stainless" etch. I have scoured this forum and there are no pics of this later version of the pattern so I'm adding one for now and will scan it when I get it. Great deal too! I appears you can really see the "Razor Blade" bevel in the pic. Note the colour of the carbon springs versus the blades after nearly 30-40 years or so.

"Schrade" tang stamp indicates post 1973 and "Schrade Cutlery Corp" paperwork indicates pre-1984 if I have this right. The last stamping (1984-1988) seems to have been "Schrade+" over "U.S.A. 825" as seen here http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r..../pages/825.htm

My knife (hover to enlarge):
    SS825.jpg

I believe the first use of the "Schrade+" tang stamp would have been on the earliest LB7 knives made in 1977. I'm not sure if the stamping on the 825 changed at that point or much later. My knife might be further narrowed down to post-1973 to 1977 or so if they changed the stamp at that time. Maybe it was changed around 1981 when patterns other than the LB7 began to appear with a "Schrade+" tang stamp. I found a "Schrade+" stamped example in "Schrade Cutlery" packaging that was sold on ebay so it appears that the stamping changed prior to 1984 . How much sooner is still a a mystery. Anyone know for sure when this tang stamp change occurred on the 825RB?

ebay example:

Schrade+Schrade Cutlery 825.jpg
    Last edited by Dave Thinkstoomuch; 06-15-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Thread Information