Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sgian Dubh

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by koyote View Post

Funny thing about the Guardian. I used to own one, and it did have that modern sgian dubh attitude, but it was a knife that always made me want just 5-10% more- especially on the handle. (and the blade is a bit thick, but I'm weird that way)

Yup. Handle is too small, blade geometry sucks, blade is too thick, tip is too thin. Pretty much a disaster of a knife in every way possible. But for some reason I kinda like it. I'll never carry it again, mind you. Maybe I should give it away. But not yet.

Dunefan, that is a sweet knife.

Hey Christof when I first seen this Medium PSK I got from ya, I had to Grab It up Quik, I think you had Sgian Dubh on the Mind when you made this Little Beauty,

I know I really like It, I cant wait to see the one your making me with the Ipe Scale's and the Forged Etched Finish, I can see It already !

yay pictures! Thanks Rotte!
    Sierra B. Ginsberg
    Sheath Maker and Webmaster
    www.KoyoteKnives.com

I hate forgetting to photograph knives. I always have a number gap in the listings page. that's 216, by the way

All done and ready to go:

Cool Sweet

Oh dear, oh dear, but that is lovely. There's an extra $10.00 in it for ya if that finds it's way to my door...you know...by accident.

I think hawkman is claiming this one

the original photos of the first one:

I just got a prospective order from a MacGregor and I've decided I have a really neat idea for clan specific, and military tartans (or military colors)-

Thin spacers stacked with slightly thinner micarta. or possibly even spacers on one side. For a MacGregor I'd do, for example, a black handle with a red/green/blade/green/red sandwich (the blade being the "white")

For a Navy I'd definitely use black micarta and use blue and gold or the blue/red/white/red/blue for the tartan style. Jarheads would get the standard yellow and red, but of course.....

Cool idea. Could you do one with blue micarta and white spacers? There is a tradition in the military of having a unit coin with you at all times. I wonder if a coin could be mounted in the handle (recessed and epoxied)--most unit coins are the size of a silver dollar. Maybe this Winter....

blue and white would work out well. I'd have to get exact dimensions on a challenge coin I've got a few from quarter to big old half dollar sized. I think it wouuld work fine, as long as it fint dimensionally.

Quote Originally Posted by koyote View Post
    I'd have to get exact dimensions on a challenge coin I've got a few from quarter to big old half dollar sized. I think it wouuld work fine, as long as it fint dimensionally.

I checked a couple of my coins against the Sgian Dubh--no go.

Too bad, it's kind of a cool idea. And you'd never be buying drinks. I still think blue and white would be cool.

That one is definitely big. you could make it work as a custom, though it would be awkward.

And what does it look like BEFORE all that? Here's an order I'm finishing up for a chrome dome on the forums.

I love seeing these knives. They are just fantastic.

Here's a work in progress- doing one with ipe for a handle.

the photos are wet with linseed oil as the knife was coming out of its first soak.

You got that Ipe Wood Looking Great Christof, Nice Work on the Scales ! One Down Two to go, That's gonna be a Nice Set of Knive's all In Ipe Wood, I cant wait to see the Big Modern Seax with a 9" Blade Is gonna be Nice, And the BackWood's Tactical Is gonna Top It all off ! There gonna make for a Beautiful Group picture, Thank's for the picture's of my Sgian Dubh,

Wow, that looks good. Sleek. I'm really likin' the Ipe. That's gonna be a good one.

Damn that Ipe handle looks good! Is file work on the spine standard fair on these?

pretty much, if desired. speaking of which, do you want filework?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information