Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handmade Leather Sheaths for Mora Knives

Handmade Leather Sheaths for Mora Knives

ADVERTISEMENT
    Mora knives are an excellent value, but their downfall is their unattractive plastic sheaths. So, I am offering an alternative.

I can make sheaths for the following:
    Mora #1
    Mora 2000
    Mora Clipper
    Mora #2
    Mora 510
    (I will be adding more as I get them)

You don't have to send the knife, since I will only offer sheaths for models that I have on hand. Sheaths will be in the nordic style, keeping with the style of the knife, and will have a firesteel loop located on the back or side. Sheaths will look, roughly, like this one (pictured sheath is not actually for the mora #1, but the mora sheaths will look very similar):

Sheaths will cost $25 plus $5 shipping per order in the CONUS ( I will ship other places, but that could alter the price). Wait time for them shouldn't be too long.

If you want a knife sheath for a knife that I don't have on hand, send me an email, we'll get somthing figured out.

I'll be updating this post as things change,
    Brendan
    Last edited by BarberFobic1992; 12-05-2009 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Added models.

I meant *shouldn't* be too long, oops

Brendan this is kinda exciting to me but I don't (and others may not) have a Mora #1. What other knives do you have that you can (more importantly would) make sheaths for? For example I have an EnZo Trapper that could use one of your sheaths.
    Last edited by Marcelo Cantu; 08-03-2009 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelo Cantu View Post
    Brendan this is kinda exciting to me but I don't (and others may not) have a Mora #1. What other knives do you have that you can (more importantly would) make sheaths for? For example I have an EnZo Trapper that could use one of your sheaths.
    On hand, I don't have very many I'm afraid. I think I'll pick up a few more popular mora models since they are so inexpensive, however I don't know If i would benefit from picking up any of the more expensive models, however, if there was enough interest in a specific model, I would be okay doing so. Also, I sent you a PM.

Thats a sharp looking sheath, makes me want to buy a Mora just to own the sheath.
    Great price also.
    Chris
    Chris Williams from Fayetteville, NC
    WWW.Wilmontgrinders.com
    WWW.Wilmontknives.com

I have a more puukko I just re-handled, would that sheath fit it?

Quote Originally Posted by exodus125 View Post
    I have a more puukko I just re-handled, would that sheath fit it?

If you have a couple of pictures of the handle, I might be able to make a prediction, but If you really want me to make a sheath for it with a really good fit, I think you'd have to mail it. Or you could try making your own. If you are wanting to make your own, let me know, I wrote a tutorial on another forum that I can send you a link to.

the shape and size of the handle I am not worried about because I can thin it out and make it fit. I am jsut not sure is the length of the balde would be a problem.

also, is there any way you could add a fire steel look to a sheath? that would be very cool.

the shape and size of the handle I am not worried about because I can thin it out and make it fit. I am jsut not sure is the length of the balde would be a problem.
    As long as the blade length is the same as the mora #1, it will be fine. If it is a little longer/shorter, let me know, and I'll see if I can get a liner that will fit it.
    also, is there any way you could add a fire steel look to a sheath? that would be very cool.
    Actually, all of my sheaths have a firesteel loop on them, it is intigrated into the back stiching. In this video At about 4 minutes a knife and sheath I amde make an apearance, and you can see how the firesteel loop is done. Thanks!

the blade measures 3 3/4" long and the handle is 3.5" long

Is the fire steel look designed for a 3/8" or 1/4" steel?

If it will work with the 3 3/4" blade length. I will take one.

the blade measures 3 3/4" long and the handle is 3.5" long

Is the fire steel look designed for a 3/8" or 1/4" steel?

If it will work with the 3 3/4" blade length. I will take one.
    Yea, that sounds do-able. I am currently not in town, but I'll send you an e-mail or a pm or somthing when I start on it. Thanks!

I added a couple more models that I can do.

Can you, by any chance, make a sheath for a Falkniven F1?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Timblade View Post
    Can you, by any chance, make a sheath for a Falkniven F1?
    Thanks.
    I could probably do it, but, not having one on hand, it is difficult to tell. If you really want a sheath for it, I think that you would have to mail it. Since it would be sort of expirimental, if it didn't turn out well, you wouldn't br obligated to buy it. Let me know. You can send me an e-mail if you'd like to talk more.

Exodus, your sheath is in the final stages

Exodus's:

very nice, can't wait to try it out. I will post some pictures in here with the knife when I get it.

and just as an FYI to everyone, Barberfobic has been a pleasure to do business with.
    Last edited by exodus125; 08-31-2009 at 11:48 AM.

Just for about a week or two I am going to stop accepting additional sheath orders, as I am a little backed up right now (unless I talked to you about them before this post). I'll make another post once I am all caught up.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information