Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Izula sheath

Izula sheath

ADVERTISEMENT
    So I got my Izula a few weeks ago and love the knife, but hate the sheath. I was going to have Raven Concealment make me a kydex sheath next time I whent to the Indy gun and knife, but now I am having second thoughts. I noticed some of those leather pocket sheathes off of knivesshipfree.com that I like, but was not sure how well the Izula would fit in one of them. I also looked into Wookie's sheath for the Izula as well, but not sure if he is still making them currently. I would like to have a nice leather sheath, but know of none that are being produced other than custom jobs maybe. I need some advice and PICURES please of some of your rigs please. Thanks, schwome

Texas Tony has a few leather jobs for his Izula from a few different makers as well as KSF. I'm sure he'll jump in tomorrow morning and let you know which ones fit.

Wookie has been making batches for the Izula regularly. He normally updates his thread when he has some available.

I'll let you know next time I have some available as well.

Quote Originally Posted by schwome View Post
    So I got my Izula a few weeks ago and love the knife, but hate the sheath. I was going to have Raven Concealment make me a kydex sheath next time I whent to the Indy gun and knife, but now I am having second thoughts. I noticed some of those leather pocket sheathes off of knivesshipfree.com that I like, but was not sure how well the Izula would fit in one of them. I also looked into Wookie's sheath for the Izula as well, but not sure if he is still making them currently. I would like to have a nice leather sheath, but know of none that are being produced other than custom jobs maybe. I need some advice and PICURES please of some of your rigs please. Thanks, schwome
    I'm about to make one for my own Izula...may I ask how your would like to carry it? In the pocket, on the belt, neck, etc.
    I'm thinking of one that will work as both a neck sheath and a belt carry. I believe the knife is a bit large for a pocket sheath...MY pocket anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunner11 View Post
    Texas Tony has a few leather jobs for his Izula from a few different makers as well as KSF. I'm sure he'll jump in tomorrow morning and let you know which ones fit.

Wookie has been making batches for the Izula regularly. He normally updates his thread when he has some available.

I'll let you know next time I have some available as well.
    Thanks. I appreciate that. The KSF's caught my eye only recently, but they appear to be a good setup. I am however quite attached to kydex still. I have a Raven Concealment holster for my HK USP and I like it alot, but they are rather pricy. I think it would probably be about $45-50 for a sheath from them. Could you tell me how much Wookie's sheathes go for if u don't mind me asking?

Wookie's Izula sheaths are $35 including shipping.
    I just received mine and it's well worth the price.

The Izula fits very well in the KSF pocket sheath. In fact that is how I am carrying mine. I am currently waiting on Wookie to ship the kydex one I ordered from him.

garciajr

Quote Originally Posted by rayban View Post
    I'm about to make one for my own Izula...may I ask how your would like to carry it? In the pocket, on the belt, neck, etc.
    I'm thinking of one that will work as both a neck sheath and a belt carry. I believe the knife is a bit large for a pocket sheath...MY pocket anyway.
    I've been pocket carrying my Izula ever since I got it. With the shipped kydex sheath, I don't find it a problem at all. It's slim and light enough, that you just about forget it's there. I would definitely like to have a specialized pocket sheath, but haven't quite found what I'm looking for yet.

I had a post about this a short time ago, and several people recommended the ones from KnivesShipFree.com, but they look a little larger than what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by garciajr View Post
    The Izula fits very well in the KSF pocket sheath. In fact that is how I am carrying mine. I am currently waiting on Wookie to ship the kydex one I ordered from him.

garciajr
    Do you think u could post a pic or two to see how it fits please. Which model do u have as well. Thanks, schwome

Here you go........

Smile

Here you go........

Thanks garciajr. That looks nice, I appreciate it

Here you go........

Looks good. It looks like that one was from the first or second run. We experimented with stamps and that one was started 1/2 way into the first and used through the second. I never could read it.

We are going to have a really great leather sheath coming out in the next couple weeks.

It is quick release and can be worn on the belt or neck. I am testing it now. LOVE it.

Quote Originally Posted by okbohn View Post
    Looks good. It looks like that one was from the first or second run. We experimented with stamps and that one was started 1/2 way into the first and used through the second. I never could read it.

We are going to have a really great leather sheath coming out in the next couple weeks.

It is quick release and can be worn on the belt or neck. I am testing it now. LOVE it.
    That is awsome. A couple questions: Is it meant specifiacally for the Izula and will it come in the same leather options the KSF's do

Check this out:

My dutch custom made Sheath:

Yes, this is designed for the IZULA. I am sure it will have the bells and whistles pa all the KSF products, but it is still too early.

I turned my sheath guy loose to make a belt sheath for the izula and he came up quoth this that can be used on the belt or neck.

So far I like it. We'll have some small changes to make but it is the basic design.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornady View Post
    Check this out:

My dutch custom made Sheath:
    Nice pic Dirk, thanks.

Schwome, If you want to go for a necker sheath, I'm sure that Wooke will Have one for you or make one.
    Just shoot him a PM.

That sheat is alot smaler, very very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Piet.S View Post
    Nice pic Dirk, thanks.

Schwome, If you want to go for a necker sheath, I'm sure that Wooke will Have one for you or make one.
    Just shoot him a PM.
    I will have to do that sometime soon. My budget just got a little tighter because I just found out last night my mom is giving me 3 months to move out. I just graduated college in may and she has not quit harassing me since I came home. Time to jump into the great unknown... I was hoping she would give me a year to get me on my feet, but o well.

Quote Originally Posted by IZULA View Post
    That sheat is alot smaler, very very nice.
    Thanks.
    Hornady asked for a small sheath because he also likes to carry his Izula in his pocket.
    So I gave it a try.

JRE has a leather sheath with a pocket clip. They made it for a BHK tiger knapp. Check it out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information